What is your opinion of outdoor "Gender Reveal" parties?

Don’t we all need to wait until the child is five and then the child can do their own gender reveal?

I don't have a problem with it, as long as it is not an addition to a baby shower. You can have one or the other, but you can't have both. Being old school, I think the baby shower is best. And there really is something to not knowing until birth. Having a good conversation with my youngest son tonight, he is such a blessing. His name is Trey, do I need to say more. But when he was born, after my wife delivered, she asked, "Is it a boy". So poignant. These sex reveal parties take that all away. Knowing the sex has some real downsides, and with six kids, no one knows it better than I do.

Imagine the great depression and anguish an expectant mother had to suffer, being unaware of the sex of her baby until -- GASP!!!!!!!!!!! -- the moment of birth!

The agony!

How did they go through it for so many thousand years?

When my son was born no one knew whether it was a boy or girl until the baby was born. I knew. I knew it was a boy from the second I knew I was pregnant.

There ^^^^ he said it!:biggrin:

A young man who works for me is $30K in debt, as the result of courting his girlfriend from three states away, and when she got pregnant they had one of these parties. This man works 7 days a week. I can't imagine how such a party could be more important than paying down a little bit more of that debt.

When did this become a thing? We had our kids and never even heard of a "gender reveal" party. We had a thing called a "baby shower", indoor with friends and family. Now apparently Millennials feel it is necessary to set fields on fire with blue or pink explosives to announce to the world what gender their baby is. Yeah I know, I'm a dinosaur and I don' get it. I suppose if you want to have some indoor reveal party, that's fine but this outdoor stuff with fireworks, explosives, planes ec. seems a bit much. What do you think?

My wife goes to them. I very much do not. They started about ten 12 years ago. The only thing that annoys me more are "Save the date" cards. Just send the damn invitation instead of sending a card telling you to save the date for a forthcoming invitation.

I guess knowing the natal gender of your fetus does help in picking clothes but, in the past, infant clothing was gender neutral to female, maybe because they really didn't know what their child's natal gender would be.

1694234575749.jpeg

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Last edited:
How is it leftist?
Leftists in America are into identy politics, equity, social justice, etc. WOKE is being outwardly supportive of all that. Woke is being hyper aware of all the negativity around you and blaming everyone else but yourself.

Leftists in America are into identy politics, equity, social justice, etc. WOKE is being outwardly supportive of all that. Woke is being hyper aware of all the negativity around you and blaming everyone else but yourself.
What does any of that have to do with a gender reveal party?

When did this become a thing? We had our kids and never even heard of a "gender reveal" party. We had a thing called a "baby shower", indoor with friends and family. Now apparently Millennials feel it is necessary to set fields on fire with blue or pink explosives to announce to the world what gender their baby is. Yeah I know, I'm a dinosaur and I don' get it. I suppose if you want to have some indoor reveal party, that's fine but this outdoor stuff with fireworks, explosives, planes ec. seems a bit much. What do you think?

I thought it was a party for people coming out as gay.

Baby showers are typically for chicks… gender reveal parties evolved the idea to include both parents and a party and thing blowing up. Right up your ally

People can do what they want, of course.

Personally, I think it's all just too much these days. And the "gender reveal" parties are the poster child for "too much"

Forum List

Back