What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Just like the constituion, the bible can be mis-interpreted by those who seek to use it for political gain. On homosexuality, however, all three Monotheistic religions are VERY clear on it. Its wrong. There is no clear cut direction to follow ANY of those three you mentioned in the bible. There is ACCEPTANCE of slavery, but it is not mandated in any way.

Ah...those bigots misinterpreted the bible, but anti gay bigots have it right. :lol:

00034637.jpg

00034650.jpg

Again, the bible is very specific on homosexual acts being sinful. Are you denying that homosexual acts are sinful based on the holy texts of the three major monotheistic religions?

I'm saying that bible is being misrepresented to justify bigotry...just like it was then.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.10 ~ Judge Leon Bazile

It seems to me what upsets cons the most here is it bugs them they can't call people *******, fags and bull dykes as easily as they used to.

What upsets you is that people can say it even if it is offensive. but if you decide to say something offensive from within your pc circle to someone outside of it, THAT is ok :rolleyes:

Because it limits what people can say, and has led to an era of punishment, hounding, and ridicule for those who are not so PC.. while any sort of ridicule of the PC crowd is considered non-PC

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy.. we are becoming a society of wimps and pussies thanks to PC bullshit

For generations, weren't gays restricted by political correctness from identifying who they are? They couldn't say things in public, couldn't show affection in public.

If they did, they were fired, denied housing, beaten or killed

PC at its worst

Your love life is not political.. sorry.. even though the homosexuals want it that way

And so.. you are calling a 'tit for tat' approach.. instead of one that is an air of free speech for all, no matter if someone is subjectively 'offended' or not.. got it

Do I think you should be attacked for saying whitey or someone else attacked for saying fag?? Nope.. suck it up and drive on Nancy.. you do not have a right NOT to be offended

It becomes political when you are denied employment, serving your country, marriage, or personal safety because of hatred and bigotry.

Gays spent generations hiding in the shadows because of political correctness

Now, the bigots must hide in the shadows

No.. they do not need to 'say so'... (and it is SUBJECTIVE just like only certain ones can say N*GG*R).. we need to stop this PC bullshit in thinking everyone must be protected from WORDS and TERMS..

I am prevented from all sorts of speech at work, whether it be humorous, whether it be in frustration or anger, or whatever else.. BECAUSE of your subjective PC standards that are being pushed now... I can be hounded for using an offensive term in a writing or book I write, thanks to your PC types.. PC has led to a culture of preventing free speech, simply because it offends within a SUBJECTIVE set of criteria

No.. I would rather have free speech.. rather than having someone keep adding more crap to the PC blob

How is redneck subjective like the n word...because you can say it about yourself and someone else can't say it?

If someone says something you find offensive you aren't supposed to just ignore it...that's certainly not the essence of free speech.

Yep... precisely.. a term that is only offensive when someone else uses it.. absolute rubbish

You are not required to ignore it.. you can say something right back within your own right to free speech.. you do not get to squash shit on only your mamby pamby PC standard

So, an employer should just let ya'll call each other names and we will have harmonious workplaces. :lol: Riiiggghhhttt....

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

There is no SINGLE OFFICIAL POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Each group has its own version of what can or cannot be said.

But for those of you who are complaining that nearly anything can be said to insult WHITE MALES and NOBODY ever gets called on it?

Well yes, sadly that appears to be a VALID COMPLAINT.

Here's how I deal with my self proclaimed enligtened (yet obviously racist AND sexist) liberal chums when they pull that shit.

I call em on it.

I call them what they are...sexist and racists. (and then they are always shocked because by their perverted world view they Cannot POSSIBLE BE SEXIST OR RACIST)

Yeah that's right, its not ONLY the right that has decided its okay to be sexist and racist.

So called liberals and radicals *(usually women but also some idiot men) play that game alt the time.

They truly expect WHTITE MALES to apologise for being so, AND they expect us to sit down and TAKE IT when they insult us based on gender or race.

The hypocricy of the left is extremely OBVIOUS to those of us who ARE white males and leaning left.

so 14 million types of political correctness makes it ok?? No.. I will stick to the concept of free speech and free expression, even if it is offensive to some.. even me

So you favor vengence as a viable political motive?

For years I was oppressed as a nerd in grade school, so naturally I should now be able to give wedgies to those who gave them to me, now that nerd culture is acceptable and we have all grown up.

You really are a moron.

So gays getting jobs and renting homes is some sort of inappropriate 'revenge'?

I hope everyone else here enjoys how idiotic your post was as I did.

What rightwinger was implying is that those who think homosexuality is wrong now have to keep thier traps shut or face consequences, just like gays used to faced when homosexuality wasnt publically acceptable. He thinks this is a good thing.

Try some reading comprehension for once you dime store hack.

So, don't keep your trap shut and face the consequences.

For generations, weren't gays restricted by political correctness from identifying who they are? They couldn't say things in public, couldn't show affection in public.

PC at its worst

Your love life is not political.. sorry.. even though the homosexuals want it that way

And so.. you are calling a 'tit for tat' approach.. instead of one that is an air of free speech for all, no matter if someone is subjectively 'offended' or not.. got it

Do I think you should be attacked for saying whitey or someone else attacked for saying fag?? Nope.. suck it up and drive on Nancy.. you do not have a right NOT to be offended

It becomes political when you are denied employment, serving your country, marriage, or personal safety because of hatred and bigotry.

Nope.. it is not.. if you as a homosexual gets denied because you applied for a join a catholic organization, you are stupid for even applying in the first place.. if your facial piercings and body art offend me or my customers as a store owner, I will indeed fore or not hire your ass whether it is politically correct or not... if I don't want hippie 'mother earth love goddesses' around my children, and I have a room for rent, I will not be forced to rent it to one out of political correctness...

Now.. do I think it is wrong to not hire someone because they are homosexual or they have visible tattoos or that are big Obamabots?? PERSONALLY NO.. but I will not deny someone else the right to decide for themselves... we can and should discriminate against the choices and behaviors of others if they do not mesh with our own choices, actions, or beliefs... discriminating on things that are not choice (genetics, etc) is indeed wrong, but that does not carry over to subjective ideas of correctness

So you favor vengence as a viable political motive?

For years I was oppressed as a nerd in grade school, so naturally I should now be able to give wedgies to those who gave them to me, now that nerd culture is acceptable and we have all grown up.

You really are a moron.

No.. being able to witch hunt based on terms or names you consider 'offensive' and punish people for it is... kinda like slavery being wrong, you suddenly don't make the correction one where the former slaves can now own the former masters

Really? Where's the list of people who've been unjustly punished?

What rightwinger was implying is that those who think homosexuality is wrong now have to keep thier traps shut or face consequences, just like gays used to faced when homosexuality wasnt publically acceptable. He thinks this is a good thing.

I shouldnt have to face consequences, if people were not such bigoted assholes.

The biggest bigots are now on your side of the spectrum. You must be SOOOO fucking proud about it.

Have you stopped criticizing the president?

What do you want to say that you are prevented from saying because of Political Correctness.

Did you ever stop criticizing President Bush? Of course not, because he is white and your ilk can say all the bad things about whites with impunity.

But any criticism of President Obama's disastrous policies would automatically condemn one as a RACIST.

So PC hasn't stopped you from criticizing the President as I suspected. Thanks for clearing that up.

Actually. Political Correctness HAS stopped me criticizing the President.

I was very careful, each time I mentioned my disapproval of his policies, not to mention the color of his skin.

In astute political awareness I left all references to skin color to color-blind leftists.

And they usually come thru in flying colors.

PC at its worst

The thing is I am not a bigot, no matter how much you want to make political opposition = bigotry.

No.. being able to witch hunt based on terms or names you consider 'offensive' and punish people for it is... kinda like slavery being wrong, you suddenly don't make the correction one where the former slaves can now own the former masters

Really? Where's the list of people who've been unjustly punished?

Dunno.. make a list for ones that have been fined, reprimanded, or fired for using an offensive term.. or have been raked over the coals by government or the media for using an offensive term

And yes, we still have call for 'fair treatment' of the minorities because of them 'starting off without advantage' or 'whitey having an advantage'.. or the unfair punishment of the whites who have the same qualifications as a minority, yet the minority gets a scholarship purely because of race.. that would be punishment based on your subjective PC standard

How is redneck subjective like the n word...because you can say it about yourself and someone else can't say it?

If someone says something you find offensive you aren't supposed to just ignore it...that's certainly not the essence of free speech.

Yep... precisely.. a term that is only offensive when someone else uses it.. absolute rubbish

You are not required to ignore it.. you can say something right back within your own right to free speech.. you do not get to squash shit on only your mamby pamby PC standard

So, an employer should just let ya'll call each other names and we will have harmonious workplaces. :lol: Riiiggghhhttt....

No, either they eliminate all names, or allow all names. They shouldnt be allowed to be subjective. Rules are rules, not some plaything for progressive assholes.

The biggest bigots are now on your side of the spectrum. You must be SOOOO fucking proud about it.

Wait...you want to call people names but not face the consequences because THEY are bigoted assholes? :confused:

No, either they eliminate all names, or allow all names. They shouldnt be allowed to be subjective. Rules are rules, not some plaything for progressive assholes.

That's not gonna happen if you don't say you're offended by the term. If rednecks aren't offended by the term redneck or if someone doesn't say they're offended, how is it "namecalling"? How do you know if the offended party doesn't say anything?

Wait...you want to call people names but not face the consequences because THEY are bigoted assholes? :confused:

No.. in a world of freedom.. nobody should face consequences for simple speech...

That is the difference between me and the fucking goddamn PC crowd

Nobody should hide in the shadows for speech.. unlike what you and the PC crowd calls for with your 'tit for tat' approach

That's just it, you don't have to. You aren't actually prevented from saying or doing anything because of political correctness, you're prevented by your own personal desire not to be labeled an asshole.

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

I don't have much of a problem with political correctness myself. It's actually just the sort of thing libertarians prefer when dealing with social problems - especially as an alternative to heavy-handed legal remedies. The limits imposed by the PC culture are, for the most part, just the way a free society should work. The redneck from the reality show was free to slam gays, and the studio was free to fire him (though fwiw, I think that whole mess was a cheap publicity stunt).

Anyway, PCism doesn't become a problem until misguided statists want to impose it on us via the law.

Forum List

Back