CDZ What is White Privilege?

Do you subscribe to the idea of White Privilege

• Total voters
White privilege exists, at least in the U.S., albeit in far less overt ways than it used to. Have I benefitted from it? Absolutely. Should it exist and should I have? No.

Well, as long as blacks choose not to value work and civilized behavior it will seem this way. I don't feel it exist at all as to say it does is pretty much saying that hard work is a bad thing.

White privilege exists, at least in the U.S., albeit in far less overt ways than it used to. Have I benefitted from it? Absolutely. Should it exist and should I have? No.

Well, as long as blacks choose not to value work and civilized behavior it will seem this way. I don't feel it exist at all as to say it does is pretty much saying that hard work is a bad thing.

As long as people -- black, white, yellow, brown, Martian, etc. -- make generalizations like that, they poignantly show that rational thought and its consequent isn't among they things they value.

The question was, is there white privilege. Not if black people are good or bad . Yes to white privilege, I have had the benefit all my life.
The intended result is to reduce judgement of people on there race, color, sex, or age

Do Oprah Winfrey's black friends have Black Privilege since they are networked with a powerful black person who can use her influence on their behalf?

In a White-dominated country, White Privilege is whatever-the-hell we say it is.

All people are 'racist' to some extent or another.

It is human nature to want to associate with those who look like ourselves.

Nothing wrong with that.

The trick is not to let it overpower one's judgment, while caring-for and standing-with one's own kind.

Racism and cultural bias based upon skin color has existed since Man first began to differentiate into different racial and skin-color groupings.

Racism and cultural bias will still be extant 100,000 years from now.

All we can do is to guard against the worst excesses which irreparably harm relations between the races.

Last edited:
Can you provide examples of White Privilege?

People with black sounding names are less likely to get calls back for a job application.

On average black people are sentenced to more prison time for the same crimes.

Last edited:
In a White-dominated country, White Privilege is whatever-the-hell we say it is.

Nothing wrong with that.

The trick is not to let it overpower one's judgment, while caring-for and standing-with one's own kind.

Racism and cultural bias based upon skin color has existed since Man first began to differentiate into different racial and skin-color groupings.

All we can do is to guard against the worst excesses which irreparably harm relations between the races.

All bullshit. Complete bullshit.

Do Oprah Winfrey's black friends have Black Privilege since they are networked with a powerful black person who can use her influence on their behalf?

You guys never stop thinking up these outstanding questions which are absolutely unrelated to the subject at hand.
Bullshit, complete bullshit!

So original! I'm proud of you.
Thank you. I'm so privileged that you are proud of me.

You guys never stop thinking up these outstanding questions which are absolutely unrelated to the subject at hand.
Bullshit, complete bullshit!

So original! I'm proud of you.
Thank you. I'm so privileged that you are proud of me.

No problem. In the last hour or so....your ability to post without falling prey to the bullshit monster has dramatically improved. Keep up the good work.

Nothing wrong with that.

All bullshit. Complete bullshit.
Not bullshit.

Truth.

An "inconvenient truth" for race-baiters, no doubt.

What do you think about the "privilege" of being racially discriminated against in Affirmative Action ? Being denied college asmissions, college financial aid, job hiring, job promotions, business loans ? In case you don't knwo what THIS "privilege" is, it's called BLACK privilege.

What do you think about the "privilege" of being racially discriminated against in Affirmative Action ? Being denied college asmissions, college financial aid, job hiring, job promotions, business loans ? In case you don't knwo what THIS "privilege" is, it's called BLACK privilege.

I have no sense that I or my kids have been racially discriminated against by Affirmative Action. I've not been offered every job for which I applied; my three kids didn't gain admittance to every college to which they applied. I'm comfortable accepting that someone better suited got the job offers and school admittances. Also, whereas I've never experienced my race as being a reason why I was denied anything, I know of at least one instance where I observed a minority's being denied equal treatment/consideration because of nothing other than their race.

Having answered your question, I have one for you. Seeing as you don't think that Affirmative Action programs as they are currently implemented are the means we should use to ensure that minorities are not denied access to opportunities on the basis of their race, what do you propose as an alternative that you think will better ensure that access to opportunities is equitably apportioned to seekers of those opportunities?

Can you provide examples of White Privilege?

People with black sounding names are less likely to get calls back for a job application.

On average black people are sentenced to more prison time for the same crimes.
They commit MORE crimes. Duh!

I don't know you so I can't tell whether or not this is sarcasm. What I'm saying is for the exact same crime under very similar circumstances a black man is statistically more likely to be sentenced to more time in prison than a white man. So two guys with no record commit grand theft auto, right? One of those guys was black, the other white. The black guy has a good chance of being sentenced to more time in prison even though it was the same crime.

I'm new here. And this " White privilege " premise is also new to me.

Without appearing rude, please explain this premise.

Explain to me the benefits that I have been afforded by this concept.

Forum List

Back