What band do you WISH you had gotten to see live?

maybelooking

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2021
Ive been a musician since I was 14 years old. Currently 51. I started playing drums at that age of 14. I have been to a LOT of concerts. I came of age musically during the AWESOME time of the 1980s. Hair bands and "glam metal" was my thing. When I was around 16 years old I was introduced to RUSH by a friend of mine. My life was changed forever. I have been a Neil Peart fan ever since.

I have spent literally WEEKS in a drum room working on learning his music. He was much MUCH more than a drummer. He was literally a modern day composer. When his death was announced it was a gut punch that I cant really describe. As silly as it sounds, it felt like I had lost a relative.

Well as I am sure you have figured out by the title of the thread.....I GREAT REGRET not getting to see Rush live. As home theater is another hobby of mine, I have seen their live performances on a 120 inch screen with a pretty amazing surround sound set up but its just not the same.

Dont put off till tomorrow what you want to do today. You just may not get the chance.

Frank Sinatra

Bing Cosby

Beatles

Concert: Pink Floyd's the wall ( with an 1/8 ball)

My father did as well.

He always said they were one of the better live bands.
in i think it was 78 Thin Lizzy opened for them and they had the whole place rocking.....i did not know if Queen would be able to keep it going,but they opened with tie your mother down and they kept it going ....one of the best concerts i have ever seen...

in i think it was 78 Thin Lizzy opened for them and they had the whole place rocking.....i did not know if Queen would be able to keep it going,but they opened with tie your mother down and they kept it going ....one of the best concerts i have ever seen...
Oh that's another gem.

I love Thin Lizzy.

I was born too late me thinks.

Forum List

Back