What is meant "Hotel California"?

this almost never happens. Almost all popular hits have political overtones, even in light electronic music this is true. Mass art is a means of controlling the masses.
It matters not only what they sing, but also how they look, dress, move, what harmonies they use.

Often bands come out with one single hit, and this is exactly the case with the Eagls by the way.

I am a musician and I attest that this surely does happen. As I said, some portions of the song may not have a deep meaning, but support the sentiment of other more pointed parts of the song. You will see MANY interviews of famous musicians coming clean about their music and lyrics and many of them laugh when people labor over hidden deep meanings in some of their songs, when all it was was something that sounded cool at the time. Of course, that can still take advantage of trends and marketing, but it doesn't mean every line in a song was some kind of deep punchline or proverb.

In order to make hits, you have to make sure lyrics fit. Oftentimes this is just done to creatively match rhyme and rhythm as I said.

In general, most left-wing bands have only one hit, and this hit is just the only thing of a decent quality, everything they do besides this is just crap, which only their fans listen to by inertia. It is also a strategy to promote these mediocrities.
Surely these things are ordered separately from professionals.

A simple example: No Dout. Don't Speak is the only thing that is well known, and everything else is done in the style of the Jamaican rastamans and the English Nazis of the 60s - ska.

I am a musician and I attest that this surely does happen. As I said, some portions of the song may not have a deep meaning, but support the sentiment of other more pointed parts of the song. You will see MANY interviews of famous musicians coming clean about their music and lyrics and many of them laugh when people labor over hidden deep meanings in some of their songs, when all it was was something that sounded cool at the time. Of course, that can still take advantage of trends and marketing, but it doesn't mean every line in a song was some kind of deep punchline or proverb.

In order to make hits, you have to make sure lyrics fit. Oftentimes this is just done to creatively match rhyme and rhythm as I said.
Hits appear only when big money of politicians is invested in it.

And there are direct counterexamples - bands that constantly made very high-quality music, for which almost every thing became a world hit. For example scorpions. And it was mostly right-wing music that came out under Reagan or a little later.

And 70s disco, Nixon music.
Left musicians mediocrity. Most of their stuff is just cacophony and dog barking. Hippie bands like the Doors are only for pretentious idiots who can be sold even the noise of a toilet bowl as "music".

In general, most left-wing bands have only one hit, and this hit is just the only thing of a decent quality, everything they do besides this is just crap, which only their fans listen to by inertia.

U2
Fleetwood Mac
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Bruce Hornsby
Bruce Springsteen
Neil Young
Pink Floyd
The Grateful Dead
(Just to name a FEW

...never had more than one hit???

What the (expletive) are you smoking???

U2
Fleetwood Mac
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Bruce Hornsby
Bruce Springsteen
Neil Young
Pink Floyd
The Grateful Dead
(Just to name a FEW

...never had more than one hit???

What the (expletive) are you smoking???
This is well hyped dog shit

It's like an opera: formally good vocalists who know how to hit clean notes, with a completely empty and mechanical performance of some kind of shit that is interesting only to aesthetic idiots and dudes.

Well most people wouldn't agree with you
I don't care about it. Most people are trained to consider good what the authorities impose as "classics" or something like that. They cannot perceive music on their own. And the propagandists of the "classics" themselves do not shun the dirty promotion of names.

For example, they promote Chopin and Wagner by forgery on Youtube.

If you ask the layman about hippie shit, he will always recognize the group by one hit. If it's the Beatles, they'll remember Yesterday, If it's the Eagles, then it's definitely Hotel California, If it's Susie, then it's definitely Stumblin' in, if it's Deep Purple, then it's definitely Smoke on the Water, and so on. And besides that, no one will remember anything. What kind of fool would remember some fucking yellow submarine if he didn't play it 1000 times in a row? It's like remembering how john smith farted.

As a rule, I can easily distinguish the music of the 60s from any other, even if I hear it for the first time, in any arrangement. If it sounds like shit, then it's music from the 60s - a very reliable criterion.

And you can also tell by look. If the faces are ugly, they look like shit, the figures are disproportionate like shit, the clothes are tasteless shit - then this is the 60s.

It's some kind of metaphor, what does it mean? What did they mean?

Also, what is he singing about here:

So I called up the Captain
Please bring me my wine
He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here"
"Since 1969"

Does this have anything to do with California's alcohol bans? Has there been a ban since 1969?
You really have no idea? :heehee:

You really have no idea? :heehee:
I think that this is due to the arrival of Nixon, but what exactly is difficult to say. Apparently he was talking about the smelly "spirit of the 60s" in general

Seriously, the guy who had to ask what is the meaning of Hotel California is a self-proclaimed expert on popular music! LMAO!

Seriously, the guy who had to ask what is the meaning of Hotel California is a self-proclaimed expert on popular music! LMAO!
Better to be self-proclaimed than zombified, at least I have my own opinion.

Well, what I know, Hotel California was a state mental hospital in Camarillo, California. It closed down in 1997. I visited it a few times while going to college for required visits in psychology classes. There were all sorts of mental illness sections from the criminally insane to kids and adults with autism. There were always crazy stories about that place. In 2002, the California State University system took control and opened it back up as a state college, California State University Channel Islands. Many of the original buildings are still there used for classrooms. Stories from students and faculty say it is haunted. They have built new buildings as well and housing for faculty and students.
The meaning of the words have never been cleared up by the Eagles. But, as I mentioned, many thought the place was always haunted. There is claim the Eagles or one of the band members while staying there (for an unknown reason) had these hauntings going on. If you look at the cover of the 1976 Hotel California album and the skyline of the Cal State Channel Islands campus, the similarity is undeniable. It's possible that the site did inspire the Eagles, but concerns over retaining the "Hotel California" trademark led their lawyers to recommend to the band members that they deny the mental hospital as the inspiration for the song. That's why the members say it wasn't the mental hospital. But, it was.
This.

Forum List

Back