Well, this research sure blow up AGW thoery!!!

While I am not a big fan of modeling, This paper does make some very interesting points. Solar cycles are opposite polarities in series. one positive and the next negative. This is why we have near zero solar wind and magnetic flux for several years as the two overlap (this is called the "Canceling Effect"). If two cycles overlap in differing hemispheres on the sun this could place the sun in a near zero state until the imbalance is corrected. Cycle 25 is still 8 years out or so but we are already seeing a very marked solar flux and magnetic disruption causing low solar wind output.

The new model of the Sun's solar cycle is producing unprecedentedly accurate predictions of irregularities within the Sun's 11-year heartbeat.

It draws on dynamo effects in two layers of the Sun, one close to the surface and one deep within its convection zone.

Predictions from the model suggest that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s to conditions last seen during the 'mini ice age' that began in 1645, according to the results presented by Prof Valentina Zharkova at the National Astronomy Meeting in Llandudno.

The model predicts that the pair of waves become increasingly offset during Cycle 25, which peaks in 2022.

Read more: Is a mini ICE AGE on the way Scientists warn the sun will go to sleep in 2020 Daily Mail Online

No. Even if the sun did go into a Maunder Minimum, that's just a five-year delay in warming.That is, 5 years of our GHG emissions are a positive forcing that would be equal to the negative forcing of a dimmer sun. So no, no ice age. At worst/best, a small slowdown in warming. And that's if the prediction is correct, which is doubtful.

Investing is solar power? Ummm.......that looks like it'd be pretty stoopid!!! Best stock up on generators, wood, winter parka's..........:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

In a couple of decades, no more beach days for anybody!!!!

Is a mini ICE AGE on the way Scientists warn the sun will go to sleep in 2020 Daily Mail Online

More AGW k00k losing.:spinner::spinner:

" Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio were each record wet during June with monthly precipitation totals more than twice the 20th century average."

State of the Climate National Centers for Environmental Information NCEI

More rain than normal, and record cold temperatures.....but the Ice Pack is melting, and the rain forest is degenerating.

About the summer of 2001, I was helping a guy pinned under a tree. A large tree, in the woods....some distance from his house. As big as the tree was, and the way the tree alledgedly fell on him, and his time entrapped.....he was lucky he did not have any compartmentalization syndrome. I am a pre-hospital care provider.

June of 2001 was rainy. Very rainy. Carrying the patient from the location of the incident.....on a backboard, assisted by about 6 other people, I was wearing good clothes, and my brand new Asics Tennis shoes....that had only been wore probably two times before. My clothes become muddy and my tennis shoes were trashed. I ended up throwing them away if I am correct.

All I hear is "El-Nino" is going to destroy the world. Crops will become dryed out from no rain....or excessive rain will destroy them. The Antartic will melt and flood the world. On my I-phone, all the news I read is that the FBI is arresting Child Mollesters, Plane crashes in Nevada, Racial violence and murders of black people, Women poisoning their husbands, Cops shooting black people and teh racial violence that follows afterward. And another one ----> the world is going to end on July the 15th.

At work, all I hear is bad news......and more bad news. And anything that damages or destroys morale and working relationships with my co-workers.....whom are not in my department. All I hear is lies and misleading information - such as protocol and drug and narcotic changes ( I am in EMS / Fire - Rescue / Haz-Mat ). Plans and policy changes that make no sense to me, or have a legitmate purpose in my opinion - or policy, procedure and rules have been changed to create a hassle or discomfort in my department.....or to make me adn my department members angry or agitated ; and/or to elicit a response.

Weather - Work - News on my I-phone and televison, is most always....about 95% of the time.....disheartening.

Shadow 355

No. Even if the sun did go into a Maunder Minimum, that's just a five-year delay in warming.That is, 5 years of our GHG emissions are a positive forcing that would be equal to the negative forcing of a dimmer sun. So no, no ice age. At worst/best, a small slowdown in warming. And that's if the prediction is correct, which is doubtful.

My gosh but your understanding of science is incredibly low for someone who claims to have been a "nuclear watch officer". I suggest you take a few classes on physics and you might want to toss in a history course that deals with the time frame of the LIA.

You are so amazingly uninformed that I am surprised you can even speak in anything other than a grunt.

Investing is solar power? Ummm.......that looks like it'd be pretty stoopid!!! Best stock up on generators, wood, winter parka's..........:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Is a mini ICE AGE on the way Scientists warn the sun will go to sleep in 2020 Daily Mail Online

" Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio were each record wet during June with monthly precipitation totals more than twice the 20th century average."

More rain than normal, and record cold temperatures.....but the Ice Pack is melting, and the rain forest is degenerating.

About the summer of 2001, I was helping a guy pinned under a tree. A large tree, in the woods....some distance from his house. As big as the tree was, and the way the tree alledgedly fell on him, and his time entrapped.....he was lucky he did not have any compartmentalization syndrome. I am a pre-hospital care provider.

June of 2001 was rainy. Very rainy. Carrying the patient from the location of the incident.....on a backboard, assisted by about 6 other people, I was wearing good clothes, and my brand new Asics Tennis shoes....that had only been wore probably two times before. My clothes become muddy and my tennis shoes were trashed. I ended up throwing them away if I am correct.

All I hear is "El-Nino" is going to destroy the world. Crops will become dryed out from no rain....or excessive rain will destroy them. The Antartic will melt and flood the world. On my I-phone, all the news I read is that the FBI is arresting Child Mollesters, Plane crashes in Nevada, Racial violence and murders of black people, Women poisoning their husbands, Cops shooting black people and teh racial violence that follows afterward. And another one ----> the world is going to end on July the 15th.

At work, all I hear is bad news......and more bad news. And anything that damages or destroys morale and working relationships with my co-workers.....whom are not in my department. All I hear is lies and misleading information - such as protocol and drug and narcotic changes ( I am in EMS / Fire - Rescue / Haz-Mat ). Plans and policy changes that make no sense to me, or have a legitmate purpose in my opinion - or policy, procedure and rules have been changed to create a hassle or discomfort in my department.....or to make me adn my department members angry or agitated ; and/or to elicit a response.

Weather - Work - News on my I-phone and televison, is most always....about 95% of the time.....disheartening.

Shadow 355

The ice pack is within the two decade normal variance. So no, it isn't "melting".

N_stddev_timeseries.png

You need a serious history lesson along with basic physics...

5 year delay my ass.. If the sun goes into a canceling disorganized overlap of two cycles where the northern hemisphere is pole opposite of the southern hemisphere it could take as long as 90,000 years to straighten out and become coupled again. IF this is what caused the Maunder and Dalton events, what we saw was a small hiccup compared to what a decoupled disorganized state could cause. If you took time to read the paper you would understand that this is a very dire prediction for the earth and a rapid on set of glaciation and a glacial phase of earths climate in response to the suns output.. GHG's wont do a dam thing for you.

IF this happens in even a hiccup ( 3 or 4 cycles long) your GHG's aint gonna do shit for you or slow it down.

Shadow 355

The ice pack is within the two decade normal variance. So no, it isn't "melting".

N_stddev_timeseries.png

I've been watching the slow down of melt as well. The ambient air temp for the majority of the region is below normal. only around cities and magical temperature monitoring stations is it warm. many privately funded and well sited stations are showing between 2-3 deg C lower than the government stations (except for US-CRN, which for the moment does not appear to be messed with) well above the UAH or RSS daily temp readings as well. It appears they have pulled out all the stops in order to get a doom and gloom reality for Paris. The empirical evidence however says "I call BS".

I am personally hoping Paris is snowed in during December.

What's a positive forcing? How would it a appear in a chart comparing CO2 and temperature over say 250,000 years? Can you point to an example of this imaginary "Forcing"?

vostok-ice-data.jpg

Can you point to the "Forcing"?

Last edited:

What's a positive forcing? How would it a appear in a chart comparing CO2 and temperature over say 250,000 years? Can you point to an example of this imaginary "Forcing"?

vostok-ice-data.jpg

Can you point to the "Forcing"?

The IPCC indicates a positive forcing as the secondary reaction to retained heat. IE; CO2 retains x amount of heat in our atmosphere and this causes water vapor to increase trapping more heat in the atmosphere.

There is one minor flaw to their theroy, its called the convection cycle which uses water to cool the earth. The same process they say will trap more heat and end up resulting in runaway temperatures will not allow the heat to build up and acts as a negative forcing which CO2 is powerless to stop. that increased water vapor just goes a little higher in the atmosphere and releases the heat to space, all without breaking a sweat.

To date we have not seen an increase in atmospheric water vapor or warming, but we have seen cooling and major ice growth.

The current EL Moki in the northern hemisphere is a great example of increased water vapor cooling the planet. Only some minor areas near the sea and up slope are warmer. The Continent in general is BELOW AVERAGE in temperatures. Canada is cooler, the Great Plains and Mid West are much cooler, etc, etc... Very interesting indeed.

My gosh but your understanding of science is incredibly low for someone who claims to have been a "nuclear watch officer".

Shall we go back to the veterans forum again? We've done that before. You didn't enjoy it, as the other vets here don't appreciate vet-spitters.

I suggest you take a few classes on physics and you might want to toss in a history course that deals with the time frame of the LIA.

The start of LIA precedes the Maunder Minimum by about a century. Therefore, those who understand the concept of "causation" see that the Maunder Minimum could not have caused the LIA.

But then, since you're such a self-proclaimed physics genius, please explain for us how the time-traveling powers of the Maunder Minimum work.

Siberia bakes with new record temperatures - and busy beaches

Our pictures show sun-seekers in Novosibirsk cooling off in the River Ob, and also at the 'Ob Sea', a huge artificial reservoir close to Siberia's biggest city.

The same scenes have been repeated over many time zones as summer came to the this vast Russian region.

'If it doesn't cool soon, I'll die,' said one beach-lover.

Weather experts said that Siberia, along with some other Russian regions, was between 4C and 6c hotter than usual in June. Such trends have been common in recent years, coupled with warmer winters in some regions, leading to claims of climate change.

Omsk beat its previous hottest temperatures, hitting 36C, while records were also set at seven meteorological stations in Novosibirsk region.

In Vengeovo, there was a temperature of 35.8 C degrees, compared with the previous high of 32.6 C. In Chistozersky district thermometers reached 37 C degrees, another record. In the city of Novosibirsk the air temperature was 31.5 C, and despite the beach scenes, it was not a record.

Russian HydroMeteoCentre reports that the first half of 2015 was abnormally hot in Russia and the record of average air temperature was beaten.

Guess your renewed little ice age better happen in a hurry.

Guess your renewed little ice age better happen in a hurry.

This thread as much as any I can think of displays clearly a complete disregard for scientific research by the committed AGW community.:up: To them, the sun is of no consequence in terms of the climate.:up: No consequence........in fact, to the AGW community who ferociously cling to the established narrative, one would think the sun doesn't even exist.:up: Think about it folks..............somebody in these debates ONLY LIKES THEIR SCIENCE!!!!:gay:. To these people, ALL other science is bogus!!!

Agenda??

Naaahhhhh!!!!:funnyface::funnyface:

And as Ive pointed out.......projections of sun activity are far, far more predictable than predictions made by climate scientists in the past 20 years.

"We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public's imagination...
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts...
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest.
"

- Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports

The Green Agenda

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/atomic-bomb-blast-explosion-trollface-troll-face.gif.html][/URL]

LOL. This is a prediction from a model. Now models are useful, but seldom that accurate. If this model is correct, it will give us a chance to get our house in order in respect to the GHGs, if it is not correct, then business as usual will result in some unusual and unpleasant results.

That the sun might go into a Dalton Minimum in no way invalidates the fact that increasing the GHG load in the atmosphere will create warming.

LOL. This is a prediction from a model. Now models are useful, but seldom that accurate. If this model is correct, it will give us a chance to get our house in order in respect to the GHGs, if it is not correct, then business as usual will result in some unusual and unpleasant results.

That the sun might go into a Dalton Minimum in no way invalidates the fact that increasing the GHG load in the atmosphere will create warming.
and yet you can't prove back radiation. Just one experiment dude.

Forum List

Back