Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Smoked skirt steak ... Grilled Zucchini and Onions ... Skillet New Potatoes w/fresh Rosemary.

I got THE best recipe for skirt steak from Alton Brown. So easy, and SOOOO good. You sprinkle the steak liberally on both sides with kosher salt and let it sit on the counter while you fire up natural-cut charcoal in the grill. Once the charcoal is ready, you put the steak directly onto the coals, let it cook for just a couple minutes on each side, then wrap in tightly in tin foil and let it sit for about fifteen minutes (enough time to grill some veggies on the side). The hot meat continues cooking in the tin foil, and you get perfect, rare, tender steak with a savory sauce and just a hint of searing.

Tonight we're having spinach Florentine pizza because a restaurant in the neighborhood is giving them away for free if you bring in a can of spinach for the community food bank. This place has amazing pizza, and I like to support businesses supporting the local community.

Tomorrow night, we're having a chicken broccoli Alfredo casserole. The original recipe calls for stuffed shells, but that's too fiddly for my schedule, and I really need my recipes to make up more food for the ravening wolf pack that masquerades as my family. ;) So I do it as a casserole with large elbow noodles instead.

Key West Grilled Chicken and Shrimp over spicy Wild Rice topped with Pineapple Pico de Gallo ... Green Beans and Sautéed Mushrooms on the side ... Salt and Pepper Pistachios for dessert ... with a Sprite and Gentleman Jack (on the rocks).

I do not want give out my personal information :) But just this one time:

Tandoori fish, tandoori bread and some beer.

Salmon bisque, french bread and salad.

Salmon soup... not my favorite. But I wasn't cooking, so I can't complain. Probably would have rather nuked a pot pie from the freezer.

Quail in a nice, brown mushroom gravy, over rice!

To be topped off with a big, chocolate milk shake.

I love it when chocolate milkshake weather finally arrives!

Grilled chicken....with grilled zucchini.....and roasted potatoes with lots of salt YUMMMMMMM
Himalayan Pink salt, or Hawaiian Black?

Sea Salt iodized! hehe!

the packet has this name "Sale Marino fino iodato"! :biggrin:
I take a vitamin for the iodine now, just in case, since I don't fish so much these days.

That will soon change, moving to Georgia, and taking my boat to Lake Russell and huge stripers!!!

Life is great.

Should know by 11am if we close the deal on the house and spare lot.

Life is looking up; four year long distance relationship about to end, were shackin' up!!!!

Grilled chicken....with grilled zucchini.....and roasted potatoes with lots of salt YUMMMMMMM

Sea Salt iodized! hehe!

I take a vitamin for the iodine now, just in case, since I don't fish so much these days.

That will soon change, moving to Georgia, and taking my boat to Lake Russell and huge stripers!!!

Life is great.

Life is looking up; four year long distance relationship about to end, were shackin' up!!!!

Oh!! that sounds lovely Roadrunner!!! I hope everything goes perfect for you! :D

Sea Salt iodized! hehe!

Life is great.

Oh!! that sounds lovely Roadrunner!!! I hope everything goes perfect for you! :D

Talking to my GF now.

We missed this house a month ago, and she cried.

Then the poor guy got fired, and could not close the deal.

Slow smoked salmon (apple wood) ... Smoked and well seasoned onion slices with mushroom and white wine sauce ... Steamed Broccoli mixed in Velveeta Shells and Cheese ... Served with an Abita Restoration Pale.

Forum List

Back