What are your gut-level-honest thoughts/feelings Re the Catholic Church (in modern times)?

It is good to have someone willing to stand firm and point to the ideal and stay with tradition. We, the people, are the Catholic Church. I think we should have been more supportive of Catholic schools, and more cognizant that we adults still can learn.

I know some are in favor of bowing to public pressure on divorce, birth control, etc. Reminds me of the famous quote about politicians: Tell me, which way are the people heading? I must know, for I am their leader.

It is my opinion it is better to stick with the Way of Christ along with Apostolic teaching and tradition instead of trying to meld these things to modern society. Second, I have learned that the institution can only give us a boost up or a push forward. We, the Catholic People (Church), have to accept there is much we have to accomplish all on our own when it comes to spiritual growth.
for sure

but we have the Church Christ founded... not perfect but...

but we have the Church Christ founded... not perfect but...
Of course not! We point to the ideal, we are not the ideal. Just practicing, and every so often we succeed. To tell a Church to settle for convenience for the people over the ideal, is to advise the Church to stop doing its job.

you're about as Catholic as a cockroach I once killed

having some kind of history in the Church does NOT make you a true Catholic... In fact, fallen away Catholics are the worst of the worst.. IMO

Why did you ask for an opinion ? How do YOU decide who is a TRUE Catholic?

How do YOU decide who is a TRUE Catholic?
How anyone who can tell who is a true Catholic: One who follows the teachings of Christ despite the failings of the Institution and of fellow Catholics, knowing that s/he often enough finds him/herself in the failing pool of Catholics, too.

So we all try again because as Wayne Gretzky so aptly put it, We miss a hundred percent of the shots we don't take. We shoot for the ideal. We sometimes reach it, we too often don't--but at least we are in there taking the shots--despite the sometimes failings of the institution and one another--not to mention despite the criticisms of those on the outside looking in who never took a shot.

How anyone who can tell who is a true Catholic: One who follows the teachings of Christ despite the failings of the Institution and of fellow Catholics, knowing that s/he often enough finds him/herself in the failing pool of Catholics, too.

So we all try again because as Wayne Gretzky so aptly put it, We miss a hundred percent of the shots we don't take. We shoot for the ideal. We sometimes reach it, we too often don't--but at least we are in there taking the shots--despite the sometimes failings of the institution and one another--not to mention despite the criticisms of those on the outside looking in who never took a shot.

I don't think anyone but God knows the heart of a person.

IMHO, they are hypocritical cowards.

PS: I ain't catholic and don't care whether you like it or not. It's an opinion board, suck it up buttercup.

I am curious as to what Catholics think, mostly. I already know that a lot of protestants dislike the RCC

so yeh... I've heard enough about that..

I have mixed feelings.. don't like the pope much...

that's a stretch, how is that possible you did not vote for them what authority have you to doubt your leader. christian or is that rccno christian - name only. a blessing from the heavens, if only you knew.

Of course not! We point to the ideal, we are not the ideal. Just practicing, and every so often we succeed. To tell a Church to settle for convenience for the people over the ideal, is to advise the Church to stop doing its job.
I think I agree...

still mullingg over lasst sentence

Can you?

Here's what you wrote: "I am curious as to what Catholics think, mostly."

That invites comments from non-Catholics.

And how do you know he's not a Catholic?
he doesn't believe and practice what the Church teaches

that might be somewhat a clue...

I don't think anyone but God knows the heart of a person.
the dims know

they know all on the right are bad and should be ousted from public life just for going against the Godless Left

well, Jesus never said there would come a day when there is perfect Christ-centered governing in the world...

huh?

don't get the last sentence..

you need one of these:

sarcasm detector.jpg

The Catholic Church needs to enter the 21st century

Accept Birth Control
Recognize Divorce
End Celibacy
Allow Women Priests
Why would anyone "Volunteer" to dismiss the word of God in favor of Human Secularism? Truth does not evolve or it was never truth in the 1st place. Truth: verified via evidence. Human Secularism is a RELIGION as defined by SCTOUS (Torcaso v. Watkins, 1961) Torcaso (a self professed atheist) was victorious at the SCOTUS level in arguing that his religious freedom guaranteed by the US Constitution had been infringed. That religion? Human Secularism as a religion that is free from believing in God/Deity. Torcaso v. Watkins

Who wants a religion that offers up human sacrifices (literally......abortion on demand). Permits and protects sexual immorality. Permits and protects adultery. Promotes animalistic behavior........the list goes on and on........... survival of the fittest.....might makes right............

Thus..........YOUR PROBLEM as a promoter of human secularism is not a problem with religion per se, but rather with religious beliefs and practices that are antithetical (in contrast) to certain humanist established norms (i.e., moral codes) and objectives. In other words..........YOU ARE RIGHT........CHRISTIANITY IS WRONG.

Even the blind hog that is Catholicism on occasion finds a few ACORNS of TRUTH from the Holy Scriptures. With the exception of Birth Control as the Holy Scriptures are not against birth control......but birth control after conception has taken place. The scriptures have nothing to say about parents planning their families, but the scriptures have a great deal to say about spilling the blood of the innocent. There is no Blood (life is in the blood -- Lev. 17:11-14) possible and thus no life until after conception takes place.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back