Sir Stirling Moss has died

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
One of the greatest racing drivers of all time has died at the age of 90 after a long illness.

He never won the F1 drivers championship but has one of the highest victory per entry totals, if not the best win rate.

He was a true racer, through and through, and a Gentleman, always.

RIP.

Great driver in his day

He was great no matter what he was driving too. That's what sets him apart from the rest.

He was still doing vintage racing (where I met him) up until he was 81 years old!

As a measure of his greatness, the British government named its official currency, the Pound Stirling, after him.

Two great British drivers.

Lewis Hamilton and Stirling Moss

1586719154935.png

At Aintree:

1586719461085.png

Great driver in his day

He was great no matter what he was driving too. That's what sets him apart from the rest.

He was still doing vintage racing (where I met him) up until he was 81 years old!
Damn

I remember watching him on Wide World of Sports
Do you remember the the montage in the beginning of the show? There was a shot of the USGP motocross race at Baymare Raceway in Moorpark, Ca where there was an overhead helicopter shot. A guy with glasses on was waving at the camera. That was my longtime friend, Froggy.

As a measure of his greatness, the British government named its official currency, the Pound Stirling, after him.
Ahhhh no

It's a nice thought though.

He was the driver I most admired at that time, getting inferior cars to beat superior ones. His accident and resultant hiatus was a big disappointment.

Great driver in his day

Damn

I remember watching him on Wide World of Sports
Do you remember the the montage in the beginning of the show? There was a shot of the USGP motocross race at Baymare Raceway in Moorpark, Ca where there was an overhead helicopter shot. A guy with glasses on was waving at the camera. That was my longtime friend, Froggy.
I thought I recognized him

Drivers like Stirling and the others throughout the old days of F1 couldn’t even fit into one of today’s cars as there’s not enough room to fit the size cojones those boys needed to drive the cars of their eras. With a little luck you died instantly as your head smacked the wall or whatever so you wouldn’t feel your body being consumed by flames.

R I P

Forum List

Back