Animal House
Life of Brian
Holy Grail
Naked Gun
Silver Streak
The Producers
Anything with the Three Stooges
Anything with the Marx Brothers

Anyone see Rustler's Rhapsody? I think this is an underrated movie. Great spoof on westerns.

Also, Quick Change, with Bill Murray....one of this best.

The Inlaws with Alan Alda and Peter Falk

Alan Arkin, not Alda.

Correct. Don't know why I would say Alda, as I don't like his acting at all.

" Serpentine !!! Serpentine!!!" lollerz
A "Z"?!?

06bb8abb59a1380038cb569a8567e933.jpg

mine are
Airplane
Pink Panther movies
Jerry Lewis movies
Animal House
Eddie Murphy movies
Scary Movie series
My all-time Top 5 - 1) Young Frankenstein 2) Blazing Saddles 3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail 4) Airplane! 5) Any one of several Marx Brothers films - Animal Crackers, Duck Soup, A Night At The Opera or A Day At The Races

I've looked at FUNNY from both sides now, from up and down, but still somehow it's funny illusions I recall.

Ahem.

Funniest movies: Monty Python & the Holy Grail. Groundhog Day. Peter Sellers/Pink Panther Airplane. WCFields & a few other oldies.

But I feel compelled to comment on some of the others. Mel Brooks was NOT FUNNY. His "humor" was little more than a succession of fart and bathroom "jokes," predictable and un-funny sexual double-entendres, and a few pathetic sight gags. Jerry Lewis was not funny. Silly, that's it. Robin Williams was occasionally funny, but usually only when scripted by someone else. Williams was a poor-cousin copy of Jonathan Winters, who was also just silly - but much better at it than Williams Williams was not a bad actor, though. Three stooges were totally lacking in real humor...brought out the 12-year-old in all of us. Same for Martin-Lewis, Abbott-Costello, Laurel-Hardy. Not the least bit funny. 'Who's on First' was the least funny "bit" in the history of humor.

The problem with transferring real humor to a feature-length film is that most of the audience is comprised of idiots.

Forum List

Back