What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Because it limits what people can say, and has led to an era of punishment, hounding, and ridicule for those who are not so PC.. while any sort of ridicule of the PC crowd is considered non-PC

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy.. we are becoming a society of wimps and pussies thanks to PC bullshit

What? What are you being prevented from saying that you want to say and is it PC that's preventing it or just common decency?

You have no right to decency.. as shown if you try and stop gays from parading around mostly nude in a public parade

Or if we try to make you put your shirt back on at the beach.

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

THIS.

The problem is it applied subjectively. I have to stand there and take it while they make fun of conservatives/libertarians/flyover people at work functions, and they have ZERO chance of being called on it for it. Meanwhile if I were to bring up my support of the 2nd amendment I probably would be getting a call from HR in a heartbeat.

Their subjective concept of PC.. like their subjective moral outrage.. and their subjective idea of 'fairness' in government thru taxation or whatever else suits them

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

You're kidding right?

You can't even criticize the policies of our current president because you're labeled a racist. Even though your policy disagreements have nothing to do with race.

Have you stopped criticizing the president?

What do you want to say that you are prevented from saying because of Political Correctness.

What? What are you being prevented from saying that you want to say and is it PC that's preventing it or just common decency?

You have no right to decency.. as shown if you try and stop gays from parading around mostly nude in a public parade

Or if we try to make you put your shirt back on at the beach.

Exactly.. you have no right to 'common decency'.. you may be offended by my moobs... I may be offended by you making out with a guy on a parade float while wearing a thong backwards... but only YOU are allowed to do something about it in this PC bullshit world

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:

No, I used the first as an example, the second is what I have to go through.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

The bible was used to justify slavery, segregation and anti miscegenation laws, but they weren't bigots either...just religious right?

Just like the constituion, the bible can be mis-interpreted by those who seek to use it for political gain. On homosexuality, however, all three Monotheistic religions are VERY clear on it. Its wrong. There is no clear cut direction to follow ANY of those three you mentioned in the bible. There is ACCEPTANCE of slavery, but it is not mandated in any way.

Yep

But I cannot use sexually offensive terms... anti-PC, if you will.. or I can be fired ON THE SPOT... you can call someone a jerk, you can even call them white... you call someone a fag or use the a term for like 'black' when describing a co-worker, and LOOK OUT FOR THE FALLOUT

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

Are there people offended by the term "redneck"? If they are, they need to say so.

What do you want to say to someone that you are prevented from saying because of PC?

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

A simple example, even though I wouldn't do it.

If you didnt want to associate with me and my girlfriend because we are a heterosexual couple, no one would call you on it. You are on the "right" side of the PC line, and I am not. If, because of my religous upbrining (theoretical) I did not want to associate with you and your partner, I would be castigated as being on the "wrong" side of the PC line.

In my case I cannot espouse my political views in public as much as I would want to, because as a resident of NYC I am surrounded by intolerant progressive assholes, who think thier shit does not stink, thier opinions are the only ones that matter, and that anyone who goes against the group think should be derided, cast out, and shunned. Plus they should probably lose thier jobs because, well, "hate."

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:
That is what is wrong with PC.

Perhaps we should go back to stigmatizing unwed mothers and women who have abortions as unfit for polite society.

It would be PC to have a marriage prior to pregnancy, and ostracized and shunned if you have an abortion.

Are you beginning to understand yet?

You're kidding right?

You can't even criticize the policies of our current president because you're labeled a racist. Even though your policy disagreements have nothing to do with race.

I've been labeled a racist for criticizing Herman Cain and Condoleeza Rice, and others. I've been labeled a sexist for criticizing Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann and others.

Conservatives now use political correctness labeling tactics more often than do liberals.

"They" don't like being told culturally what they do is not worthy of American values.

That's natural. Everyone wants to think they are OK and the weirdoes are the other folks.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

The bible was used to justify slavery, segregation and anti miscegenation laws, but they weren't bigots either...just religious right?

Just like the constituion, the bible can be mis-interpreted by those who seek to use it for political gain. On homosexuality, however, all three Monotheistic religions are VERY clear on it. Its wrong. There is no clear cut direction to follow ANY of those three you mentioned in the bible. There is ACCEPTANCE of slavery, but it is not mandated in any way.

Ah...those bigots misinterpreted the bible, but anti gay bigots have it right. :lol:

00034637.jpg

00034650.jpg

You're kidding right?

What do you want to say that you are prevented from saying because of Political Correctness.

I just don't care if some idiot calls me a racist, but those PC tactics stop or slow down many people that care what others think or fear how they will be labeled. You're a fool if you think this isn't happening.

Fuck PC

Are there people offended by the term "redneck"? If they are, they need to say so.

What do you want to say to someone that you are prevented from saying because of PC?

No.. they do not need to 'say so'... (and it is SUBJECTIVE just like only certain ones can say N*GG*R).. we need to stop this PC bullshit in thinking everyone must be protected from WORDS and TERMS..

I am prevented from all sorts of speech at work, whether it be humorous, whether it be in frustration or anger, or whatever else.. BECAUSE of your subjective PC standards that are being pushed now... I can be hounded for using an offensive term in a writing or book I write, thanks to your PC types.. PC has led to a culture of preventing free speech, simply because it offends within a SUBJECTIVE set of criteria

No.. I would rather have free speech.. rather than having someone keep adding more crap to the PC blob

You're kidding right?

Did you ever stop criticizing President Bush? Of course not, because he is white and your ilk can say all the bad things about whites with impunity.

But any criticism of President Obama's disastrous policies would automatically condemn one as a RACIST.

You're kidding right?

I've been labeled a racist for criticizing Herman Cain and Condoleeza Rice, and others. I've been labeled a sexist for criticizing Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann and others.

Conservatives now use political correctness labeling tactics more often than do liberals.

You're too stupid to understand the reason you were being labeled that way, do I really have to explain it?

When you're living your life according to a book that was written hundreds or thousands of years ago,

and that book's instructions reflect the mores of the times in which it was written,

to justify adhering to that book assumes that the book got nothing wrong.

That adherence assumes that all social progress ended at the moment that book was finished.

You're kidding right?

You're too stupid to understand the reason you were being labeled that way, do I really have to explain it?
I'd like to hear that explanation.

You're kidding right?

Yes you do. Let's hear it.

Because it limits what people can say, and has led to an era of punishment, hounding, and ridicule for those who are not so PC.. while any sort of ridicule of the PC crowd is considered non-PC

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy.. we are becoming a society of wimps and pussies thanks to PC bullshit

For generations, weren't gays restricted by political correctness from identifying who they are? They couldn't say things in public, couldn't show affection in public.

If they did, they were fired, denied housing, beaten or killed

PC at its worst

Forum List

Back