Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I never got more than the red blister and red skin around it.
Very glad I was among the majority that only have minor symptoms

My friend's foot ended up swollen bigger than his head. The doctors were preparing to amputate it when the antibiotics and stuff finally started working.

Bonzi is making Carbonara, I unfortunately got bit by a brown recluse.
Hoping I am among the majority and the painful large bump/blister is as bad as it gets.
A recluse bite usually results in just that, but it can and will turn extraordinarily bad and you won't know if it will or won't till as long as 5 -6 days.

It's not a cure or anything, but as SOON as you get bit by a venomous reptile or bug, make a paste out of baking soda and a little water. Cover the bite with it, and keep it on there until you get to the Dr/emergency room.

The baking soda supposedly helps draw out the venom before it can get to your bloodstream.....or at least keep it at "skin level" until you can get it medically taken care of.

I made a Neopolitan veal stew with leeks and zucchini. It was dry for what I had thought a stew should look like. My son thought it was pretty good.

I had also got a few bottles of Grandpa Lundquist's Christmas Soda which is a Scandinavian. It was pretty bad. The first drink was was ok-ish. As in I-wont-do-it-again but it is interesting. Then there is an aftertaste that slaps you.

I made il migliaccio which is fancy for polenta with sweet Italian sausage. It was eaten in ancient Rome but was made with millet back then.

I used to eat polenta a couple times a day when I was real young. I thought enough time had passed but nope. Not freaking long enough.

Didn't feel like cooking or even throwing something in the microwave.........

So I just had............

127d6cb9b69611a08e09ae7d777f01f6e9f0d814.png

Broiled quail in red onion escabeche and leftover roasted poblano and spinach rice and refried beans.

I have never made quail before. I was supposed to tie the legs together. I didn't. So the legs look like the quail are trying to run away off the broiler. This is a bit disturbing.

It's been well documented on this board that I'm only interested in saving the cute animals and they are so tiny that they appear cute.

Osso buco and as an appetizer

Crown Apple and Mtn Dew Code Red. That is the fo' shizzle nitz.

New year's day so It's Blackeye Peas and hog jowls and corn bread. Wash it down with sweet ice tea. It's a tradition. Supposed to bring good luck for the rest of the year. ;)

New year's day so It's Blackeye Peas and hog jowls and corn bread. Wash it down with sweet ice tea. It's a tradition. Supposed to bring good luck for the rest of the year. ;)

My husband was asking me in the store the other day why they had all these sales on black-eyed peas, of all things. I explained the tradition to him, and he looked at me like a dog listening to a high-pitched sound.

1641048568674.png

Then he said, "You southern people are weird."

My husband was asking me in the store the other day why they had all these sales on black-eyed peas, of all things. I explained the tradition to him, and he looked at me like a dog listening to a high-pitched sound.

View attachment 582228

Then he said, "You southern people are weird."

Yeah, my granny was this kind of Southern.
I hate black eyed peas, they taste like dirt and stale water.

After all those years of eating them every New Years Day, I never had a good year.
So when I got out on my own, I stopped eating them. No use eating something that gross when it doesn't give you any luck.

Forum List

Back