What is the name of this theory?

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
Loosely: Those that have money will spend it

I read a Wikipedia article on that years ago and have often used it in arguments. I have unsuccessfully tried to find the name of that theory many times.

so why care about it and start a thread about it

Because I thought about it earlier, and tried to look it up once again unsuccessfully.

when you should be learning how capitalism and freedom work??

Capitalism pertains to the free usage of capital in society, and freedom is the state of being liberated from external control.

Neither of those two things exist in America.

Capitalism pertains to the free usage of capital in society,

more thoroughly and accurately, capitalism pertains to free, peaceful, and voluntary economic relationships and is supported by Republicans, not Democrats.

freedom in this context is being liberated from central govt. Republicans support this, Democrats oppose. 1+1=2

Freedom is being liberated from external control. Period.

It can be the federal government or anything else.

more thoroughly and accurately, capitalism pertains to free, peaceful, and voluntary economic relationships and is supported by Republicans, not Democrats.

Nope, that is the definition of a free market. Neither political party fully supports a free market.

Capitalism, if you anaylze the origin of the word, pertains to the usage of capital in a society. Which like the free market, does not exist in America.

freedom in this context is being liberated from central govt. Republicans support this, Democrats oppose. 1+1=2

Freedom is being liberated from external control. Period.

It can be the federal government or anything else.
dear, in this context it is about freedom from govt. 1+1=2. We don't care if you gained freedom from prison or your parents, or spouse through divorce. Do you understand?

EdwardBaiamonte said:
dear, in this context it is about freedom from govt. 1+1=2. We don't care if you gained freedom from prison or your parents, or spouse through divorce. Do you understand?

Um, sure. Whatever.

While you may not care about freedom from all external control, I do.

What was Friedman thing when he wrote "freedom and capitalism". He should have learned from you first?

This post is incomprehensible.

I agree with Milton Friedman in some regards, but I believe he is often incorrect.

Forum List

Back