CDZ What is White Privilege?

Do you subscribe to the idea of White Privilege

• Total voters
I am white, just lost my job because of Obama care. The industry I was in, taken over by Hispanics "immigrants". Not a great selling point for the health care fiasco or the open immigration crap pushed by the Obama administration. Sell us out, hurt us, deprive us, More liberal lies. Liars and the they webs they spin. And people are hurt here. Big-time.
You lost your job because you were inept. Dont lie.
That is: I am almost sixty, it's a age related thing. And, (hint hint) Hispanics need twice as many workers to do the half work and they don't expect the law or society to enforce laws because they are here illegally relying on the greed of their employers. And you on ignorance.Bravo, clap clap clap. Proud of your self?
May your old age be painful and full of broken bones due to osteoporosis for your bigoted views.

Well, that's certainly classy .....

Perhaps your "help" would be better received if you did it without being insulting. For example, "An adult would have just said thanks......", comes across as condescending and insulting. Is that your goal? Does it inflate your ego? Are you grateful when someone insults you for your errors when you make one? To stay on topic, are you exercising White Privilege when you do this?

You are right. I was insulting. Probably unnecessarily. I will apologize.

Now....am I exercising white privilege when I do this? Hmmmmm. I'd say no. It doesn't quite apply.

White privilege....as I noted earlier....isn't something that is "used" or "exercised". It is experienced. It exists. I think you have expressed agreement regarding its existence.

I have definitely experienced it for my entire life. No doubt in my mind.
Apology accepted.
Historically I know for a fact WP existed. Whites got to sit at the front of the bus for example. The flip side of being discriminated against is to be privileged. Although there is still discrimination against Blacks today, It is minuscule compared to what it was two or three generations ago. Thus, the flip side, the WP has also been minimized. If a Black man can be elected president, then other Blacks can achieve similar success.

You need to go back and look up the definition of "white privilege" and 'racism without racists' .... then, get back to us.

I have. So what?

Then, you would know that the cited post, by joemona (Post 115) is incorrect.

Indeed, there are a lot of those in this thread. I was hoping that you would provide some insight as to those two terms. I see you have referred to nothing other than advisement and left it at that.

If I get pulled over for, oh say, speeding or an illegal left turn or -

I'm not afraid of the cop. I know I can have a conversation with the cop. I may well get a ticket but I'm not afraid of being judged before I even open my mouth. I'm not afraid to reach for my driver's license.

I'm white.

Congrats, you aren't ignorant, although, you seems to excuse those who are. Especially on dealing with cops.

Yes but my question stands. I want to know the end result desired of those who hold this view of white privilege. Do you know it or don't you? I can't figure it out.
You would need to ask every person that is intelligent enough to understand this easily observed dynamic. Thats a lot of people. My personal reasons would only be in response to someone that asked me a dumb question like why is the Black unemployment rate higher than the national average.

Classic Asclepias. You can ask him a question a million times and he will keep beating around the bush. I detect a pattern of behavior in your argument style. Its ok buddy. For me to ask you to stick to the facts, answer a question, or stay on topic would be akin to me abusing my white privilege. Thus, your ignorance is excused. Happy now? I'm coming around!! I refuse to hold you to the same standard as everyone else. You are oppressed. I will not take advantage of your low critical reading score. No abuse of white privilege here.

SAT%20stat%203.jpg

Why the difference between asians and blacks?
Aisans were never slaves or subject to Jim Crow laws. They never had their familys ripped apart and sold off. Plus they understand (the white mans) game as I have had many tell me and just beat you at it.

You have had 50 years. Why are you going backwards?

More whites are adopting black culture.

You would need to ask every person that is intelligent enough to understand this easily observed dynamic. Thats a lot of people. My personal reasons would only be in response to someone that asked me a dumb question like why is the Black unemployment rate higher than the national average.

Classic Asclepias. You can ask him a question a million times and he will keep beating around the bush. I detect a pattern of behavior in your argument style. Its ok buddy. For me to ask you to stick to the facts, answer a question, or stay on topic would be akin to me abusing my white privilege. Thus, your ignorance is excused. Happy now? I'm coming around!! I refuse to hold you to the same standard as everyone else. You are oppressed. I will not take advantage of your low critical reading score. No abuse of white privilege here.

SAT%20stat%203.jpg

Aisans were never slaves or subject to Jim Crow laws. They never had their familys ripped apart and sold off. Plus they understand (the white mans) game as I have had many tell me and just beat you at it.

You are facing the wrong direction.

I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just informing you since you asked the question.

Yes but my question stands. I want to know the end result desired of those who hold this view of white privilege. Do you know it or don't you? I can't figure it out.

SAT%20stat%203.jpg

That's garbage. Upon the emancipation of the slaves these guys were the new low class. How are we going to argue history with you when you obviously don't know it? Chinese Immigration and the Chinese Exclusion Acts - 1866 1898 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

chinese-railroad-workers.jpg

SAT%20stat%203.jpg

You are facing the wrong direction.

indeed.

Ok, so what is the intended result of convincing others of the existence of white privilege?
I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just informing you since you asked the question.

SAT%20stat%203.jpg
I'm not beating around the bush. I just cant answer for every person that says that. I think you're just upset I wont let you back out of traps you find yourself in. I keep telling you that you arent smart enough to do that with me and not be caught. Sorry but SAT's dont mean much to me since they have their roots in eugenics. At best all they do is tell you who may be prepared for college.

So far I noticed that anything based on fact, history, or statistics means anything to you. No surprise there.

An over 70% bastard birth rate, high poverty, high incarceration rates, and high dropout rates is the right direction?

SAT%20stat%203.jpg

That's garbage. Upon the emancipation of the slaves these guys were the new low class. How are we going to argue history with you when you obviously don't know it? Chinese Immigration and the Chinese Exclusion Acts - 1866 1898 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

chinese-railroad-workers.jpg
Maybe you can circle the relevant parts like where they were enslaved for centuries, had their families torn apart and forced to live in a system called Jim Crow.

SAT%20stat%203.jpg
I'm not beating around the bush. I just cant answer for every person that says that. I think you're just upset I wont let you back out of traps you find yourself in. I keep telling you that you arent smart enough to do that with me and not be caught. Sorry but SAT's dont mean much to me since they have their roots in eugenics. At best all they do is tell you who may be prepared for college.

So far I noticed that anything based on fact, history, or statistics means anything to you. No surprise there.
Let me know when you actually post something that is fact and not opinion.

How about the blacks that were not enslaved, what's their excuse?

How about the blacks that were not enslaved, what's their excuse?
I think you meant whats "their" excuse. You should have learned the difference in school dummy.The Blacks that werent enslaved went on to be land owners if they were not captured and put into slavery. They are all very successful. Today they rank among those that have achieved the most. Many make decisions that have impacted your life.

Not the ones in Africa, Haiti etc........
The ones in Hati were enslaved nimrod. Did you pass history? The ones in Africa went through massive European colonization and wars. Thats why they are doing way better than American Blacks. They were not enslaved and able to keep their cultures and languages intact even while being oppressed..

You are right. I was insulting. Probably unnecessarily. I will apologize.

Now....am I exercising white privilege when I do this? Hmmmmm. I'd say no. It doesn't quite apply.

White privilege....as I noted earlier....isn't something that is "used" or "exercised". It is experienced. It exists. I think you have expressed agreement regarding its existence.

I have definitely experienced it for my entire life. No doubt in my mind.
Apology accepted.
Historically I know for a fact WP existed. Whites got to sit at the front of the bus for example. The flip side of being discriminated against is to be privileged. Although there is still discrimination against Blacks today, It is minuscule compared to what it was two or three generations ago. Thus, the flip side, the WP has also been minimized. If a Black man can be elected president, then other Blacks can achieve similar success.

You need to go back and look up the definition of "white privilege" and 'racism without racists' .... then, get back to us.

I have. So what?

Then, you would know that the cited post, by joemona (Post 115) is incorrect.

Indeed, there are a lot of those in this thread. I was hoping that you would provide some insight as to those two terms. I see you have referred to nothing other than advisement and left it at that.

Since I believe in neither 'white privilege' nor 'racism without racists', I can think of no good reason to further spread that nonsense.

I am white, just lost my job because of Obama care. The industry I was in, taken over by Hispanics "immigrants". Not a great selling point for the health care fiasco or the open immigration crap pushed by the Obama administration. Sell us out, hurt us, deprive us, More liberal lies. Liars and the they webs they spin. And people are hurt here. Big-time.
You lost your job because you were inept. Dont lie.
That is: I am almost sixty, it's a age related thing. And, (hint hint) Hispanics need twice as many workers to do the half work and they don't expect the law or society to enforce laws because they are here illegally relying on the greed of their employers. And you on ignorance.Bravo, clap clap clap. Proud of your self?

Don't blame Hispanics for age discrimination. Oh wait, you said you lost your job because of ObamaCare. No, you said you lost it because "immigrants" took over your "industry".

Which is it?

If illegals took your job, it should be pretty easy for you to get another.

And, in point of fact, most are not here illegally and there is no evidence that they don't work as hard as others. The opposite is true. I know because, for more than 25 years, I saw it, first hand.

And of course, as we all know, President Obama's position and actions have been and continue to be the opposite of "open immigration".

I beleive that Blacks can easily overcome WP by educating themselves and presenting themselves as confident and capable individuals.

Overcome, yes. Easily overcome? It's getting easier by the year.

But the fact that there's something to "overcome" is evidence of white privilege.

Thank you.

White privilege allows the white person to be seen through the lens of their actions, not the lens of their race.

White privilege is what makes me less likely than black people to be followed through a store.

White privilege is what is invoked when I get stopped at a checkpoint, and even though I'm missing my front license plate, I'm let go with, "Take care of that," rather than "Pull over and we'd like to search your car."

White privilege is what causes a teacher to be more forgiving of a white kid who is "having a tough day", and recommend suspension for the same actions from a black kid.

White privilege is what you experience when people don't lock their car doors when you walk by.

White privilege is what you experience when your application is actually looked at by someone who matters, due to the lack of a "black-sounding name."

White privilege is being told, "Great work!" for a job well done, instead of people muttering behind your back that it was probably affirmative action.

White privilege is not worrying that a police officer might decide that you look suspicious.

White privilege is when I walk down the street, and I'm pretty damned sure some white driver isn't constructing a narrative that I'm walking slowly on purpose, because I think he owes me reparations. <<<<<<<<<This one is my personal favorite, as a person on USMB actually told me this.

White privilege means that I'm more likely to be helped out in an emergency by bystanders than a black person.

Edit: After reading the Washington Post piece, I was reminded that white privilege means that if a cop sees you running to your car or running into your house, or running just about ANYWHERE, the cop will simply assume you are in a hurry, and not that you're fleeing the scene of a crime.

Maybe the cop is profiling like he's always being accused of. Maybe profiling is not such a bad thing. Profiling- making judgements based on past experience. I'm not afraid to go into almost any white area in this country. I'd wouldn't do so in South Central L.A.

What is your point? Are you denying white privilege, or saying that it's a reasonable outcome?

Forum List

Back