What are you listening to?

Alan, you're kind of a music aficionado, huh. I've noticed that about you. Not a lot of those around these days. I mean, I guess maybe there are, but you hardly ever run into them in places like this.

I was actually listening to one her interviews the other day as well. She was explaining the basics of writing a song. Starting with a simple idea, rather than a complex idea. It made sense the way she explained it. I suppose it's why she wrote so many hits.

Not sure about her own initial release of Obsession, though. Even though I guess that's the way she wrote the song to be performed.

I just saw that vinyl on eBay the other day for like 7 Federal Reserve Notes.

Thanks.
It's easy to be bored of the blind partisan circle jerk threads, so I enjoy contributing and seeing what others are listening to music-wise.

As I look more into the details of songs, you'll come across mind-blowing things like how the "Wrecking Crew" was responsible for much of the great music of the 60s/early 70s. The Monkees got a lot of crap for being a fake band, and initially they were, but then you find a lot of artists in that time period had their hits from the Wrecking Crew. Even the Beach Boys, it's was primarily Brian Wilson and the Wrecking Crew.

So. . . it seems the COVID debate and vaccine issue has split up the Offspring. They were one of my favorites. The interlocking directorate and cabal, often decide how much airplay, and where you get concert venue, so there is A LOT of pressure on celebrities to toe the line. . . .

I thought this is the perfect song for the occasion. . . I was hearing it in my head at the news. . .

Kool and The Gang member Dee Tee died just got the news. Fun Talented band. One of favorite all time bands. :cool:

Last edited:
Probably the most a-typical liberal democrat song of all time, "lawyers guns and money". " Dad, get me outa this". Hunter, anyone? Anyway:

Last edited:
My favorite song from the Beach Boys!:biggrin:

My number ONE song from them! wow they were handsome back then!

The Beach Boys Surfer Girl​

Forum List

Back