Welfare, not in the state of Texas

In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

----------------------------------------
see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.

States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
--------------------------------------------
See what I mean, the republicans starve the kids.
Texas is not the worst state.
If you can't feed them, you should not be breeding them. ONly assholes do this and no they should not be getting welfare. Let the welfare states collect those shitheads that want to be on welfare having shitty kids like themselves...this is how CHICAGO was made.

all the republicans are on board and they don't care if the children have food or not.

they just pretend about the fetus in the womb.
That's why I am not a Republican.

I don't give a rat fuck about worthless shit spawn of worthless idiots, born or not.

KILL THEM ALL!!!!

Every state should adopt this.
Especially when there are jobs everywhere.
When it comes to taking care of temporary poor it should be...
1) Family first... before the government kicks in.
2) Community 2nd... local charities, churches etc.
3) The government

Also - Stupid people who can't afford themselves shouldn't be having one kid - let alone 3,4,5
This guy says people should rely on charities when they are down and out. You need to be locked in a cage you fucking dumb animal.

This guy says people should rely on charities when they are down and out. You need to be locked in a cage you fucking dumb animal.
Well now that we have established you have a low IQ, I will try to talk to you in terms you may be able to keep up.
Who is responsible for a person...
IN THIS ORDER...
1) Themselves
2) Their families
3) Local community shelters and chartiable organizations
4) The Government
If you want to take those and rearrange them... that is perfectly fine. But you will be describing another country, not America.
In order for the primary responsibility of the poor to be fully burdened by the government - then you have to live in a nation that has 50% - 80% taxation. Only way to pay for all of that.
I suggest you move somewhere that has that kind of taxation/social programs so you can stop burdening your mom.

Hellbilly
Not at all. I'm sick of paying freeloaders to sit on their ass at my and every other tax payers expense. I go to work every day and sure had no time off during the Covid adventure. I'm tired of paying for people who make stupid decisions and then expect everyone else to pay for their stupidity.

You should take in some of those welfare bums. Lets see how long it takes you to get rid of them. dumbass.
The bulk of the free stuff goes to people who look like you. Sorry to burst your little snot bubble.

In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.

States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
I know this comes to a shock to a communist antisemite like you, but Texas is good at keep costs down. So poor and the middle class love better there. Heck in LA, SF, DC or NYC you need to make $200k just to be able to afford a minimum lifestyle

I know this comes to a shock to a communist antisemite like you, but Texas is good at keep costs down. So poor and the middle class love better there. Heck in LA, SF, DC or NYC you need to make $200k just to be able to afford a minimum lifestyle
Absolutely...
Take Los Angeles - despite rent controls it is among the highest rent cost in America - $2543/mo.
Annnd... it has the highest number of illegal apartments in any other major city.
The only way 100,000s in L.A. can live in L.A. is renting illegal apartments. Many are single rooms, sharing bathrooms with other single rooms.
Garages made into makeshift apartments, back of stores, space above commercial properties that don't meet a single code.
Officials turn a blind eye to them. Because if they enforce the laws - these people would all be living on the streets.
And that is how liberals want to treat the poor - pretend they don't exist.

They keep costs down and freeze their asses off in the winter except for Ted Cruz who escaped to Cancun.

Benevolence programs are not provided for in the federal constitution. No reason they should be provided for in the Texas constitution, either.

snip

snip

Excellent. No free-loaders in Texas. No wonder everyone is moving there.

Millions of working Americans don’t know where their next meal is coming from. We sent three photographers to explore hunger in three very different parts of the United States, each giving different faces to the same statistic: One-sixth of Americans don’t have enough food to eat.

On a gold-gray morning in Mitchell County, Iowa, Christina Dreier sends her son, Keagan, to school without breakfast. He is three years old, barrel-chested, and stubborn, and usually refuses to eat the free meal he qualifies for at preschool. Faced with a dwindling pantry, Dreier has decided to try some tough love: If she sends Keagan to school hungry, maybe he’ll eat the free breakfast, which will leave more food at home for lunch.

Dreier knows her gambit might backfire, and it does. Keagan ignores the school breakfast on offer and is so hungry by lunchtime that Dreier picks through the dregs of her freezer in hopes of filling him and his little sister up. She shakes the last seven chicken nuggets onto a battered baking sheet, adds the remnants of a bag of Tater Tots and a couple of hot dogs from the fridge, and slides it all into the oven. She’s gone through most of the food she got last week from a local food pantry; her own lunch will be the bits of potato left on the kids’ plates. “I eat lunch if there’s enough,” she says. “But the kids are the most important. They have to eat first.”

Chances are good that if you picture what hunger looks like, you don’t summon an image of someone like Christina Dreier: white, married, clothed, and housed, even a bit overweight. The image of hunger in America today differs markedly from Depression-era images of the gaunt-faced unemployed scavenging for food on urban streets. “This is not your grandmother’s hunger,” says Janet Poppendieck, a sociologist at the City University of New York. “Today more working people and their families are hungry because wages have declined.”

So if all these people are starving...LA being the worst of them all,why aren't they looting grocery stores instead of the hair weave places and best buy?

Forum List

Back