What do you miss most...

Going to Goodwill. But every time I went there, everything was already picked over by the wanna-be pickers, and the prices were too high on everything else. More than once I told my wife "I hate that damned place. I wish it would burn to the f*cking ground."

Looks like I got my wish. Kinda sorta.

Nothing. Believe it or not, nothing in my life has changed. I go to work five days a week, I come home. Once every two weeks I go out for groceries and odds and ends like I always have. My favorite lunch spots are still serving, albeit curbside or delivery.

The fact that I find most people to be a nuisance means that I've been practicing "social distancing" for twenty-five years or more...

...from pre-Covid19 life?
Going to my local Buffalo Wild Wings 2-3 times a week, and spending 2-3 hours there eating, drinking and playing Buzztime Trivia with my best friend. Second place would be going to my favorite Chinese buffet or to a pizza/salad/soup buffet. And of course, not being able to have some good times with my friend, in person. We're talking to each other a few times a week, so there's THAT.

Nothing. Believe it or not, nothing in my life has changed. I go to work five days a week, I come home. Once every two weeks I go out for groceries and odds and ends like I always have. My favorite lunch spots are still serving, albeit curbside or delivery.

The fact that I find most people to be a nuisance means that I've been practicing "social distancing" for twenty-five years or more...
You ARE a lucky one!

They shut down Lake Powell. And if I ever get back and see a Chinese tourist down there I'm going to raise my prop up and give them all a bath. Which they obviously need.

It's similar for me. Still working almost as normal (less work than before, but still full time), still spend my free time at home. I rarely ate out before, so it doesn't matter to me that I'm not eating out now. I haven't changed my life much at all. I do miss how I didn't worry about how bad a recession or even depression the country might end up in in the near future...

I miss going to China Town for some real Mongolian BBQ......... But that has nothing to do with the Kung Flu, we don't have a China Town or a real Mongolian BBQ........ :(

I miss going to China Town for some real Mongolian BBQ......... But that has nothing to do with the Kung Flu, we don't have a China Town or a real Mongolian BBQ........ :(

I think Mongolian BBQ is a myth. Lots of places say they have them but............it's owned by a Vietnamese family as is all of our Cajun restaurants. Weird.

I think Mongolian BBQ is a myth. Lots of places say they have them but............it's owned by a Vietnamese family as is all of our Cajun restaurants. Weird.
We had them in Taiwan and at Tony Changs in the DC China Town. The closest thing we have to Mongolian BBQ is the Genghis Grill, not bad but just not quite there.
No it's not a myth but it's also not Mongolian, it was "invented" by Wu Zhaonan a comedian and restaurateur. He was born in Beijing but fled to Taiwan with the Communist takeover of China, opened a food stand in Taipei in 1951 it became one of the most popular places to eat and eventually he moved into a small restaurant which is where I discovered it when my dad (and the family) was stationed in Taipei 1971-72. Originally he was going to call it Beijing Barbecue but with the tensions between Taiwan and China being what they were he settled on Mongolian Barbecue. So you are correct, there's nothing Mongolian about it.

Forum List

Back