What is an Arab?

There is no such thing as "race". An old idea which has caused nothing but harm to the world.

The Jewish people are a culture who are tied together by many things -- religion being but one.

what else ties the jewish people together??

Well, the father of the Israelites which includes the tribes of Judah and Benjamin was Jacob. He won the name "Israel" in a tussling match. Now the 12 sons of Jacob have different Moms but they all have the same Dad, Jacob.
There is no such thing as "race". An old idea which has caused nothing but harm to the world.

The Jewish people are a culture who are tied together by many things -- religion being but one.

Well, the father of the Israelites which includes the tribes of Judah and Benjamin was Jacob. He won the name "Israel" in a tussling match. Now the 12 sons of Jacob have different Moms but they all have the same Dad, Jacob.

Yes but they also said the children were only jews if their mother was. Also Ishamael was before Jacob and didn't he have 12 sons?

correct me if I'm wrong, but in Exodus or Deut,: Moses says the inheritance goes to the first son and it doesn't matter if the father liked the mother best or not? (that would be Ishamael) but alas , Abraham nor Moses was a jew. Come to think of it Jacob wasn't either.

The Torah, whether they like it or practice it or not.

Bingo, that is the one thing they have, and if they are not practicing Judaism, they are not jews.

NOT Bingo! The Torah says the EXACT OPPOSITE!
God promises near the end of Deuteronomy, during Moshe's speech known as the Admonition, that any Jew who does NOT observe the Torah will be hounded throughout eternity until they come back.
WHY?
Because God does not want Abraham to complain that God did not keep his promise to preserve his children.
Once again, your supposed OT expertise is exposed as pure BS.

Well now tell me what were they doing in Ukraine , Russia and everywhere but Palestine for the last 3000 years?? When they had a chance to return, they chose not too, loving the city life of Babylon, Alexandria. Lets not play games. Can you list your genealogy back through around say 50 generations??

The genealogy can be traced back to Adam and Chava.
Try reading your Prophets, Writings, Mishnah, Talmud and Rabbinical Responsa throughout the last 2,000 and you will find not ONE generation missing.
Too bad for you Jews are maniacs when it comes to writing.
Go ahead, tell me you don't believe Jew based evidence.

Are you a jew if so give us you genealogy. Yours and your parents, grandparents and their grandparents? and on and on.

Yes but they also said the children were only jews if their mother was. Also Ishamael was before Jacob and didn't he have 12 sons?
Then they proceed with the genealogy of the descendants of males. Isn't that fucked up?

correct me if I'm wrong, but in Exodus or Deut,: Moses says the inheritance goes to the first son and it doesn't matter if the father liked the mother best or not? (that would be Ishamael) but alas , Abraham nor Moses was a jew. Come to think of it Jacob wasn't either.

What's your point?
The religion follows the mother because everyone in the birthing room knows where the baby came out.
What do the INCREDIBLY complicated laws of Inheritance have to do with anything.
Moshe WAS a Jew because HE delivered God's Torah to the nation and spent 40 years teaching it.
Avraham was a Jew because he practiced all of the Torah even before it was given to his progeny.
I'm not going to look it up right now but God says such right before telling Avraham He's about to destroy Sodom.

Lord woman, I thought you knew the OT.

John Hagee's Christian Church, are they Messianic Jews. Are there any Arabs at his church?

In the parking lot polishing their cabs.

Bingo, that is the one thing they have, and if they are not practicing Judaism, they are not jews.

NOT Bingo! The Torah says the EXACT OPPOSITE!
God promises near the end of Deuteronomy, during Moshe's speech known as the Admonition, that any Jew who does NOT observe the Torah will be hounded throughout eternity until they come back.
WHY?
Because God does not want Abraham to complain that God did not keep his promise to preserve his children.
Once again, your supposed OT expertise is exposed as pure BS.

Well now tell me what were they doing in Ukraine , Russia and everywhere but Palestine for the last 3000 years?? When they had a chance to return, they chose not too, loving the city life of Babylon, Alexandria. Lets not play games. Can you list your genealogy back through around say 50 generations??

The genealogy can be traced back to Adam and Chava.
Try reading your Prophets, Writings, Mishnah, Talmud and Rabbinical Responsa throughout the last 2,000 and you will find not ONE generation missing.
Too bad for you Jews are maniacs when it comes to writing.
Go ahead, tell me you don't believe Jew based evidence.

Are you a jew if so give us you genealogy. Yours and your parents, grandparents and their grandparents? and on and on.

Sure, why don't I tell you my name?
I bet you couldn't name your family going back 10 generations.
There is a clear genealogy going from Adam through all of the great Rabbis to today; something you can't deny, so you dive for any crumb you can get.
Now think, moron, why would I WANT to be a member of the most hated and prosecuted religion on earth if I didn't have to be?
Damn, you're stupid!

Ishmael is not a Jew. Ishmael is the father of the Arab nations. Judah's Mother was Leah. Benjamin's Mother was Rachael. Rachael and Leah were sisters with Leah being the oldest and Jacob's first wife.

Ishmael is not a Jew. Ishmael is the father of the Arab nations. Judah's Mother was Leah. Benjamin's Mother was Rachael. Rachael and Leah were sisters with Leah being the oldest and Jacob's first wife.

Sh...Penelope has already stated 100 times she's an OT expert. THAT'S why she knows NOTHING.

I'm so booooooooooooooooooooored! Penelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need you to post more stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!
Deuteronomy 21:

15 Suppose a man has two wives, one whom he loves more than the other, and they both bear him sons, with the firstborn being the child of the less loved wife.

16 In the day he divides his inheritance he must not appoint as firstborn the son of the favorite wife in place of the other wife's son who is actually the firstborn.

17 Rather, he must acknowledge the son of the less loved wife as firstborn and give him the double portion of all he has, for that son is the beginning of his father's procreative power — to him should go the right of the firstborn.

(I guess it doesn't matter since none of them were Jews right? Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, or Moses)

Their cultural structure. The fact that the Talmud is such a respected component of Jewish culture. The fact that scholars are respected above all others in Jewish cultures. Translated to the secular world that has meant dominance in arts, sciences and business completely out of proportion to their tiny share of the population.

Last edited:
The demographic features of Israel are monitored by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. The State of Israel has a population of approximately 8,462,000 inhabitants as of the end of 2015.[2] 74.9% percent of them are Jewish (about 6,335,000 individuals), 20.7% are Arabs (about 1,757,000 individuals), while the remaining 4.4% (about 370,000 individuals) are defined as "others"

Demographics of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I know this is wiki and that is a cause or alarm and double checking, but how do they compare the Jewish population (which is not a race, but a religion) to the no. of Arabs, which is not a religion,

So my question is What is an Arab??

Arabs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best thing I can find for you...

I do not consider people from Lebanon, Israel, Syria or Palestine as Arab ( I might be wrong ) but those from Saudi Arabia and that region to me are the true Arab population. Iranian people are Persian to me and not Arab.

Jordan, Syrian, Lebanon, Israel, and Palestine would be Trans-Jordan people and not Arabs, but again I could be incorrect...

The Persians (Iranians) and the Lebanese do not consider themselves Arabs. The others do. Self-identification should count for something.

Iranians are Persians, nothing to do with Arabians. Arabians are people from the Arabian peninsula and some wandered to the upper Middle East, Syria, Iraq etc. But Arabs are not all Arabians. Arabs are people that adopted the language and religion of the Arabians. Arabians are the people from the Arabian peninsula. The Arabian peninsula is almost all desert, it could not host a large population. The Muslim "invaders" were almost all local converts from Christianity led by an Arabian officer corps. In fact, Christian Arabs were a large part of the Roman (Byzantine) military, most of the Roman cavalry, that tried to stop the Muslim invasion and lost at the Battle of Yarmouk. In all historical studies, the Arabian army (which was mostly Christian converts) was at most 40,000 strong at the Battle of Yarmouk. The Christian army was twice the size at the Battle of Yarmouk and the Christian population was in the millions. The small population of Arabians did not change the DNA much. In the Magreb, Arabian DNA is inconsequential, the people are still mostly Berber notwithstanding the Phoenician (Carthage), Roman, Vandal (German) and Arab invasions. The same is true in Palestine. The same people are there, regardless of the religion and language they adopted.

Forum List

Back