What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

Last edited:
Because it limits what people can say, and has led to an era of punishment, hounding, and ridicule for those who are not so PC.. while any sort of ridicule of the PC crowd is considered non-PC

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy.. we are becoming a society of wimps and pussies thanks to PC bullshit

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

Why don't you go and ask Phil Robertson?

A simple example, even though I wouldn't do it.

If you didnt want to associate with me and my girlfriend because we are a heterosexual couple, no one would call you on it. You are on the "right" side of the PC line, and I am not. If, because of my religous upbrining (theoretical) I did not want to associate with you and your partner, I would be castigated as being on the "wrong" side of the PC line.

In my case I cannot espouse my political views in public as much as I would want to, because as a resident of NYC I am surrounded by intolerant progressive assholes, who think thier shit does not stink, thier opinions are the only ones that matter, and that anyone who goes against the group think should be derided, cast out, and shunned. Plus they should probably lose thier jobs because, well, "hate."

Conservatives now play the PC card the way they often accuse others of playing the race card.

Last edited:

Can you call anyone names at work?

Yep

But I cannot use sexually offensive terms... anti-PC, if you will.. or I can be fired ON THE SPOT... you can call someone a jerk, you can even call them white... you call someone a fag or use the a term for like 'black' when describing a co-worker, and LOOK OUT FOR THE FALLOUT

If you didnt want to associate with me and my girlfriend because we are a heterosexual couple, no one would call you on it. You are on the "right" side of the PC line, and I am not. If, because of my religous upbrining (theoretical) I did not want to associate with you and your partner, I would be castigated as being on the "wrong" side of the PC line.

In my case I cannot espouse my political views in public as much as I would want to, because as a resident of NYC I am surrounded by intolerant progressive assholes, who think thier shit does not stink, thier opinions are the only ones that matter, and that anyone who goes against the group think should be derided, cast out, and shunned. Plus they should probably lose thier jobs because, well, "hate."

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:

Yep

But I cannot use sexually offensive terms... anti-PC, if you will.. or I can be fired ON THE SPOT... you can call someone a jerk, you can even call them white... you call someone a fag or use the a term for like 'black' when describing a co-worker, and LOOK OUT FOR THE FALLOUT

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Because it limits what people can say, and has led to an era of punishment, hounding, and ridicule for those who are not so PC.. while any sort of ridicule of the PC crowd is considered non-PC

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy.. we are becoming a society of wimps and pussies thanks to PC bullshit

What? What are you being prevented from saying that you want to say and is it PC that's preventing it or just common decency?

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:

No, I used the first as an example, the second is what I have to go through.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

Yep

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

What? What are you being prevented from saying that you want to say and is it PC that's preventing it or just common decency?

You have no right to decency.. as shown if you try and stop gays from parading around mostly nude in a public parade

I cannot provide bids for a portion of business because they are specifically looking for minority owned or woman owned.
My kids tuition is sky high because the government pays tuition for 100,000's of kids who have no business whatsoever attending college which creates a false demand and has launched tuition into the stratosphere.
I got more.

So you miss the days when you could verbally disparage, demean, and harass gays in the workplace?

You see, people? This is why everyone who is not a rightwing nut needs to always keep in mind what kind of a country we'd have to live in if conservatives ever really had the power to put their agenda in place;

conservatism only ever appears to be benign because almost all of the crazy shit they believe seems to be dismissable because we can't imagine it ever being reality.

Yep

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

THIS.

The problem is it applied subjectively. I have to stand there and take it while they make fun of conservatives/libertarians/flyover people at work functions, and they have ZERO chance of being called on it for it. Meanwhile if I were to bring up my support of the 2nd amendment I probably would be getting a call from HR in a heartbeat.

You're kidding right?

You can't even criticize the policies of our current president because you're labeled a racist. Even though your policy disagreements have nothing to do with race.

No, I used the first as an example, the second is what I have to go through.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

The bible was used to justify slavery, segregation and anti miscegenation laws, but they weren't bigots either...just religious right?

Forum List

Back