Welfare, not in the state of Texas

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

----------------------------------------
see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.

States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
--------------------------------------------
See what I mean, the republicans starve the kids.
Texas is not the worst state.

Last edited:
In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.

States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
See what I mean, they just starve the kids.
Hey idiot. Most of them are illegals over the years...lololol

I love your special kind of stoopid there P

Every state should adopt this.
Especially when there are jobs everywhere.
When it comes to taking care of temporary poor it should be...
1) Family first... before the government kicks in.
2) Community 2nd... local charities, churches etc.
3) The government

Also - Stupid people who can't afford themselves shouldn't be having one kid - let alone 3,4,5

snip

snip

Oh, cute. You Democrats have put over three million welfare cases onto Texas soil in the last 10 years and you're now turning your results into the faults for the trillion dollars Texans antied up to take care of your malice against us through corruption in precincts in other states that you control freaks control?

OH, yeah, baby. Point your long, crooked and vicious fingers at your victims. You're begging for an enemy who will smite you. You better clean up your criminal acts. And you better do it now while you have the chance.

Hellbilly
Not at all. I'm sick of paying freeloaders to sit on their ass at my and every other tax payers expense. I go to work every day and sure had no time off during the Covid adventure. I'm tired of paying for people who make stupid decisions and then expect everyone else to pay for their stupidity.

You should take in some of those welfare bums. Lets see how long it takes you to get rid of them. dumbass.

Hellbilly
Not at all. I'm sick of paying freeloaders to sit on their ass at my and every other tax payers expense. I go to work every day and sure had no time off during the Covid adventure. I'm tired of paying for people who make stupid decisions and then expect everyone else to pay for their stupidity.

You should take in some of those welfare bums. Lets see how long it takes you to get rid of them. dumbass.
If businesses would pay a livable wage there wouldn't't be a shortage of workers.
Dumbass.

snip

snip

No surprise coming from a state with one of the highest rates of teen pregnancies and lowest numbers of people with health insurance.

one of the highest rates of teen pregnancies

You say that like it's a bad thing ...

4070302034_13d2da97d9_b.jpg

Forum List

Back