What Democrat President said"I'll have those N....s voting Democratic..

"The War on Poverty created a number of important federal and state initiatives that remain in place today—from Head Start to nutrition assistance to Medicare and Medicaid. These initiatives, coupled with the civil rights advances of the era and the overall strong economy in the 1960s, led to a reduction in the number of people living in poverty from around 19 percent to a historic low of 11.1 percent by the early 1970s."

50 Years After LBJ?s War on Poverty | Center for American Progress

The right wing arguments against the War on Poverty always boil down to: See, these programs that we have underfunded or cut back or otherwise hobbled don't work now that we have broken them. So give more money to rich people!

:D

Is that a fact?

So, since the bill was signed in the early 60s we have spent TRILLIONS for Headstart - Wow, now THERE is a return on an investment! TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

ANECDOTAL? lol

Trillions? SOURCE?

Actually, I'm bored with people like you. No matter what I post you will argue with it. So, to hell with you. Look for yourself, prove it to yourself, then you can argue with yourself about the conclusions. That's what folks like you seem to be all about, anyway.

I will, however, leave you with this:

*60 percent of black children grow up in fatherless homes.

*800,000 black men are in jail or prison.

*70 percent of black babies are born to unwed mothers.

*Over 300,000 black babies are aborted annually.

*50 percent of new AIDS cases are in the black community.

*Almost half of young black men in America's cities are
neither working nor in school. What we have here is a ticking time bomb
waiting to explode!

Now sonny - prove to ME, how the "Great Society" has accomplished a damned thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that a fact?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ixOsjut3E

So, since the bill was signed in the early 60s we have spent TRILLIONS for Headstart - Wow, now THERE is a return on an investment! TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

ANECDOTAL? lol

Trillions? SOURCE?

Actually, I'm bored with people like you. No matter what I post you will argue with it. So, to hell with you. Look for yourself, prove it to yourself, then you can argue with yourself about the conclusions. That's what folks like you seem to be all about, anyway.

waiting to explode!

Now sonny - prove to ME, how the "Great Society" has accomplished a damned thing.
So let's hear what you would do now to change this trend, how many years or decades do you estimate it will take for an improvement to take place, and what kind of suffering do you see happening with your changes, until your solutions take hold, and do you think you could get a majority in both houses to pass your solid solution?

Last edited:

Is that a fact?

ANECDOTAL? lol

Trillions? SOURCE?

waiting to explode!

All at a cost of $16 trillion since 1965!
Why after nearly 50 years or $306 billion a year and NOW we have a higher % of blacks born out of wedlock and higher % of blacks having abortions?
Since we started the War on Poverty in 1965, the federal government alone has spent more than $13 trillion fighting poverty.
Including state and local government brings total anti-poverty spending over $15 trillion.

Little Bang for the Anti-Poverty Program Buck - NYTimes.com

And since that article written in 2010 nearly 3-1/2 years at $306 billion a year,... another $1 trillion!
$16 trillion since 1965!

ANECDOTAL? lol

Trillions? SOURCE?

waiting to explode!

Why after nearly 50 years or $306 billion a year and NOW we have a higher % of blacks born out of wedlock and higher % of blacks having abortions?
Since we started the War on Poverty in 1965, the federal government alone has spent more than $13 trillion fighting poverty.
Including state and local government brings total anti-poverty spending over $15 trillion.

And since that article written in 2010 nearly 3-1/2 years at $306 billion a year,... another $1 trillion!
$16 trillion since 1965!
"16 trillion fighting poverty since 1965". There is nothing even remotely accurate about those numbers. The nation is currently $17 trillion in debt, total.

So are you saying that the US went almost entirely into debt fighting a war on poverty?

Are you sure it wasn't because of actual wars? $2b per week in Afghanistan since 2001, $4t on Iraq just since 2003.

waiting to explode!

$16 trillion since 1965!
"16 trillion fighting poverty since 1965". There is nothing even remotely accurate about those numbers. The nation is currently $17 trillion in debt, total.

So are you saying that the US went almost entirely into debt fighting a war on poverty?

Are you sure it wasn't because of actual wars? $2b per week in Afghanistan since 2001, $4t on Iraq just since 2003.

You argue it with the NYT! I am not saying it... NYT's is!
most liberal newspaper in the country saying it!!!

The federal government currently operates 122 different anti-poverty programs, ranging from Medicaid to the tiny Even Start Program for Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations.
All together, the federal government spent more than $591 billion in 2009 on means-tested or anti-poverty programs, and will undoubtedly spend even more this year.
That amounts to $14,849 for every poor man, woman and child in America.
Given that the poverty line is just $10,830, we could have mailed every poor person in America a check big enough to lift them out of poverty – and still saved money.

Since we started the War on Poverty in 1965, the federal government alone has spent more than $13 trillion fighting poverty. Including state and local government brings total anti-poverty spending over $15 trillion. Clearly we have received very little bang for the buck. Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient.

And And since that article written in 2010 nearly 3-1/2 years or another $1 trillion!
$16 trillion since 1965!
$16 trillion ! Think about it.

Obabble says,"I'll have those Guatemalan babies voting Democratic...gimme the 4 billion, yo".

Are you really that fucking stupid or just a lying sack of shit?

LINK: Real story here, if you can read, asshole.

FROM CBS NEWS: On Wednesday, the Department of Justice will announce that they will begin prioritizing unaccompanied minors as well as families with minors for deportation proceedings, CBS News Justice Producer Paula Reid reports.
Currently, the priority is to process detained adults, but the priority will now expand to include these other two categories in an effort to expedite the removal of the tens of thousands of children entering the U.S. illegally.
In order to process all of these individuals, the Department of Justice's Executive Office for Immigration Review will have judges conduct hearings via video teleconference. The money the White House has requested allocates funding for additional judges who could also hold hearings via video conferencing and move the process along more quickly.

Both!!!

Strom Thurmond also said that he would make the Dixiecrats the new Republican Party in the South.

Is that a fact?

ANECDOTAL? lol

Trillions? SOURCE?

waiting to explode!

s''matter, honey? you mad that people don't buy your made up BS?

get over it.

ANECDOTAL? lol

Trillions? SOURCE?

waiting to explode!

s''matter, honey? you mad that people don't buy your made up BS?

get over it.

everything he said is true, the bullshit is yours

Redfish simply does not like and cannot like any black who votes dem, so he smears the whole race.

I don't know Redfish, but his attitude surely seems like that of the many TeaPs and the few KKK I knew in East Texas and western LA from the summer of 2009 to early 2013.

Redfish simply does not like and cannot like any black who votes dem, so he smears the whole race.

I don't know Redfish, but his attitude surely seems like that of the many TeaPs and the few KKK I knew in East Texas and western LA from the summer of 2009 to early 2013.

Nothing in your post is true. What I said is historically accurate. Was Robert KKK Byrd a democrat? How about Hughey Long? Lester Maddox? Al Gore Sr? All dems and all racists.

As to my opinion of blacks, I would vote for Alan West, Ben Carson, Tim Scott, Mia Love, Thomas Sowell, and many others. I do not base my votes on skin color, sex, or ethnicity.

The tea party, that you try to denigrate, favors individual freedom, lower taxes, equality of opportunity, sane fiscal policy, sane foreign policy, smaller government, less intrusive government. Which or those do you consider radical?

Nothing in your post is true. What I said is historically accurate. Was Robert KKK Byrd a democrat? How about Hughey Long? Lester Maddox? Al Gore Sr? All dems and all racists.

As to my opinion of blacks, I would vote for Alan West, Ben Carson, Tim Scott, Mia Love, Thomas Sowell, and many others. I do not base my votes on skin color, sex, or ethnicity.

The tea party, that you try to denigrate, favors individual freedom, lower taxes, equality of opportunity, sane fiscal policy, sane foreign policy, smaller government, less intrusive government. Which or those do you consider radical?

the TP denigrates itself every day in every way

you have never voted for any blacks, so stop saying that lie

Byrd repented and changed his way while Thurmond took his evil way and infected the southern GoP

Byrd repented and changed his way while Thurmond took his evil way and infected the southern GoP
Once a liar always a liar, as with most dimwits. You have proved yourself one over and over, go away.

Once a liar always a liar, as with most dimwits. You have proved yourself one over and over, go away.

Excellent self awareness of your lying, your racism, and your avoidance of the truth.

America knows your type and knows what to do with them.

Byrd in fact quit and renounced the Klan before he ever ran for any office. And they had to hack back to 1911 to put Truman in that bag, if that's even authentic. Shows the kind of desperation they're hacking under.

[MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION] - where do you get the idea Huey Long was a racist?

You left out Zell Miller, most conservatives' favorite Democrat. He worked for Lester Maddox in the 60's.

Is that a fact?

So Randall, do you agree with those people on the video? At approximately 1;02 in the video a guy stated that "Obama has passed legislation that helped those illegal aliens", what "legislation" was that? Since I'm sure a guy like you may believe in "states rights", don't you think it would be incumbent on the State of Illinois, Cook County, and the City of Chicago to deal with those local problems? Do you think that the Federal government should intervene in Chicago and spend money there?

How the hell would I know? Do YOU know what's in the hearts of those people? Can't you understand what complete and utter frustration is - with THEIR man from THEIR state who has all but ignored their suffering? More people are being killed each week in Chicago than in Afghanistan. Do you UNDERSTAND THAT?

How the hell do you expect these folks to feel?

You liberals amaze me.
The POINT is that Chicago has been under the thumb of democrats for as long as anyone can remember. THIS is what they have to show for it. Absolute and abject FAILURE. Just like Detroit.

Yes sir! Your party is wonderful!!! :cuckoo:

Randall, I don't know what is in the hearts of those people, but that's not the question I asked you. No I can't understand their frustration that is directed toward "their man". They should be frustrated with the criminals who perpetrate those crimes. I know that you believe in the INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, it's not the "State's" fault that these people are murdering each other, it's certainly not Obama's fault either.

As far as Obama "ignoring" them; I don't think that's an accurate comment nor assertion.

"It was an emotional return to a city whose recent shooting victims have included Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old drum majorette gunned down a mile from Obama's Chicago home just days after she performed at the president's inauguration in Washington. Standing before Hyde Park Academy students in their navy uniform shirts, the president said 65 children were killed by gun violence last year in Chicago. "That's the equivalent of a Newtown every four months," Obama said. Twenty children were among the dead in the Newtown massacre.

"This is not just a gun issue," Obama said. "It's also an issue of the kinds of communities that we're building, and for that we all share responsibility as citizens to fix it. We all share a responsibility to move this country closer to our founding vision, that no matter who you were or where you come from, here in America, you can decide your own destiny."
He's talked about the gun violence there plenty of times, here just one source:
Obama Chicago Gun Violence

I think that they should feel frustrated with the people who actually perpetrate those crimes. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

How do I "amaze" you, is it because I try to be objective and respectful when I ask you questions or discuss/debate issues with you? Have I ever called you anything derogatory?

It's not the Democrats nor the Republican's fault that certain portions of those cities have some real socioeconomic problems. In my opinion it falls back on the people themselves; the real problem is with the conditions and environment that some of those children are exposed to and growing up in. Thus the cycle continues unless there is some VERY early intervention in those children's lives and their parent's live as well.

Randall, I answered your questions, can you answer the original questions I asked you? Here they are:

So Randall, do you agree with those people on the video?

At approximately 1;02 in the video a guy stated that "Obama has passed legislation that helped those illegal aliens", what "legislation" was that?

Since I'm sure a guy like you may believe in "states rights", don't you think it would be incumbent on the State of Illinois, Cook County, and the City of Chicago to deal with those local problems?

Do you think that the Federal government should intervene in Chicago and spend money there?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Goldwater had won in '64, instead of Johnson, there would have been no Civil Rights Act, no Voting Rights Act, and segregation and the suppression of the black vote would have continued on at least until the Democrats did get another president elected.

Of course, few conservatives would consider that a bad thing.

This is why the Gov of the Central American Countries are promoting this shit, even though these kids do NOT meet the requirements, which is the shit Obama has been hiding behind, they continue to come and the Boi KIng isn't sending ANYONE home.

How do they NOT meet the requirements?

" the bill gave substantial new protections to children entering the country alone who were not from Mexico or Canada by prohibiting them from being quickly sent back to their country of origin."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/u...ed-in-law-to-curb-child-trafficking.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back