What is your opinion of outdoor "Gender Reveal" parties?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
When did this become a thing? We had our kids and never even heard of a "gender reveal" party. We had a thing called a "baby shower", indoor with friends and family. Now apparently Millennials feel it is necessary to set fields on fire with blue or pink explosives to announce to the world what gender their baby is. Yeah I know, I'm a dinosaur and I don' get it. I suppose if you want to have some indoor reveal party, that's fine but this outdoor stuff with fireworks, explosives, planes ec. seems a bit much. What do you think?

When did this become a thing? We had our kids and never even heard of a "gender reveal" party. We had a thing called a "baby shower", indoor with friends and family. Now apparently Millennials feel it is necessary to set fields on fire with blue or pink explosives to announce to the world what gender their baby is. Yeah I know, I'm a dinosaur and I don' get it. I suppose if you want to have some indoor reveal party, that's fine but this outdoor stuff with fireworks, explosives, planes ec. seems a bit much. What do you think?
In a way it's the same thing as a baby shower but a "look at me" showy and expensive event.

If done in place of a Baby Shower, fine, but grubbing for gifts twice is tacky.
I totally agree, we got invited to one for a casual friend. The invitation made mention of being registered at a store, so we went and got a gift. About a month before the due date we received a second invite for a baby shower and they included a list of item they still needed. It torqued my wife up so in return she sent them a congratulations card with a picture of them opening up the original gift. God I love that woman

A baby shower is fine. Some people get together, eat something, friends bring some gifts for the baby and so on. Involves the mother and her girlfriends.

Gender reveal parties are fucking stupid because it is a way for the parents to make it about them. It isn't about the baby, it's about getting attention. But the reveal involves both parents and everyone for no real reason. Nobody gives a shit what gender it is, it's a boy or a girl. There isn't much excitement there.

Maybe gender reveals wouldn't be as bad if there wasn't also baby shower. That means people have to waste their time twice just because the man didn't use a condom or pull out.

Whoopie, you created something billions of other people do also.

I'm 47, I pretty much ignore any kind of celebration that didn't exist when I was a kid.

A baby shower is fine. Some people get together, eat something, friends bring some gifts for the baby and so on. Involves the mother and her girlfriends.

Gender reveal parties are fucking stupid because it is a way for the parents to make it about them. It isn't about the baby, it's about getting attention. But the reveal involves both parents and everyone for no real reason. Nobody gives a shit what gender it is, it's a boy or a girl. There isn't much excitement there.

Maybe gender reveals wouldn't be as bad if there wasn't also baby shower. That means people have to waste their time twice just because the man didn't use a condom or pull out.

Whoopie, you created something billions of other people do also.

I'm 47, I pretty much ignore any kind of celebration that didn't exist when I was a kid.

Imagine the great depression and anguish an expectant mother had to suffer, being unaware of the sex of her baby until -- GASP!!!!!!!!!!! -- the moment of birth!

The agony!

How did they go through it for so many thousand years?

Michelle Obama gender reveal

michelleobamazipperfkfkff.jpg

Why? Are you thinking of hosting one? Go for it. You have been fixated on this for such a long time now, so it's about time.

Let us know how it turned out! Good luck.

only these kind

Forum List

Back