What is wrong with Merrick Garland? Is he asleep at the wheel - or just afraid?

Garland is taking advice from cooler heads. He knows that if he acts he could be standing out in no man's land with nobody at his back.

Concievably, no military at his back!

Garland is taking advice from cooler heads. He knows that if he acts he could be standing out in no man's land with nobody at his back.

Concievably, no military at his back!
The left simply cannot accept that they may be wrong. If things don't go as demanded, something must be wrong with the people who are supposed to deliver.

You have this totally backwards.
Congress is not at all supposed to have any influence over the Attorney General.
That is the whole point of civil service.
Congress does not really have the authority to subpoena as they do.
Congress is composed of political hacks, and is not a court presided over by the impartial judiciary.
Members of both other branches are supposed to be completely immune to any use of force or coercion by congress.

Wake up, Garland! Man up!
I find it hard to believe that DOJ isn't looking at this. If Trump & his mob aren't prosecuted it will be the biggest miscarriage of justice in the history of this Country.

If only the actual rioters arre prosecuted there is the proof that the phrase "no one is above the law" is a farce.

There is no legal way to convict a member of the executive branch with contempt of Congress. The executive is co-equal with the congress. Neither has power over the other. As an example, when congress refused to appropriate money for Teddy Roosevelt to send the Great White Fleet on its voyage around the world. The only action he could take was to send it and tell congress if they wanted their navy back, they needed to appropriate enough money for the return voyage.

I find it hard to believe that DOJ isn't looking at this. If Trump & his mob aren't prosecuted it will be the biggest miscarriage of justice in the history of this Country.

If only the actual rioters arre prosecuted there is the proof that the phrase "no one is above the law" is a farce.
It is a farce. This entire administration is a gigantic failure.

It is a farce. This entire administration is a gigantic failure.

I love how you clowns make these broad sweeping pronouncements as if they had any meaning. Especially since you'd vote Trump back in if you could, and he really was a gigantic failure. That's why he LOST the election.

The entire Biden administration has been very successful in spite of an array of problems which completely overwhelmed Trump and left him careening around the country telling everyone that the only way he wouldn't be elected is if the election was "stolen" from him.

This the just like voters voting Republicans back into the House and Senate in 2010 because Obama didn't save the world fast enough to suit them and FOX News was telling you what a failure he was.

Last edited:
Members of the January 6 House select committee are working their tails off trying to wrap this all up prior to the 2022 election - but Merrick Garland appears to be doing nothing to help. The clock is ticking...
It is not his job to help.

It is his job to enforce the law.

He may very well have his own good and true reasons for refraining-from or delaying any particular prosecution.

He may also be under orders from the White House.

All kinds of possibilities.

But the Committee is still in-session, and there're plenty of time, while it exists, and after it dissolves, to indict and prosecute various January 6 traitors.

I love how you clowns make these broad sweeping pronouncements as if they had any meaning. Especially since you'd vote Trump back in if you could, and he really was a gigantic failure. That's why he LOST the election.

The entire Biden administration has been very successful in spite of an array of problems which completely overwhelmed Trump and left him careening around the country telling everyone that the only way he wouldn't be elected is if the election was "stolen" from him.

This the just like voters voting Republicans back into the House and Senate in 2010 because Obama didn't save the world fast enough to suit them and FOX News was telling you what a failure he was.
Is Biden in cognitive decline?

geezus.....lol....

It is not his job to help.

It is his job to enforce the law.

He may very well have his own good and true reasons for refraining-from or delaying any particular prosecution.

He may also be under orders from the White House.

All kinds of possibilities.

But the Committee is still in-session, and there're plenty of time, while it exists, and after it dissolves, to indict and prosecute various January 6 traitors.

The Jan 6 committee is a political organ, not a judicial one. The DOJ's job in deciding to persecute anyone is totally separate from the Partisan Congressional committee, where only one side has the ability to call witnesses or ask questions.

Garland and his cronies don't have to wait for Schiff.

I thought you guys tried to tell us he was a moderate, thoughtful jurist fit for the Supreme Court. Yet, here you are, insisting he has to act like a typical leftwing hot head. What gives with you people?
So charging some people with contempt is fine.

But asking him to charge others is demanding he be a hothead.

Not so sure your latest red herring checks out, my man.

So charging some people with contempt is fine.

But asking him to charge others is demanding he be a hothead.

Not so sure your latest red herring checks out, my man.
This is not the first time that poster has spewed indignantly that he's not doing the job she wants him to do.

This is not the first time that poster has spewed indignantly that he's not doing the job she wants him to do.
So? Same goes for a lot of people who feel the same way. It's fair criticism. We are throwing people in jail for doing things they honestly thought the POTUS had invited them to do.

If we aren't going to hold the cult high priests accountable too, then let all those people go home, I say.

So? Same goes for a lot of people who feel the same way. It's fair criticism. We are throwing people in jail for doing things they honestly thought the POTUS had invited them to do.

If we aren't going to hold the cult high priests accountable too, then let all those people go home, I say.
He was sold as a moderate. Is he acting like a moderate? If so, why the angst? If not, glad he's not on the Court.

Forum List

Back