What are your rights?

Doubletap

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2012
"A “right” is a moral principle defining and sanctioning a man’s freedom of action in a social context. There is only one fundamental right (all the others are its consequences or corollaries): a man’s right to his own life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action; the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action—which means: the freedom to take all the actions required by the nature of a rational being for the support, the furtherance, the fulfillment and the enjoyment of his own life. (Such is the meaning of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.)

The concept of a “right” pertains only to action—specifically, to freedom of action. It means freedom from physical compulsion, coercion or interference by other men.

Thus, for every individual, a right is the moral sanction of a positive—of his freedom to act on his own judgment, for his own goals, by his own voluntary, uncoerced choice. As to his neighbors, his rights impose no obligations on them except of a negative kind: to abstain from violating his rights.

The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.

Bear in mind that the right to property is a right to action, like all the others: it is not the right to an object, but to the action and the consequences of producing or earning that object. It is not a guarantee that a man will earn any property, but only a guarantee that he will own it if he earns it. It is the right to gain, to keep, to use and to dispose of material values"--John Galt

I dunno ask the government, they move the goal posts whenever some fucking minority or protected class throws a fit.

An important question with an easy answer. Your Rights, regardless of what is written down on paper, are what you can get enforced, period. Nothing more, and nothing less.

When doubletap can effectively explain "liberty" and "freedom," I will listen. He has not done that.

An important question with an easy answer. Your Rights, regardless of what is written down on paper, are what you can get enforced, period. Nothing more, and nothing less.

In other words, rights are indistinguishable from the law. In other words, prior to 1860 negro slaves had no rights. No injustice was committed by buying and selling them and treating them like property.

Not even a liberal would subscribe to that notion.

With or without "enforcement," I have the right to eat food. If I can't afford it I can trap it, grow it, pluck it from a tree, shoot it, etc.
I have the right to drink water. If I can't afford it I can collect it in rain barrels; drink from a stream; or collect in any means possible in order to sustain life.
I have the right to protect my life. I can use my fists, rocks, knives, guns, clubs or whatever is necessary to defend myself from real threats.
I have the right to travel if I need to find food and water for the purpose of life sustenance.
I have the right to shelter. If I can't afford it then I have the right to build it from the resources at my disposal: tree branches, cardboard boxes, tents, tarps, etc.
I have the right to clothing. If I can't afford it then I have the right to kill game and use the hide to make clothing. Or I have the right to use whatever other material I'm able to find as long as I don't steal from someone else.

Any government that prohibits my ability to sustain my life is violating my rights.

In other words, rights are indistinguishable from the law. In other words, prior to 1860 negro slaves had no rights. No injustice was committed by buying and selling them and treating them like property.

Not even a liberal would subscribe to that notion.
I don't give a damn who subscribes. Neither does reality.

No, the rights that get enforced are simply those that are protected by law. Rights are existential and exist regardless of whether they are respected by government or not.

my belief is, I have the right to live how I want as long as it does not interfere with anyone else's rights, ,or until I get caught and prosecuted....

No, the rights that get enforced are simply those that are protected by law. Rights are existential and exist regardless of whether they are respected by government or not.
Good to know. Make sure say that, loud and clear, as they pull the lever that hangs you.

Good to know. Make sure say that, loud and clear, as they pull the lever that hangs you.

Your stupidity doesn't change reality. You clearly have no capacity to discuss philosophical concepts. Perhaps you shouldn't interject in adult conversations.

Your stupidity doesn't change reality. You clearly have no capacity to discuss philosophical concepts. Perhaps you shouldn't interject in adult conversations.
Perhaps you shouldn't live in Fantasyland? Reality is on my side little one, not yours.

Perhaps you shouldn't live in Fantasyland? Reality is on my side little one, not yours.

Uh fuck you? You're a gadfly and an idiot with no substantial viewpoints or opinions. It's hard to really take your comments seriously because you don't offer any viewpoint other than reactionary nonsense.

Forum List

Back