What do you consider your virtues if any?

having empathy... sometimes too much - but i'd rather have too much than none.

Do not think you have gained a virtue unless you have first been tried by its opposite.

St Teresa of Avila
I'm a kind and caring man. I have a wonderful sense of humor, I'm well-read. I'm quite intelligent, and I see and understand many things that people of average intelligence can't or won't see. I look about 10 years younger than my age. I'm finally making a concentrated effort to eat a healthy diet. And I HAVE to mention, I'm extremely humble, as well............................................... ;)

Persistence and courage in the face of evil.

I've always felt closest to the character Job in the Book of Job, but, here I am.

I am reminded of [I think it was...] the Boy Scout Oath. Basically, a Scout - and everyone else as well - should be:
  • Trustworthy,
  • Loyal,
  • Helpful.
  • Friendly,
  • Courteous,
  • Kind,
  • Obedient,
  • Cheerful,
  • Thrifty,
  • Brave,
  • Clean, and
  • Reverent.

I think I have the italicized ones covered. I'm also painfully truthful. I should be more loving but that's not in the cards. Can't change at 71.

Do not think you have gained a virtue unless you have first been tried by its opposite.

St Teresa of Avila
if you have triumphed over an "opposite" surly their is a gain and if in itself that is the definition of a virtue would be the case however knowing the opposite was not a virtue to begin with would be a virtue in itself without having to overcome it.

so no. a non real virtue may exist by thought alone.

St Teresa of Avila
I've grown comfortable enough with myself over the years to have learned to speak up about what is on my mind-----------and what I really think or feel. It's getting me to shut up that is the problem now.

Forum List

Back