What is this "Do not mention Nazis" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called a true neo nazi on here a neo nazi and the neo nazi reported me for correctly calling them a neo nazi. They are amongst the biggest snowflakes on this forum.

Name calling is not allowed at all by some boards. Some boards only allow liberals to do it. This one appears to attempt to be even handed about it...just depends on the particular moderator though and the forum you are in. One of the best rules is to debate the message not the poster.

One of the most common failures I see on here is that liberals will condemn any source that is conservative as being not reliable no matter what the message is. Again....debate the message not the source. Even the National Enquirer should not be disputed....they often get scoops and stuff the main stream media ignores or is ignorant of even if they have to go through someone's garbage to get the story.

Without the Nazi's, the GOP would shrink dramatically.

Perfect example of why the word is being censored.

It turns discussion into a bait thread

Yeah, because for the 10 years prior, this place was a shithole. :rolleyes:

Until the mods came running to the rescue to save us all.

Thank God for all these zones. How would the membership survive without them?

Censorship sucks.

#MUGA
8 years ago it was a shit hole and CK saved it.

Yes. That's when I decided to join, after lurking a long time. I remember the old board.

Seriously, you can't post the word "Nazi" here anymore?

They were a thing from 1938-1944.

My friend's dad brought back souvenirs from them, like a Luger, 2 mausers and an ear (from where the Luger came from) Some other things, too. But that's not what this is about.

What is this historical censorship?

You know, Hitler Youth, Nazi regime. Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.
..my uncle brought back nazi stuff...me being a big WW2 fan, this is a gold mine for me
...it's WW2 memorabilia.......I would say the European/Ostfront is more popular than the Pacific Theater

Well, it was a much larger theater as far as militaries go, for one. Most of the 'souvenirs' in the Pacific were sunk as well, thus not many around. Germans had cooler stuff than Japs did, too; Japs had those little swords, and that's about it; their weapons were mostly crap, and their fashion designers sucked, whereas Hitler was quite the clothes horse, as were all those leather queens n the SS, typical homos.
there were not many Japanese left after a lot of battles to award medals to :laugh:
..yes, the Pacific had very ''small'' units engaged compared to Europe/Ostfront
...my uncle's stuff is in great condition, after 70 years
..there are these colored pins from a nazi women's association with many colors/detailed/etc that look new --all my stuff has been authenticated, plus I doubt a WW2 vet that went from the south of France all the way to Munich would have fake stuff
...the Germans are known for fine, precise manufacturing
... I can post pics if anyone would like to see them

Indeed. Everybody wanted a Luger, or a Mauser ; my Granddad managed to get quit a few of those home from France via an other country. Nobody wanted a Nambi or whatever those crappy little Jap pistols were. My Dad came home with a sword and a flag, and a lot of dough from gambling on the ship home that he bought a car, married Mom, and bought a house with.

Seems to work fine..
The word was getting mod edited in another thread

Ah, Deltazmebro strikes again.....

iu

What about stalin? Or Mao? Or any other oppressor?
Where does this pandoras box end?

I'm late to party. But you just can't look intelligent accusing someone of being a Mao or Stalin. They are as dead as Elvis. And it's not much better to accuse a MEMBER of BEING a nazi until you've seen a picture of them goosestepping and delivering Zyclon B to Auschwitz.

There's a lot concern for future of discussion at USMB. Because there's a lot of pessimism on Staff right now about the futility of trying to the keep the roof on this place when things are obviously getting this far into confrontation -- not discussion. I for one --- think most of the content in Politics and Current events is WORSE than than the senseless hysteria and shouting on Twitter. And Twitter is USELESS to find any truth.

Get us "our space". We'll get over it. But mods have feewlings also.. Right now I'm addicted to Angry Orchard cider and huddled in the fetal position for the past six days. Problems are BIGGER than USMB.

I'm late to party. But you just can't look intelligent accusing someone of being a Mao or Stalin. They are as dead as Elvis. And it's not much better to accuse a MEMBER of BEING a nazi until you've seen a picture of them goosestepping and delivering Zyclon B to Auschwitz.

There's a lot concern for future of discussion at USMB. Because there's a lot of pessimism on Staff right now about the futility of trying to the keep the roof on this place when things are obviously getting this far into confrontation -- not discussion. I for one --- think most of the content in Politics and Current events is WORSE than than the senseless hysteria and shouting on Twitter. And Twitter is USELESS to find any truth.

Get us "our space". We'll get over it. But mods have feewlings also.. Right now I'm addicted to Angry Orchard cider and huddled in the fetal position for the past six days. Problems are BIGGER than USMB.

There's less bile in the FZ than Politics and Current events.

Seems to work fine..
The word was getting mod edited in another thread

One thing is for sure. Censorship is a good start on destroying liberty.

Never gonna be "censorship" here. We want spaces for EVERY issue and EVERY level of discussion. That way we don't have to CHOOSE between being an all Mary Poppins board whacking every emotional outburst and flame and a place where moderation = mod discretion on everything.

Reason I came here were that the Zone2/3 rules were brilliant after Cereal_Killer adopted us. As long as you remember youre on a DISCUSSION board and that there is a TOPIC -- you can say pretty much whatever you want.

Sad truth is -- that's not what is really happening. Don't read too much into this. But there's Prozac in the Mod Room vending machines right now. No big decisions to announce quite yet..

There's less bile in the FZ than Politics and Current events.

Probably. Except for a few personal feuds. And it's ACTUALLY unquestionably more fun to read.

I have seen the use of the word Nazi being used on people they don't agree with. It is a form of a personal attack that should be stopped cold as it a pernicious way of trying to attach a hostile label on someone they want to knock down.

In other places the Forum Boss simply censored the word, or have the mods treat as a name calling violation, As a Moderator at WUWT, I have seen the word Nazi be thrown around casually that had no relation to history, it is an attack that was declared a no no by the blog owner, it quickly vanished.

Calling people names is only useful when you can back it up, but the word Nazi isn't of them since that awful piece of history ran out in 1945, that should be clamped down.

I have seen the use of the word Nazi being used on people they don't agree with. It is a form of a personal attack that should be stopped cold as it a pernicious way of trying to attach a hostile label on someone they want to knock down.

In other places the Forum Boss simply censored the word, or have the mods treat as a name calling violation, As a Moderator at WUWT, I have seen the word Nazi be thrown around casually that had no relation to history, it is an attack that was declared a no no by the blog owner, it quickly vanished.

Calling people names is only useful when you can back it up, but the word Nazi isn't of them since that awful piece of history ran out in 1945, that should be clamped down.

Got it, you vote for censorship.

Boooooo, hisssssss!

Boooooo, hisssssss!

Nope, I voted for keeping threads on topic without gratuitous personal attacks.

Boooooo, hisssssss!

Well, that’s virtuous and all, but who decides what’s “gratuitous”?

Boooooo, hisssssss!

And censorship, like all the other sites out there that are so drab.

I quit a large political forum two weeks ago because the Moderator clamped down on me for the terrible crime of posting the announcement of putting someone on ignore. I got a three point penalty by the Moderator who thinks I was trolling with it.

I have THREE other warnings that were just as absurd, but no penalty points.

THAT is blatant censorship!

I quit a large political forum two weeks ago because the Moderator clamped down on me for the terrible crime of posting the announcement of putting someone on ignore. I got a three point penalty by the Moderator who thinks I was trolling with it.

I have THREE other warnings that were just as absurd, but no penalty points.

THAT is blatant censorship!

So you're a snowflake that puts people on ignore, aye? Quite telling, that is.

Boooooo, hisssssss!

It is quite obvious: "uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted."

The Nazi party ceased to exist as a political force...……………………………., in 1945, It is a personal attack nothing more.

Personal Attack Fallacy

"Argumentum ad Hominem (abusive and circumstantial): the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of trying to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument."

When nasty gratuitous attacks are made, debate is quickly damaged or over, often degenerating into a tit for tat. I have seen this many times, usually the thread are closed down.

Do you want debates to fail this way?

Do you really want to yell FIRE in a crowded movie house?

Boooooo, hisssssss!

It is quite obvious: "uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted."

The Nazi party ceased to exist as a political force...……………………………., in 1945, It is a personal attack nothing more.

Personal Attack Fallacy

"Argumentum ad Hominem (abusive and circumstantial): the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of trying to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument."

When nasty gratuitous attacks are made, debate is quickly damaged or over, often degenerating into a tit for tat. I have seen this many times, usually the thread are closed down.

Do you want debates to fail this way?

Do you really want to yell FIRE in a crowded movie house?

Bah, you're a Nazi Nazi, not to be confused with Soup Nazi. :funnyface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back