We’re Going to Defend Taiwan?

President Biden made the announcement.

I disagree completely with that stance.

It's always been our policy, but never spoken out loud. The PRC has known this for decades, but Biden for some reason felt the need to say it, something that hasn't really been done before.

Better to say it than not

China is always probing for weakness but the CCP respects strength and the willingness to use it

But now they get another thing to be fake butthurt about.

They know that the US Pacific Fleet isn't there to worry about North Korea, it's to worry about them.

Frankly I think a bigger issue is if they try to really take and hold the Spratly Islands and this puts them in conflict with the Philippines.

It's always been our policy, but never spoken out loud. The PRC has known this for decades, but Biden for some reason felt the need to say it, something that hasn't really been done before.

Time to stop sucking up to keep from offending China

I have no problem with making it clear we will help defend Taiwan if it is attacked.

Just to be fair, we should tell China we will help defend them if they are invaded by Taiwan

I have no problem with making it clear we will help defend Taiwan if it is attacked.

Just to be fair, we should tell China we will help defend them if they are invaded by Taiwan

Just when I thought you couldn't get more brown-nose hack-ey towards Biden, you go an surprise me.

But that is a sticking point. Before Trump left office. Taiwan was recognized though as a sovereign nation. The location of Taiwan would give China a massive power boost as they would have free reign with their navy and block trade if they see fit.
Taiwan has not been recognized as a sovereign nation at any time, since the late 70s. This is, however, where the Deep State becomes a good thing. Whatever the leaders and high-level diplomats may be saying, in private underlings are assuring the Taiwanese that we have their back. China knows this and will be hesitant to invade, realizing the 7th Fleet would destroy any attempt.

President Biden made the announcement.

I disagree completely with that stance.

“We’re” gonna do whatever Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and hundreds of other war contractors and their financiers want. They call the shots.

As long as we get more and more products from them, they will expand their aims and their goals. They were a sleeping giant with economic issues until we gave them the key to the kingdom. So, we can expand our social programs with people hooked on government while purchasing products cheaper from them. The problem is it cannot last forever as the people toiling in the nation producing want to have comfortable lives and it turns inward more and more. Notice the shortages we have had or the problems producing them here.

Forum List

Back