WH still denying Ft. Hood Massacre was act of terrorism

The White House has threatened to veto the National Defense Authorization Act — a $642.5 billion spending bill passed by the House last Friday. Among the 32 veto-worthy provisions: the one awarding Purple Hearts to the victims of the Fort Hood and Little Rock shootings.

“The administration objects to section 552, which would grant Purple Hearts to the victims of the shooting incidents in Fort Hood, Texas, and Little Rock, Ark.,” the veto threat states. “The criminal acts that occurred in Little Rock were tried by the State of Arkansas as violations of the State criminal code rather than as acts of terrorism.”

The administration’s refusal to acknowledge the attacks as terrorism has long rankled Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine), the leaders of the Homeland Security Committee, who investigated the Fort Hood massacre last year.

Read more: Barack Obama’s refusal on terrorism—Bridget Johnson - NYPOST.com

Isn't terrorism denial far more dangerous (and whacky) than birtherism? Unbelievable.

If they claimed it to be an act of terrorism, then that would effectively hurt their argument that an act of terrorism never happened on US Soil during the Obama presidency. This would hurt his record of keeping America safe from terrorists, and Obama cant have that happening in an election year.

Obama does not want to call it terrorism because Hasan is a Muslim and we are doing our best to make the Muslims feel welcome to come to America, build mosques, dress in sheets with the women having only their eyes visible, practice Sharia law and expect us to do the same, relocate pig farms because they built a mosque nearby and the Muslims are offended....the list goes on.

Obama sides with the Muslims...just as he said he would. (Hint: Hussein is a Muslim name!)

A good question is why is Obama so unwilling to call something like this; that was done in the name of politics and religion; and a mass murder to that end; terrorism. If that's not terrorism then what the hell is terrorism? By that definition; 911 is not a terrorist attack.

Could it be that Obama wants America to be weak? Could it be that he wants us vulnerable? Me thinks so.

If you call it an act of terrorism, Hasan becomes not a criminal, but a prisoner of war.

terrorists are nothing more than criminals, so no he doesn't.

The Administration objects to section 552, which would grant Purple Hearts to the victims of the shooting incidents in Fort Hood, Texas, and Little Rock, Arkansas. The criminal acts that occurred in Little Rock were tried by the State of Arkansas as violations of the State criminal code rather than as acts of terrorism; as a result, this provision could create appellate issues.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/112/saphr4310r_20120515.pdf

Why does the right consistently do this?

Because they are sort of stupid.

Here's the ugly truth about Hasan. The man was mentally unstable and should have been discharged. But the military was suffering from two cultural things.

First, the reluctance to let ANYONE go.

Second, the tendency to cover up for officers. If he were an E-4 instead of an O-4, he'd have been out of there.

Bullshit. The reason they were so afraid to move against him was down to his religion. It had jack shit to do with the reluctance to let anyone go, and even less to do with his rank... You really are a twit.

What about Loughner in AZ? Let me guess....he can't be a terrorist because he's not Muslim. Both of these men were nuts. Hasan, because of his faith......combined with hearing the horror stories from men returning from war against people of his own culture. Loughner, because of a hatred of government, combined with the volitile political environment that we have today.

I personally don't give a shit what they do with either of them.....they will resp what they sow.

How many POW's from the GUlf War are we still holding? Vietnam? Korea?

The problem with wars is that when wars end, we repatriate the POW's. You give these folks medals, you are admitting that Hasan is an enemy combatant and therefore, he gets a bunch of rights.

It's the conundrum for the War on Terror. you create this gray area betwen POW and Criminal and no one knows what to do. It's why it's taken a decade to bring some of these guys to trial, and often, they get slaps on the wrist. (Only three people have been tried by Tribunal, and two of them are out now.)

You call him what he is, a criminal, no complicated issue. He shot people, he goes to jail. Unless they find him insanse, in which case he spends the rest of his life in a nuthouse.

I was rooting for you to come up with a good counter. But you gave me nothing. He was a terrorist pure and simple. Now we have get to the real motives behind Obama's decisions and not JoeB's made up flub dubbery.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I need to use smaller words?

You give these folks medals, you are admitting Hasan is an enemy soldier. The Geneva Convention IMMEDIATELY applies to him.

Which means you pretty much can't touch him. Legally. YOu can hold him as an enemy combatant, but eventually, all those folks are going to get let go.

You can't touch him anyways idiot. Like I said; I gave you a chance. You gave me flub dubbery. Moving on dot org braw.

The White House has threatened to veto the National Defense Authorization Act — a $642.5 billion spending bill passed by the House last Friday. Among the 32 veto-worthy provisions: the one awarding Purple Hearts to the victims of the Fort Hood and Little Rock shootings.

“The administration objects to section 552, which would grant Purple Hearts to the victims of the shooting incidents in Fort Hood, Texas, and Little Rock, Ark.,” the veto threat states. “The criminal acts that occurred in Little Rock were tried by the State of Arkansas as violations of the State criminal code rather than as acts of terrorism.”

The administration’s refusal to acknowledge the attacks as terrorism has long rankled Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine), the leaders of the Homeland Security Committee, who investigated the Fort Hood massacre last year.

Read more: Barack Obama’s refusal on terrorism—Bridget Johnson - NYPOST.com

Isn't terrorism denial far more dangerous (and whacky) than birtherism? Unbelievable.

If they claimed it to be an act of terrorism, then that would effectively hurt their argument that an act of terrorism never happened on US Soil during the Obama presidency. This would hurt his record of keeping America safe from terrorists, and Obama cant have that happening in an election year.

DING! DING! DING!

And we have our answer. Great call. And once again, Obama puts his political aspirations ahead of the welfare of the American people and even the men and women that are literally dying to protect us.

Last edited:
A good question is why is Obama so unwilling to call something like this; that was done in the name of politics and religion; and a mass murder to that end; terrorism. If that's not terrorism then what the hell is terrorism? By that definition; 911 is not a terrorist attack.

Could it be that Obama wants America to be weak? Could it be that he wants us vulnerable? Me thinks so.

If you call it an act of terrorism, Hasan becomes not a criminal, but a prisoner of war.

terrorists are nothing more than criminals, so no he doesn't.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The British would have called Geo. Washington a terrorist.

I was rooting for you to come up with a good counter. But you gave me nothing. He was a terrorist pure and simple. Now we have get to the real motives behind Obama's decisions and not JoeB's made up flub dubbery.

You give these folks medals, you are admitting Hasan is an enemy soldier. The Geneva Convention IMMEDIATELY applies to him.

Which means you pretty much can't touch him. Legally. YOu can hold him as an enemy combatant, but eventually, all those folks are going to get let go.

You can't touch him anyways idiot. Like I said; I gave you a chance. You gave me flub dubbery. Moving on dot org braw.

Ummmm, no, legally, they can put him on trial using the criminal code. Unlike let's say, Sheik Khalid Mohammed, who we caught back in 2002, and we are just putting him on trial now in a hearing that is largely a joke.

It was an act of terrorism and those claiming otherwise are doing so because of their political agenda. They also realize that everyone knows what and why they are lying about it.

It was an act of terrorism and those claiming otherwise are doing so because of their political agenda. They also realize that everyone knows what and why they are lying about it.

Well, no, they aren't calling it terrorism because there is no evidence that he was acting in concert with a terrorist group.

A few e-mails to a cleric doesn't count.

Hasan was a crazy person who never should have gotten a commission, and should have been casheired out of the Army.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the officers who didn't do their jobs and get him discharged when he shouldn't have been in the military and didn't want to be there.

No, no, no the Republicans are the terrorists, they are the enemy!! Pulllleeezze, this can't be political, this can't be an act of terrorism on US soil, it will spoil the Obama image!!
"Today, sadly, we have president who uses the word 'enemy' for fellow Americans," said House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, who stands to become Speaker of the House if Republicans win control of the chamber.

"Mr. President, there's a word for people who have the audacity to speak up in defense of freedom, the Constitution, and the values of limited government that made our country great," Boehner said. "We don't call them 'enemies.' We call them 'patriots.'"

Winner, winner . . . .

. . . . chicken dinner

No, no, no the Republicans are the terrorists, they are the enemy!! Pulllleeezze, this can't be political, this can't be an act of terrorism on US soil, it will spoil the Obama image!!
"Today, sadly, we have president who uses the word 'enemy' for fellow Americans," said House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, who stands to become Speaker of the House if Republicans win control of the chamber.

"Mr. President, there's a word for people who have the audacity to speak up in defense of freedom, the Constitution, and the values of limited government that made our country great," Boehner said. "We don't call them 'enemies.' We call them 'patriots.'"

Ummmm, no, legally, they can put him on trial using the criminal code. Unlike let's say, Sheik Khalid Mohammed, who we caught back in 2002, and we are just putting him on trial now in a hearing that is largely a joke.

Ah. Having a good cry JoeB? Military justice is fair and swift (and not wasteful). And you said, "we can't touch him." And we can't anyways. What's the matter JoeB? Made a stupid argument and you had to change the channel to more stupid?

The Administration objects to section 552, which would grant Purple Hearts to the victims of the shooting incidents in Fort Hood, Texas, and Little Rock, Arkansas. The criminal acts that occurred in Little Rock were tried by the State of Arkansas as violations of the State criminal code rather than as acts of terrorism; as a result, this provision could create appellate issues.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/112/saphr4310r_20120515.pdf

Here's the ugly truth about Hasan. The man was mentally unstable and should have been discharged. But the military was suffering from two cultural things.

Second, the tendency to cover up for officers. If he were an E-4 instead of an O-4, he'd have been out of there.

Right. :rolleyes: His being a Muslim had nothing to do with any of it.

Ah. Having a good cry JoeB? Military justice is fair and swift (and not wasteful). And you said, "we can't touch him." And we can't anyways. What's the matter JoeB? Made a stupid argument and you had to change the channel to more stupid?

Actually, military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

JAG officers are the guys who couldn't get hired by real law firms.

If you had ever been in the military, you'd know this.

You give those guys medals and Hasan becomes an enemy combatant, you can't really touch him, legally. He goes from a crazy person shooting a bunch of innocent people to a soldier taking out a legitimate target in the eyes of the law.

Right. :rolleyes: His being a Muslim had nothing to do with any of it.

There are 12,000 Muslims in the US military and 1.8 muslims in the US and very few of them go on shooting sprees...

But keep being afraid and voting against your own economic interests... that's what they want.

You'd think this speech would have tipped off someone or anyone as to Hassan's state of mind. The reason they are pushing "work place violence" is that not only did the Pentagon and the powers that be screw up by not dismissing him, hell's bells they were promoting him.

Fools who for PC and inclusiveness cost 13 people their lives. Red flags were flying all over with this maniac, but the powers that be CHOSE to ignore them.

Fort Hood gunman had told US military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut
Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

By Nick Allen in Fort Hood

5:00PM GMT 08 Nov 2009

He also told colleagues at America's top military hospital that non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire. The outburst came during an hour-long talk Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, gave on the Koran in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington DC, where he worked for six years before arriving at Fort Hood in July.

Great and truthful write up via the Telegraph UK. As far as I can remember it was the Telegraph that broke the truth about Hassan first.

Fort Hood gunman had told US military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut - Telegraph

Last edited:

Forum List

Back