West Virginians strongly disagree with Manchin on voting rights legislation

Manchin is becoming a pariah in his own state of West Virginia.

Yeah, LaCooter, I'm sure the reddest state in America is suddenly hating their long-term Senator because he's not knuckling under to the far-left scheme to bankrupt the country for all time. And I'm sure your stupid ass is an expert on what West Virginians are thinking right now.

Maybe everyone should read what Machin actually said regarding his lack of support for this bill. Here is a snippet.

It has been said by much wiser people than me that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Well, what I’ve seen during my time in Washington is that every party in power will always want to exercise absolute power, absolutely. Our founders were wise to see the temptation of absolute power and built in specific checks and balances to force compromise that serves to preserve our fragile democracy. The Senate, its processes and rules, have evolved over time to make absolute power difficult while still delivering solutions to the issues facing our country and I believe that’s the Senate’s best quality.

Kind of of ironic that Democrats that claim that Trump wanted an autocracy supports an autocracy themselves.

Another thing Machin mentioned in his disent that is worth noting is that why would be very Senators that were willing to break from their party and vote for impeaching Trump NOT support this bill when they are clearly not so hyper partisan as to always be in lock step.

Democrats want to have it so that that the goddamn Illegals can vote and they can have a system where they can create fraudulent ballots with the scam of ballot harvesting and mail in ballots counted in precedents controlled by the Democrat filth, with no accountability.

Americans want to have so that only eligible voters can vote and there is no fraud.

That is what this is all about.

Democrat attempting to legitimize election fraud so they can steal more elections, just like they did in 2020.
Which provision would allow for that?

Rachel Maddow shares details from a new poll that shows West Virginia voters of all political stripes are very supportive of the For The People Act to protect voting rights, which makes it all the more odd that Senator Joe Manchin, who represents West Virginia, does not.

What's wrong with Manchin? Even his own people strongly disagree with him on the For The People Act to protect voting rights. So, what is his excuse now?

The voting rights act is mainly the domain of political wonks...

I say you could put it through in WV with very few people making it apart of there voting decision...

In reality, do the voters in WV or anywhere even care that much about the deficit.... Trump borrowed like a drunken sailor while pumping an economy, any one doing 101 macroeconomics would said recipe for disaster... Public didn't care..

Actually, elections are polls.

Polls don't elect representatives, voters do.
The voters put Manchin in, and they can take him out.
In the meantime, suckit.
Moderate democrats won't go along with the radical LWNJ agenda.
The thinks Democrats are trying to get are available in Germany and actually better is available in Germany...

Are you trying to say Germany is a Left Wing Nutjob Country? You would also have to include UK, Canada, JApan, Australia, Switzerland, Netherlands, South Korea, Ireland, NEw Zealand, France, Spain, Sweden... All these countries are Left Wing Nutjobs...

Just as a matter of interest which countries do call not Left Wing Nutjobs?

Maybe everyone should read what Machin actually said regarding his lack of support for this bill. Here is a snippet.

It has been said by much wiser people than me that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Well, what I’ve seen during my time in Washington is that every party in power will always want to exercise absolute power, absolutely. Our founders were wise to see the temptation of absolute power and built in specific checks and balances to force compromise that serves to preserve our fragile democracy. The Senate, its processes and rules, have evolved over time to make absolute power difficult while still delivering solutions to the issues facing our country and I believe that’s the Senate’s best quality.

Kind of of ironic that Democrats that claim that Trump wanted an autocracy supports an autocracy themselves.

Another thing Machin mentioned in his disent that is worth noting is that why would be very Senators that were willing to break from their party and vote for impeaching Trump NOT support this bill when they are clearly not so hyper partisan as to always be in lock step.
Democrats are trying to roll back some of the worst voter suppression laws brought in in the last couple of decades...

US voting has become a by word as a joke internationally...

Rest of the World sees the long line of black people waiting for hours to vote... US used to be proud of there democracy...

US democracy is a by word internationally as the pretence of democracy to get what I want...

Truth is
GOP has only won one popular vote for Presidency since in last 20 years(2000 to 2020) but has had the White House 12 years and Democrats 8... That is not democratic, that is an illusion of democracy...
GOP is over 10% points behind Democrats in popular vote for Senate in last 3 elections and they have same seats... 10% is huge in two horse race.. This is not democratic, this is again an illusion of democracy..
In the past Congress can throw up some huge wins for GOP with relatively much more narrow popular vote wins.

The GOP want to pretend there is democracy and peoples votes count... They don't want to run the country by the will of the people... In both of Trump bids for President more American Citizens wanted his opponent to win... When most people want the other guy, it kind of undermines your mandate to lead... That is the basic facts...

How did Democrats cheat in the 2020 elections? Proof?
There's a book titled "Rigged" that goes into depth about all that.
Of course you will ignore it but it exists, nonetheless.

And by the way, a poll by MSNBC is about as believable as the news in Pravda was.
MSNBC has a lot in common with Pravda, not coincidentally.

No ID
You oppose audits to see if the Dominion Machines manufacture ballots for those who did not vote but are registered after the polls close
Voting 2 weeks after the election - PA
All of that is nonsense. Why don’t we investigate the very credible allegations that Chinese thermostats were hacking the Dominion machines as well? :cuckoo:

All of that is nonsense. Why don’t we investigate the very credible allegations that Chinese thermostats were hacking the Dominion machines as well? :cuckoo:

Maricopa County admits the Dominion Machines can be programmed to cheat. Your argument is that the zionists who installed them can be trusted not to cheat, nevermind they are loyal to israel, not the us....

I'll ask you the same thing I did in the other thread right after I say this is FAKE NEWS.

What was the methodology and what questions were asked? A lot of people know nothing more about the bill but the name, if that. Fake poll, too.
What's fake is the denial exercises by you white-rights about any FACTS which contradict your pathologically insane world view.

Democrats are trying to roll back some of the worst voter suppression laws brought in in the last couple of decades...

US voting has become a by word as a joke internationally...

Rest of the World sees the long line of black people waiting for hours to vote... US used to be proud of there democracy...

US democracy is a by word internationally as the pretence of democracy to get what I want...

Truth is
GOP has only won one popular vote for Presidency since in last 20 years(2000 to 2020) but has had the White House 12 years and Democrats 8... That is not democratic, that is an illusion of democracy...
GOP is over 10% points behind Democrats in popular vote for Senate in last 3 elections and they have same seats... 10% is huge in two horse race.. This is not democratic, this is again an illusion of democracy..
In the past Congress can throw up some huge wins for GOP with relatively much more narrow popular vote wins.

The GOP want to pretend there is democracy and peoples votes count... They don't want to run the country by the will of the people... In both of Trump bids for President more American Citizens wanted his opponent to win... When most people want the other guy, it kind of undermines your mandate to lead... That is the basic facts...
Good post. Truth is, Trump was a great representation of the Republican party as a whole. Like the party itself, Trump looks down his nose at most of his supporters. From calling veterans losers, to yacking up and cracking jokes about the "middle class" among his wealthy friends, he never gave two shits for his core supporters and to this day, still does not. They were, and still may be, a means to an end. He uses them, period. And quite honestly, nothing is more unAmerican than being used.

This bill has two provisions that Republicans cannot accept. The first is the elimination of "dark money". Republicans, and yes more than a few Democrats, don't want the public to know who is behind much of their political contributions. Manchin is a case in point. The Koch brothers have invested millions in his campaign, and inundated the air waves of West Virginia telling the people of West Virginia what their priorities are. Think about that for a moment. I mean what in the hell do a bunch of rich jerks know about the priorities of the hard scrabble people of West Virginia? It is insulting and no damn wonder Manchin and his ilk want to keep that money dark.

But the other is gerrymandering. It is a rampant problem at the state level and has huge ramifications for the House. North Carolina perhaps the biggest example. While the state is clearly purple with almost a perfect fifty/fifty split in Democrats verses Republicans, Democrats hold little more than 20% of the House representation. That is a direct assault on Democracy and Republicans don't give two shits about it. In fact, they depend upon it.

Forum List

Back