What is our future?

A house divided against itself will not stand. We are very divided. My poor kids. I truly fear for their future. I have never seen our country as divided as it is now and even Canada is not highly polarized. Do people see a compromise or are we on the brink of something awful?

President Biden promised unity. But he has failed.

Seems like many Americans still believe the people possess and hold some kind of actionable power over their government. Such is not the case and has not been the case for many decades. The American government, our government, does as it is wont to do, and the people be damned. Americans also fail to realize that there's no discernable difference between democrat and republican, between political left and right. Both sides of the political aisle are equally corrupt and equally vicious. We are caught in a never-ending cycle between the election of corrupt tyrannical politicians on one side and corrupt politicians on the other. The differences our media lives to highlight and exploit between the two major political parties exist only to obfuscate the truth: both parties are one and the same; equally tyrannical, equally evil. To answer your question, our future lies in recursive bondage—raised as human cattle to be harvested by our political overlords.

Piss off. When is the last time repugs compromised on anything? With them, it's always my way or the highway. We can't have anything nice as a country because repugs just vote in lockstep against anything that might benefit ordinary people. All they care about is tax cuts for rich people and screwing over minorities.
Oh shut up. One party rule is idiotic like you.

Seems like many Americans still believe the people possess and hold some kind of actionable power over their government. Such is not the case and has not been the case for many decades. The American government, our government, does as it is wont to do, and the people be damned. Americans also fail to realize that there's no discernable difference between democrat and republican, between political left and right. Both sides of the political aisle are equally corrupt and equally vicious. We are caught in a never-ending cycle between the election of corrupt tyrannical politicians on one side and corrupt politicians on the other. The differences our media lives to highlight and exploit between the two major political parties exist only to obfuscate the truth: both parties are on in the same; equally tyrannical, equally evil. To answer your question, our future lies in recursive bondage—raised as human cattle to be harvested by our political overlords.

Well fuk.
At least one person at this place actually understands the situation.

The rest are imbeciles and keyboard warriors

Freedom was never free. We The People failed to pay the debt to remain or be free and any fantasy freedoms remaining are being foreclosed.

By the way.....
Here where I am, every day I am seeing more and more foreigners and homeless on the street corners.
Today for the first time there was at least one (if not more) group that looked like immigrant families on ALL FOUR street corners of a very busy intersection begging for handouts.
I see them now in front of Home Depot, walmart etc. The borders are wide open. Only the Ultra wealthy will be able to isolate themselves from the coming madness.

Soon these millions of immigrants are going to stop begging and start taking. Especially right after the great confiscation of guns and cancellation of the 2nd amendment that's just ahead. Use a gun against an illegal and you can kiss your ass goodbye permanently.

If you keyboard warriors actually thought you were going to somehow keep your guns or fight for them at your doorstep when they arrive.....you're a certified moron.

By the way.....
Here where I am, every day I am seeing more and more foreigners and homeless on the street corners.
Today for the first time there was at least one (if not more) group that looked like immigrant families on ALL FOUR street corners of a very busy intersection begging for handouts.
I see them now in front of Home Depot, walmart etc. The borders are wide open. Only the Ultra wealthy will be able to isolate themselves from the coming madness.

Soon these millions of immigrants are going to stop begging and start taking. Especially right after the great confiscation of guns and cancellation of the 2nd amendment that's just ahead.
Where do you live?

Many of my fellow Americans treat politics in the same way as their favorite sports teams. One year their favorite team wins, next year their most hated team dominates. They don't get too upset about it though because you know what? Next year their bestest team ever could come back. When Trump lost in 2020 most of the republicans on this board and elsewhere vowed to fight to the death in support of "true" liberty or whatever. They said they'd never ever accept Biden as POTUS. You know what happened, right? A month or less after Trump walked away most republicans were all like, "Well, we'll get 'em next time. It wasn't the hill to die on . . . derp, derp." And so, it goes. The Spirit of '76 is dead, bloated and buried.

Biden hasn’t failed. You can’t bring unity to a country divided (in part at least) by lies and a constant onslaught of disinformation. How can Biden unite when a segment of the population believe he is illegitimate and supported overturning an election? Never seen anything like this before.

I feel quite grim, never so dark as I feel now.

I posted this before, but it conveys how I feel.

That's I I felt when the Democrats divided the country over Trump.

By the way.....

Soon these millions of immigrants are going to stop begging and start taking. Especially right after the great confiscation of guns and cancellation of the 2nd amendment that's just ahead. Use a gun against an illegal and you can kiss your ass goodbye permanently.

If you keyboard warriors actually thought you were going to somehow keep your guns or fight for them at your doorstep when they arrive.....you're a certified moron.

Almost every day I read another news story about some poor bastard who ordered a Chinese solvent trap online and then folded up like a little bitch when the FTA showed up at his doorstep, confiscated all of his ARs and charged him with illegal possession of a silencer. So much for Molon fucking Labe. Our Second Amendment is increasingly rationed to us a bit at a time by God the government. Don't get me started on guys who buy lots of guns through government computer systems and then somehow believe they will surprise The Man when he comes around.

A house divided against itself will not stand. We are very divided. My poor kids. I truly fear for their future. I have never seen our country as divided as it is now and even Canada is not highly polarized. Do people see a compromise or are we on the brink of something awful?

Anybody who believed in any of Sleepy Joe’s Biden’s campaign promises was a fool. His handlers told him to say he would restore unity and he read the statement off a teleprompter and immediately forgot what he had said.

I feel there is an excellent chance this nation will break apart in ten or twenty years. That will open the road for a global government to take over. Many of the intellectual elites in our nation and worldwide want that to happen.

Of course I don’t ever want to see that future because a global government will be a disaster. The bigger government gets the more incompetent and corrupt it becomes. Plus by that time it will not be a government formed of representatives from many nations but one run by the Chinese.

It was the Democrat left who divided themselves against Trump and the rest of the country for four years. Never before have we seen the antics they tried to get away with: The protests, the violence, rioting, looting, arson, murder, and the attempted assassination of Scalise in 2017. It's understandable why people refuse to unify themselves behind this President, not only because of what he stands for, but because what he and his administration are doing to the country.

I have no desire to unite with Leftists, nor do I wish this for my children. They either actively undermine or cheer to undermine what makes society worth preserving: family, faith, work, community. Since they can't be honest about their intentions, they are rife with hypocrisy and lies.

Note I say leftists and not Democrats or liberals. Sadly, we have too many Leftists in America. Again there is no "uniting" with them. Their worldview is wholly unAmerican.

What is our future?​

The Divided States Of America is here to stay….UNTIL Conservatives decide to bend over and take it up the ass like they always do.
Californication is pushing east….evidenced by NV and AZ…it’s just a matter of time before Mexico’s people take enough states to decide all of our elections.

Our future is civil war.

There is no avoiding it,
Not at least for the next few years, at least, but it is grim the division in the country and elected politician playing for themselves and party instead of doing their jobs, working together to make government work for Americans instead of parties or sects.

Biden hasn’t failed. You can’t bring unity to a country divided (in part at least) by lies and a constant onslaught of disinformation. How can Biden unite when a segment of the population believe he is illegitimate and supported overturning an election? Never seen anything like this before.

I feel quite grim, never so dark as I feel now.

I posted this before, but it conveys how I feel.

Says CNN.

He certainly hasn't helped. He's the most useless president in my lifetime.
In many ways Joe is no help and indeed part of the problem, but not the problem. Still, no matter his problem or the country's problem, he is making Jimmy Carter look better all the time. I like Jimmy and respect him as a man, but he was largely ineffective also and also dealing with high inflation, but for a different reason. Times were different back then. The politicians in the houses of congress actually worked together at times even if it was not in Jimmy's favor. Now both houses of congress are completely dysfunctional due to accepted tribalism, actually encouraged by both tribes. I still would not vote for trump, but if the Republicans fielded a candidate that will without a doubt honor his oath the the constitution, so we can vote him out if he sucks, he can probably count me in.

The Southern Border is 100% the fault of Biden. What happened to the buried investigation of patrol agents whipping migrants? It was a lie and buried. Biden has a horrible approval rating and it has yet to hit rock bottom
The border was just the first FK up. I don't buy the senility thing, but it is like he is taking bad orders from someone, and I'm not even one of the "world shadow government" conspiracy nuts.

Seems like many Americans still believe the people possess and hold some kind of actionable power over their government. Such is not the case and has not been the case for many decades. The American government, our government, does as it is wont to do, and the people be damned. Americans also fail to realize that there's no discernable difference between democrat and republican, between political left and right. Both sides of the political aisle are equally corrupt and equally vicious. We are caught in a never-ending cycle between the election of corrupt tyrannical politicians on one side and corrupt politicians on the other. The differences our media lives to highlight and exploit between the two major political parties exist only to obfuscate the truth: both parties are one and the same; equally tyrannical, equally evil. To answer your question, our future lies in recursive bondage—raised as human cattle to be harvested by our political overlords.
Damn, Son. I may have to start following you. I don't know about being "the case for many decades", but these last two decades it sure looks like the case to me.

Many of my fellow Americans treat politics in the same way as their favorite sports teams. One year their favorite team wins, next year their most hated team dominates. They don't get too upset about it though because you know what? Next year their bestest team ever could come back. When Trump lost in 2020 most of the republicans on this board and elsewhere vowed to fight to the death in support of "true" liberty or whatever. They said they'd never ever accept Biden as POTUS. You know what happened, right? A month or less after Trump walked away most republicans were all like, "Well, we'll get 'em next time. It wasn't the hill to die on . . . derp, derp." And so, it goes. The Spirit of '76 is dead, bloated and buried.

The third way is just as bad. Get out of the sport altogether because wah wah, all is lost anyway.

Damn, Son. I may have to start following you. I don't know about being "the case for many decades", but these last two decades it sure looks like the case to me.

night_son is a good poster and is often right, but wrong about some things. He's wrong about this. It is true that there is a lot, too much in fact, rot and corruption in politics, especially in DC, in both parties. He is dead wrong about the rot and corruption being the same, however. One party, and only one, staunchly advocates for killing babies in the womb and calls this "a woman's right to choose". For just one example.

Forum List

Back