Welfare, not in the state of Texas

There it is, ladies and gents!
Once again every time minimum wage is discussed the "burger flipper" card gets played.
Did you know there are lots of minimum wage jobs that don't involve fast food?

And they all fall into burger flipper skill sets.
If you can teach someone to do a job in one day they aren't worth more than min wage.

Texas is 49th in the nation ... thus their motto "thank God for Mississippi" ...

Ha ha ha ... but yeah ... that does seem soft ... here in the Bluest of the Blue Oregon, if a welfare recipient receives $188 of income in a month, their next month welfare check will be $188 less ... dollar for dollar baby ... and you still have to make 20 verifiable job contacts per week ... God I got sick of having to answer the phone: "yes, [so-and-so] was here asking about work; no, I'm not hiring" ... but I am glad to help bust the folks cheating the welfare system ... most Oregonians are ... we'll give the poor free stuff, but goddamit don't you dare lie to us ...

One thing the OP didn't state was what the State of Texas is doing with the money they're saving on welfare payments ... my understanding is that there's only certain things the state can do, or risk losing that money ... Oregon uses this money for child support enforcement ... with more dead-beat parents being forced to pay their fair share of the child raising costs ... we have less poverty among our children ... just like the 1996 Welfare Reform Law was designed to do ...

Mothers are only 50% financially responsible ... why does government pick up the other 50%? ...

L.A has the most people on welfare in the country,not to mention the most homeless.

Well now that we have established you have a low IQ, I will try to talk to you in terms you may be able to keep up.
Who is responsible for a person...
IN THIS ORDER...
1) Themselves
2) Their families
3) Local community shelters and chartiable organizations
4) The Government
If you want to take those and rearrange them... that is perfectly fine. But you will be describing another country, not America.
In order for the primary responsibility of the poor to be fully burdened by the government - then you have to live in a nation that has 50% - 80% taxation. Only way to pay for all of that.
I suggest you move somewhere that has that kind of taxation/social programs so you can stop burdening your mom.
We have a safety net in this country, it just sucks compared to other countries. I know I know you'll be the first person in line for the government handouts when it's your time to be laid off. But until then, nobody should get any assistance until YOU do. Am I right, chimp?

We've all seen a man at the liquor store beggin' for your change
The hair on his face is dirty, dread-locked, and full of mange
He asks a man for what he could spare, with shame in his eyes
"Get a job you fucking slob, " is all he replies…

When they told you that... did you get a job?

We have a safety net in this country, it just sucks compared to other countries. I know I know you'll be the first person in line for the government handouts when it's your time to be laid off. But until then, nobody should get any assistance until YOU do. Am I right, chimp?

LOL...What makes you think he's going to need help?
I sure wont.

Forum List

Back