Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night we made tacos with leftover filet mignon. Delish!

Today I think I'm just going to eat blueberry coffee cake for each meal. I give up carbs on Monday, and it would be a travesty to throw away any bit of this delish cake!

Yeah, my granny was this kind of Southern.
I hate black eyed peas, they taste like dirt and stale water.

After all those years of eating them every New Years Day, I never had a good year.
So when I got out on my own, I stopped eating them. No use eating something that gross when it doesn't give you any luck.

Fortunately, no one in my family growing up liked black-eyed peas, so we never had to eat them. If I'm going to make ham hocks with beans, I use white beans.

Fortunately, no one in my family growing up liked black-eyed peas, so we never had to eat them. If I'm going to make ham hocks with beans, I use white beans.

I make white beans with smoked ham shanks, which are meatier and a bit less fatty.

I'm making moussaka. I'm also making a S'mores pie thing.

Last edited:
So tonight, I made tilapia baked with a sauce I cobbled together from my fridge: lemon and lime juice, cream cheese, milk, butter, and Italian seasoning. I put it over steamed rice. My family wolfed it down in a matter of minutes.

I'm making fried chicken and Lanas Country Best Macaroni Salad Recipe and some other vegetable.

My kid leaves mid-week and then I'm done cooking regular food until maybe spring break -unless I want to freeze it. I'm looking forward to the do dishes when I run out of silverware and coffee cups season.

Patty melt and fried okra. We went out to eat at a Boomerangs which is made to look like a diner. I really am not an Elvis fan and I don't like the "oldies". I'm a fan of fried okra though.

Patty melt and fried okra. We went out to eat at a Boomerangs which is made to look like a diner. I really am not an Elvis fan and I don't like the "oldies". I'm a fan of fried okra though.

I love fried okra. For the most part, I'm not excited by fried food, because it upsets my stomach. I make an exception for a few things. Fried okra, fried mushrooms, steak fingers . . . I would kill for some steak fingers. Haven't been able to find any place that does them in Phoenix. There's an amazing local chain in Tucson called Lucky Wishbone. Sadly, they never expanded outside that city.

garfield-the-cat-holding-lasagna-FT-BLOG0617.jpg

Made tuna casserole last night just because I needed something quick that I had all the ingredients for on hand, because my car is in the shop. Turns out I had not realized how much my family loved my tuna casserole. That bad boy was completely gone in minutes.

Oh, I also decided to bake chocolate-caramel cookies. My diehard "all cookies should be chocolate chip" husband has declared the chocolate-caramels to be the best thing he ever ate.

I made pizza rolls.
Tomorrow/today I am making a stew of chicken, Italian sweet sausage and porcini mushrooms.

My granddaughter, who is 1 1/2, has been visiting this weekend, so we had chicken nuggets and French fries. My youngest son has been doing most of the babysitting, with his brother's supervision, because my husband and I both had to work. So after she goes back home, I owe him a day of mall-walking and a trip to Cinnabon.

Pork chops.

Been trying to cut added salt from my diet to lower BP and reduce puffiness and have been using Mrs Dash. I was pleasantly surprised that pork tastes okay this way. Still,can’t eat chicken or beef without salting it, so it’s encouraging to find a meat I can eat saltless.

Forum List

Back