WELL...this is interesting: Brian Williams (NBC newscaster) admits lying

He over hyped it just like fox or MNSBC does.

People are human after all, I have not lost respect in Williams, in fact I gained more respect for him because he learned to be humble

He was scared shit less and learned how fearless our military is under fire.

They are trained well :)
You gained respect? A hahaha what a dumbfuck you are. He was scared for his life lol. He was SCARED FOR HIS JOB.

The so called apology didn't come till after vets called him out for being the fucking liar he is.

You rubes are too easy to dupe.

For those of you that can't make the connection of the thread....
Sharyl Attkisson's stories about Benghazi... now are they suspect OR as Hillary said "What difference does it make"???

Lies by omission are still lies. healthmyths lies by posting the words of Sect. Clinton out of context, a context which includes being grilled by a partisan member of Congress with an agenda.

OK Lets get Hillary's exact words OK???
In Context Hillary Clinton s What difference does it make comment PolitiFact Wisconsin
Clinton: Well, no, it’s the fact. Number two, I would recommend highly you read both what the ARB said about it and the classified ARB because, even today, there are questions being raised. Now, we have no doubt they were terrorists, they were militants, they attacked us, they killed our people. But what was going on and why they were doing what they were doing is still unknown --

Johnson: No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that -- an assault sprang out of that -- and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

Just what "context" are we looking for?
What the "difference" is WHY did 6 weeks before the election with bumper stickers like this:
Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 11.51.40 AM.png

was it SO important to blame a video and NOT terrorists when the message on the campaign trail was Terrorism is over..thanks to
Obama!

thing is that this 'lying Williams' guy is probably part of the lefty team .

Sharyl Attkisson's stories about Benghazi... now are they suspect OR as Hillary said "What difference does it make"???

Lies by omission are still lies. healthmyths lies by posting the words of Sect. Clinton out of context, a context which includes being grilled by a partisan member of Congress with an agenda.

In Context Hillary Clinton s What difference does it make comment PolitiFact Wisconsin
Clinton: Well, no, it’s the fact. Number two, I would recommend highly you read both what the ARB said about it and the classified ARB because, even today, there are questions being raised. Now, we have no doubt they were terrorists, they were militants, they attacked us, they killed our people. But what was going on and why they were doing what they were doing is still unknown --

Johnson: No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that -- an assault sprang out of that -- and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

What the "difference" is WHY did 6 weeks before the election with bumper stickers like this:
View attachment 36511
was it SO important to blame a video and NOT terrorists when the message on the campaign trail was Terrorism is over..thanks to
Obama!

That you can't understand the very words you posted simply proves you're a partisan hack. Did it matter who killed four Americans? Yes, but, the motivation for such an horrific attack is difficult to obtain even if the perps had been caught and interrogated. Given the reaction in the Muslim World, it was easy to suggest, state if you want, that the video was just such a trigger.

Can you prove it was not?

This interrogation of Sec. Clinton was simply political theater, not one ounce of substance would be learned, but it allowed for another hysterical Bleat: "BENGHZI!!" Just another emotional outcry like "Solyndra" or calls for Obama's Birth Certificate, College records, proof of his religion or one of Issa's witch hunts. You people ought to grow up.

Why would his lie about being on the flight draw more attention to the real heros?
Obvious attention whoring if you ask me.
Without him in the story, it would ony have been soldiers doing their job. His presence raised it to miracle status. They call it the obama affect.

View attachment 36511
Obama!

That you can't understand the very words you posted simply proves you're a partisan hack. Did it matter who killed four Americans? Yes, but, the motivation for such an horrific attack is difficult to obtain even if the perps had been caught and interrogated. Given the reaction in the Muslim World, it was easy to suggest, state if you want, that the video was just such a trigger.

This interrogation of Sec. Clinton was simply political theater, not one ounce of substance would be learned, but it allowed for another hysterical Bleat: "BENGHZI!!" Just another emotional outcry like "Solyndra" or calls for Obama's Birth Certificate, College records, proof of his religion or one of Issa's witch hunts. You people ought to grow up.
Seriously? The fact they were denied, and even had levels reduced, more security that may have kept them alive is nothing more than a talking point to you? The first Ambassador killed since 1979..

View attachment 36511
Obama!

Sept. 16: Libya President Mohamed Magariaf says on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” that the attack on the U.S. consulate was planned months in advance.

But Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, tells CBS News’ Bob Schieffer:
“We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.”
She says it began “spontaneously … as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo,” and “extremist elements” joined in the protest. (It was later learned that Rice received her information from the CIA.)

So the FIRST position on five network appearances by Susan Rice to save their political slogan "Osama is dead GM is alive"
6 weeks from the election that was counter to the Libya President's opinion was a video!

The Mother of Benghazi victim said: Hillary and Susan Rice told me “nose to nose” that the Mohammed video was to blame"
Mother of Benghazi victim Hillary and Susan Rice told me 8220 nose to nose 8221 that the Mohammed video was to blame Hot Air

Can't we all be at least thankful that upon exiting his damaged chopper Brian didn't have to sprint across the tarmac avoiding hostile fire like the courageous Hillary "Thighs" Clinton?

Wonder if he will ever do another story on "Stolen Valor" again?
Not only did he lie once, he lied again in his apology. The man has no credibility left.

Last edited:
I heard Hillary repelled a tank attack in Vietnam that was targeting Kerry while he was being interviewed by a mortally wounded Brian Williams.

Was that by broadcasting at high volumes a speech she made? That would be enough to drive away pretty much anyone.

Here's the timeline of the lie as it grew over the years.

"THE CHANGING STORY OF BRIAN WILLIAMS' 2003 CHINOOK FLIGHT
Since the 2003 incident, Williams’ Chinook story has been recounted countless times and gradually the reporter's role seems to have grown.

NBC reported the incident on March 26, 2003, with the headline, 'Target Iraq: Helicopter NBC’s Brian Williams Was Riding In Comes Under Fire.'

However when the incident was reported the next day by the New York Daily News it stated that a ‘chopper was hit and forced to land. Then the one carrying Williams landed.’

Three days later USA Today carried a similar report that stated: 'NBC's Brian Williams was stranded in the Iraqi desert for three days after a Chinook helicopter ahead of his was attacked by a man who fired a rocket-propelled grenade.

'The grenade just missed, but it forced the group to make an emergency landing. Luckily, a U.S. tank platoon was there and surrounded the helicopters, killing four Iraqis.'

In a 2007 entry from his blog Williams recounts how he was part of a ‘flotilla of four twin-rotor Chinook helicopters’.

‘Some men on the ground fired an RPG through the tail rotor of the chopper flying in front of ours.

'There was small arms fire. … All four choppers dropped their heavy loads and landed quickly and hard on the desert floor,’ he recalled.

By the next year Williams was claiming on his blog that 'all four of our low-flying Chinooks took fire.'

'The Chinook helicopter flying in front of ours (from the 101st Airborne) took an RPG to the rear rotor, as all four of our low-flying Chinooks took fire,' he wrote.

'We were forced down and stayed down -- for the better (or worse) part of 3 days and 2 nights.'

The tale takes a more dramatic twist during a 2013 appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman. By now Williams is recalling that two helicopter were hit - including his.

‘Two of our four helicopters were hit by ground fire including the one I was in,’ he told Letterman.

Then during his report on January 30, Williams once again told an inaccurate version of events so that now ‘the helicopter we were travelling in was forced down after being hit by an RPG.’

Brian Williams forced to admit he was NOT shot down in the Iraq War Daily Mail Online

Here's the timeline of the lie as it grew over the years.

"THE CHANGING STORY OF BRIAN WILLIAMS' 2003 CHINOOK FLIGHT
Since the 2003 incident, Williams’ Chinook story has been recounted countless times and gradually the reporter's role seems to have grown.

NBC reported the incident on March 26, 2003, with the headline, 'Target Iraq: Helicopter NBC’s Brian Williams Was Riding In Comes Under Fire.'

However when the incident was reported the next day by the New York Daily News it stated that a ‘chopper was hit and forced to land. Then the one carrying Williams landed.’

Three days later USA Today carried a similar report that stated: 'NBC's Brian Williams was stranded in the Iraqi desert for three days after a Chinook helicopter ahead of his was attacked by a man who fired a rocket-propelled grenade.

'The grenade just missed, but it forced the group to make an emergency landing. Luckily, a U.S. tank platoon was there and surrounded the helicopters, killing four Iraqis.'

In a 2007 entry from his blog Williams recounts how he was part of a ‘flotilla of four twin-rotor Chinook helicopters’.

‘Some men on the ground fired an RPG through the tail rotor of the chopper flying in front of ours.

'There was small arms fire. … All four choppers dropped their heavy loads and landed quickly and hard on the desert floor,’ he recalled.

By the next year Williams was claiming on his blog that 'all four of our low-flying Chinooks took fire.'

'The Chinook helicopter flying in front of ours (from the 101st Airborne) took an RPG to the rear rotor, as all four of our low-flying Chinooks took fire,' he wrote.

'We were forced down and stayed down -- for the better (or worse) part of 3 days and 2 nights.'

The tale takes a more dramatic twist during a 2013 appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman. By now Williams is recalling that two helicopter were hit - including his.

‘Two of our four helicopters were hit by ground fire including the one I was in,’ he told Letterman.

Then during his report on January 30, Williams once again told an inaccurate version of events so that now ‘the helicopter we were travelling in was forced down after being hit by an RPG.’

Brian Williams forced to admit he was NOT shot down in the Iraq War Daily Mail Online

He obviously attended the Dan Blather Communist/Progressive school of Journalism. What a wanka.

BREAKING NEWS: Elizabeth Warren is an Indian!!

Nah, just kiddin. She's just another lying Communist/Progressive wanker. ;)

What else has Brian Williams lied about over the years? How much other 'News' he reported were lies? Something to ponder i guess. But regardless, NBC is obviously no longer a trusted News source.

but really nothing new for the democratic national media, also known as the drive-by media, AKA as the main stream media, AKA as the hiding the facts Medial or the Not reporting certain news media.

Brian Williams Admits to Falsely Saying He Was Shot Down Over Iraq in 2003 UPDATED .

Says he was on a copter that was shot down in IRAQ. Uh uh..

And video...

Yeah that was stupid- he lied, he got caught, and he apologized.
American Idol Nation pretty much accepts anything, once the apology thingy is done.

I have mixed feelings on the apology issue- is a person better or worse if he has lied- and then apologized?

Because face it- no one apologizes until after they get caught. But I much more receptive to a sincere apology than a mealy mouthed one like "mistakes were made"
Fuck up, get caught, apologize.

It has gotten to be too routine.

What else has Brian Williams lied about over the years? How much other 'News' he reported were lies? Something to ponder i guess. But regardless, NBC is obviously no longer a trusted News source.
It hasn't been for at least ten years.

Forum List

Back