What biased journalism looks like

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
It looks like this:

That is "Face the Nation" from one week ago. Haven't watched it much in years, but I used to be a regular viewer. The segment purports to be about the 2022 election, but it focused entirely on Subject Number One, Donald Trump.

The guests were four writers of anti-Trump stories and a book about him called "The Divider." They analyzed the psychology of Trump, how much harm he did and is doing to the nation, and then tried to figure out why anyone would possibly vote for him. This is a news show on a network licensed to act in the public interest, not a wingnut podcast.

Finally the guy who appears to be the host asked the guest author of the anti-Trump book if it could be slighly possible that his voters like the results he got, i.e. the tax cuts, the de-regulation, and the resulting economic successes. The author said in a lengthy non-answer that his book wasn't really about that. I guess not.

If I remember right, the FtN tradition used to be to have some feckless and weak-minded Republican on the show to provide a claim of balance. I assumed that he would say that Trump was bad for the GOP, and that a new breed of Republicans are waiting to step up in the post-Trump era, or something like that. But I guess that dude was taking a bathroom break for that segment, so it was nothing but nine minutes of crying about Trump.

I guess I see why Democrats are the way they are.

Last edited:
It looks like this:

That is "Face the Nation" from one week ago. Haven't watched it much in years, but I used to be a regular viewer. The segment purports to be about the 2022 election, but it focused entirely on Subject Number One, Donald Trump.

The guests were four writers of anti-Trump stories and a book about him called "The DIvider." They analyzed the psychology of Trump, how much harm he did and is doing to the nation, and then tried to figure out why anyone would possibly vote for him. This is a news show on a network licensed to act in the public interest, not a wingnut podcast.

Finally the guy who appears to be the host asked the guest author of the anti-Trump book if it could be slighly possible that his voters like the results he got, i.e. the tax cuts, the de-regulation, and the resulting economic successes. The author said in a lengthy non-answer that his book wasn't really about that. I guess not.

If I remember right, the FtN tradition used to be to have some feckless and weak-minded Republican on the show to provide a claim of balance. I assumed that he would say that Trump was bad for the GOP, and that a new breed of Republicans are waiting to step up in the post-Trump era, or something like that. But I guess that dude was taking a bathroom break for that segment, so it was nothing but nine minutes of crying about Trump.

So the show should be renamed to "Divide the Nation".

It looks like this:

The guests were four writers of anti-Trump stories and a book about him called "The Divider." They analyzed the psychology of Trump, how much harm he did and is doing to the nation, and then tried to figure out why anyone would possibly vote for him. This is a news show on a network licensed to act in the public interest, not a wingnut podcast.

The verminous left is rotten to the core. Time to round them all up and put them in the old state mental hospitals until they become people again or until they die.
Democrats, not the left.

The individuals discussed in the OP despise the left.

Confusing Democrats with the left is like believing the Nazis were Jews.

Actually, the left and conservatives have far more in common than in difference.

Conservatives attacking the left and smearing them as Democrats only accomplishes the following:

1) It helps Democrats enormously by making them appear to support the left.

2) It damages conservatives by making them appear ignorant.

3) By failing to form a coalition with the left against Democrats, conservatives weaken themselves.

So why do it?

Democrats control the left. I'll stand by my statement
Democrats don't remotely control the left; this is an astonishingly false belief.

The two groups DESPISE one another, and you weaken conservatism by failing to recognize this & form a coalition with the left against the Democrats.

Forum List

Back