Wells Fargo customers scramble after deposits disappear from their accounts

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Two words people...CREDIT UNION~

For the second time this year, Wells Fargo acknowledged that deposits were not showing up in customers' accounts. In an emailed statement Friday morning, a Wells Fargo representative said the issue was affecting a "limited number of customers," and that "the vast majority" of instances had been resolved before noon, while the "few remaining" would be resolved soon.
This week's incident mirrored one encountered by Wells Fargo customers in March, which the company then blamed on an unspecified "technical issue."
The Wells Fargo representative declined to comment further Friday about what caused this week's incident, nor specify whether it was related to the March incident, nor exactly how many customers had been affected.
The outage comes as NBC News reports phony bank accounts have resurfaced at Wells Fargo. The bank has paid billions in fines and has cycled through two CEOs since the issue was first reported in 2011. This time, the issue was blamed on third-party fraudsters. Wells Fargo representative Amy Bonitatibus told NBC News that allegations of unlawful activity by Wells Fargo are without merit and that identity theft is a broad industry problem that the bank is working to address.
Customers nationwide appeared to be affected by this week's outage.

Jeani Cortez, a single, disabled, self-employed accountant and Alaska resident, says she was supposed to have paid her rent, gas, electric and internet payments for the month by now with funds she deposited Wednesday.

For the second time this year, Wells Fargo acknowledged that deposits were not showing up in customers' accounts. In an emailed statement Friday morning, a Wells Fargo representative said the issue was affecting a "limited number of customers," and that "the vast majority" of instances had been resolved before noon, while the "few remaining" would be resolved soon.
This week's incident mirrored one encountered by Wells Fargo customers in March, which the company then blamed on an unspecified "technical issue."
The Wells Fargo representative declined to comment further Friday about what caused this week's incident, nor specify whether it was related to the March incident, nor exactly how many customers had been affected.
The outage comes as NBC News reports phony bank accounts have resurfaced at Wells Fargo. The bank has paid billions in fines and has cycled through two CEOs since the issue was first reported in 2011. This time, the issue was blamed on third-party fraudsters. Wells Fargo representative Amy Bonitatibus told NBC News that allegations of unlawful activity by Wells Fargo are without merit and that identity theft is a broad industry problem that the bank is working to address.

Jeani Cortez, a single, disabled, self-employed accountant and Alaska resident, says she was supposed to have paid her rent, gas, electric and internet payments for the month by now with funds she deposited Wednesday.
More fake accounts. I haven't seen Tim Sloan today. I'll question him next time I see him.

Wells Fargo needs shut down permanently.

And executives jailed.

Two other words people - Community Bank.

Glad I dumped WF several decades ago. Way too woke for my blood.

I banked exclusively with them when we lived in California. I liked 'em. They did good by us. Tho that was a long time ago.

I went to other banks when we moved east to Chicago and no longer had a relationship with Wells Fargo. I was saddened by what their management has done to tarnish what was once a highly reputable financial player. That fraudulent accounts scandal soured me on them. forever. That was inexcusable. I could never go back to them....even if we moved back to the Bay Area.

And now this missing deposit mess.

If deposits didn't show up on your account does it mean that they disappeared? I don't think so. Wells Fargo ain't your enemy but scam artists like Sam Bankman Fried who bilked billions from senior citizens in a crypto currency scam might get a pass because he donated millions to democrat party campaigns.

If deposits didn't show up on your account does it mean that they disappeared? I don't think so. Wells Fargo ain't your enemy but scam artists like Sam Bankman Fried who bilked billions from senior citizens in a crypto currency scam might get a pass because he donated millions to democrat party campaigns.
WF is notoriously bad.

The absolute worst of the worst.

Not sure I see the long term good in Community Wanks

Then you haven't looked hard enough. Usually lower fees, more personal service, friendlier employees instead of talking heads, and more local community involvement. Wells Fargo once experimented in making people pay a fee if they wanted to speak to a live teller. It didn't work out so well as I understand it.

Then you haven't looked hard enough. Usually lower fees, more personal service, friendlier employees instead of talking heads, and more local community involvement. Wells Fargo once experimented in making people pay a fee if they wanted to speak to a live teller. It didn't work out so well as I understand it.
I get all that from my credit union~

I see the message about deposits possibly being delayed in my BofA account. Your title is misleading, you should not have used "disappear" that makes it sound like money was removed from peoples accounts.

after what bankman fried did and you god damned people never said a god damned word

many here don't have a god damned nickel in a bank....lololol....you gd widget making slobs

Forum List

Back