What does the bible really say about it?

As things stand these days, Chuck, I am MUCH more likely to get the truth from someone who doesn't call themselves 'Christian.'

Reminded me of a nice quote,
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - Andre Gide

Man times people who ask Bible questions are not seeking truth. They are doing as the Pharisees of Jesus' day and looking to destroy. Jesus dealt with that one too, 'cast not your pearls before swine.'

Don't forget about the Sadducees. You know the people I am talking about, the ruling class that believe that the law is all that matters, and that any critique of a member of the ruling class is blasphemy.

Last edited:
This would totally be a non-issue if we hadn't strayed so far from founding intent of our constitution. Our taxes shouldn't be used to fund abortion or contraception. Whether you agree or disagree with them, should be your own business and not the government. This is precisely why it was so egregious to misinterpret the 'general welfare' clause the way we have. Now we have this whole can of worms about what should and shouldn't be allowed when NONE of it is allowed according to the founders. At least not with taxpayer money.

When you provide some substance, there may be something to acknowledge.

I fail to see how my wife and I choosing to have children burdens anyone but us.
are you really this dense or do you work at it?
try pulling your head out of your ass...
the issue is not "YOU"
it's how a small faction of the population thinks they should get a break because of a fairy tale..

This would totally be a non-issue if we hadn't strayed so far from founding intent of our constitution. Our taxes shouldn't be used to fund abortion or contraception. Whether you agree or disagree with them, should be your own business and not the government. This is precisely why it was so egregious to misinterpret the 'general welfare' clause the way we have. Now we have this whole can of worms about what should and shouldn't be allowed when NONE of it is allowed according to the founders. At least not with taxpayer money.
crap... the founders were not able to foresee this situation along with many other modern conundrums..

I fail to see how my wife and I choosing to have children burdens anyone but us.
the issue is not "YOU"
it's how a small faction of the population thinks they should get a break because of a fairy tale..

You're making the claim that a believer being pro life burdens you in some way. Prove it. Im a believer who is pro life. So how does me having children burden you in any way whatsoever?

If you mean something completely different, then learn how to articulate your points and provide something we call "evidence" to support your points. But don't get upset when you say stupid stuff and people call you on it because you aren't able to articulate the point.

the issue is not "YOU"

ROFL

The real problem is you, duhs.

You come unglued at the idea that others could dare have beliefs that differ from yours. You proselytize and persecute, yet some still resist following your faith.....

There is no fanatic quite like an Atheist. Tom Cruise gets close, but is still more rational than you....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
the issue is not "YOU"

ROFL

You come unglued at the idea that others could dare have beliefs that differ from yours. You proselytize and persecute, yet some still resist following your faith.....

There is no fanatic quite like an Atheist. Tom Cruise gets close, but is still more rational than you....
thanks for that delusional and false perspective...

the issue is not "YOU"

ROFL

Which part was delusional and which part was false?

the issue is not "YOU"

You're making the claim that a believer being pro life burdens you in some way. Prove it. Im a believer who is pro life. So how does me having children burden you in any way whatsoever?

If you mean something completely different, then learn how to articulate your points and provide something we call "evidence" to support your points. But don't get upset when you say stupid stuff and people call you on it because you aren't able to articulate the point.
I see you refuse to pull your head out and look at the bigger picture ,,
you anti choice people seem only to care if the "child" is born or not and to some extent punishing the "parents"
I see no evidence your christian compassion in what happen after the moment of birth..
once again this is not about you for all I know you're the best dad ever..or the worst..

ROFL

both ....delusion and falsehood are intertwined ..

the issue is not "YOU"

you anti choice people seem only to care if the "child" is born or not and to some extent punishing the "parents"
I see no evidence your christian compassion in what happen after the moment of birth..
once again this is not about you for all I know you're the best dad ever..or the worst..

How are parents punished with a child? A child is one of the greatest gifts in the world. It requires us to step up and accept more responsibility, but responsibility is a blessing not a punishment.

If you want to ignore all the personal charity Christians do for the widows and the fatherless, no one is going to force you to. But you still haven't explained how anyone else is burdened by believers supporting child birth. But then this isnt the first time you've played dumb to avoid clarifying a statement you've made.

How are parents punished with a child? A child is one of the greatest gifts in the world. It requires us to step up and accept more responsibility, but responsibility is a blessing not a punishment.

If you want to ignore all the personal charity Christians do for the widows and the fatherless, no one is going to force you to. But you still haven't explained how anyone else is burdened by believers supporting child birth. But then this isnt the first time you've played dumb to avoid clarifying a statement you've made.
my statements need no clarification...if I didn't know better I'd say you were playing dumb, but you're not playing..

Should I conclude from the fact that you didn't articulate was delusional and false that you can't? Or do you want to actually back up what you're saying?
since youR conclusions are always wrong ...
is the word both foreign to you?
or ALL.
like yourself, unhinged 2008 makes false STATEMENTS BASED ON ASSUMPTION..

crap... the founders were not able to foresee this situation along with many other modern conundrums..

Uhm... The founders certainly were able to see there would be things the people wanted to change. In fact, before the Constitution could even be ratified, they adopted 10 Amendments to make changes which the people felt were needed.

They simply did not establish a central federal government where your tax dollars could be spent on things you totally disagree with against your will. That was precisely what they were escaping from in England, so what makes you think it's what they intended to do here?

Madison was very clear in the Federalist Papers on what the "general welfare" clause meant, and it never meant what the liberals and SCOTUS have determined. In fact, he calls your interpretation ludicrous and argues if that were the case, there would be no need for a Constitution. If Congress can just willy-nilly determine what is "general welfare" then there is no constraint on the power of government.

Should I conclude from the fact that you didn't articulate was delusional and false that you can't? Or do you want to actually back up what you're saying?
or ALL.

Is it really too much to ask you to back up your claims? You're not really persuading anyone simply by making claims.

If you think something is false and delusional, explain which part and why. It's not really that difficult and common curtesy in a friendly discussion.

the issue is not "YOU"

ROFL

the ultimate truth :D

or ALL.

Is it really too much to ask you to back up your claims? You're not really persuading anyone simply by making claims.

If you think something is false and delusional, explain which part and why. It's not really that difficult and common curtesy in a friendly discussion.
still having trouble with the concept that ALL meaning every single thing you post is BASED ON ASSUMPTION..
also your assumption that this is a friendly conversation is false...courtesy does not apply..

Forum List

Back