What are you listening to?

And I am certainly listening to this, baby! oh yes! so reminiscent of the 1970s Earth, Wind and Fire....but from today.... Bruno Mars knows how to copy the best of the best!

Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic - Skate [Official Music Video]​

Don't copy Bruno Mars!

Don't copy Earth Wind and Fire!

Don't you have a mind of your own Bruno Mars?

I will listen to the real thing....and not to Bruno Mars who copies Earth Wind and Fire.

And that's that.

I like the real thing.;)

Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove (Audio)​

Booster shot music

gggfghhnn.jpeg

Just added this album to my collection the other day. Holly Knight is one of the more prolific song writers of the 80s. So many popular songs of the time were written by her but the artists themselves are more known for them.

Here she performs the original version of one of her own songs that Pat Benatar was known for. It's pretty rare that she performs her own stuff, but it's cool when she does because then you know how the song was supposed to be recorded.

She was a stunner, too.

Last edited:

It's ironic you posted this stuff.

I was just listening to my Chris Norman solo collection over the last few days, as I have all of his stuff. He's a largely unknown, but really does put out good music.

Don't have anything from his Smokie years, though.

Oddly enough, he did a cover of Holly Knght's Love Is A battlefield, the one I just posted. He actually did his recording before Pat Benatar did hers except she released her version a few weeks prior to him releasing his.

I think Pat's version is actually the weakest of the three versions, to be honest. But she was the popular face at the time, so.

Gawd, they danced funny back then. They're so 'white' the way they move. Do you see how those those backup singers are dancing? Heh heh. Ah well...

Just added this album to my collection the other day. Holly Knight is one of the more prolific song writers of the 80s. So many popular songs of he time were written by her but the artists themselves are more known for them.

Here she performs the original version of one of her own songs tha tPat Benatar was known for. It's pretty rare that she performs her own stuff, but it's cool when she does because then you know how the song was supposed to be recorded.

She was a stunner, too.

I was recently listening to an interview of hers, and yes, she was quite a prolific force as a songwriter. Patty Smyth, Tina Turner, Heart, and so many more benefited from her artistry.

Her version here offers quite a different vibe and a stark contrast to Benatar's final version. Thanks for sharing.

I was recently listening to an interview of hers, and yes, she was quite a prolific force as a songwriter. Patty Smyth, Tina Turner, Heart, and so many more benefited from her artistry.

Her version here offers quite a different vibe and a stark contrast to Benatar's final version. Thanks for sharing.
Alan, you're kind of a music aficionado, huh. I've noticed that about you. Not a lot of those around these days. I mean, I guess maybe there are, but you hardly ever run into them in places like this.

I was actually listening to one her interviews the other day as well. She was explaining the basics of writing a song. Starting with a simple idea, rather than a complex idea. It made sense the way she explained it. I suppose it's why she wrote so many hits.

Not sure about her own initial release of Obsession, though. Even though I guess that's the way she wrote the song to be performed.

I just saw that vinyl on eBay the other day for like 7 Federal Reserve Notes.

Forum List

Back