Weather Patterns - A Discussion

I love the circular logic... You want me too but your exempt... Tell me, has the "I'm stupid' stamp on your head worn off?

Lol. Circular logic. Like claiming to be a physicist without proof (because there is none) while demanding others do so. By Billy's logic we can all be physicists by just saying it.

You are a fraud.

See how he avoids the topic by pushing a series of off topic nonsense the turd isn't here to discuss weather patterns.

Sunsettommy is still l stinging over the fact he could not recognize the data he was the demanding was already in hand. The hypocrisy of 'off topic nonsense' when rather than discuss the data he wanted to steer the convo to whether an HTML link existed or not and then runs off and lies about putting someone on ignore. OK.

Back to topic..

As I posted earlier, current weather patterns are being directly affected by sea surface temperatures. The ENSO (Equitorial North South Oscillation) drives temperatures and weather pattens. This is directly coupled with the Suns output and heating to depth of our oceans. Specifically, the downwelling solar radiation in the 0.2-0.6um region.

The ENSO can change global surface temperature by as much as + or - 3 degrees Celsius. (about 12 deg F). This is the range of earths normal long term climatic cycles (climate).

This is why, I contend, what we are seeing is simply earths natural cycles with very little influence from man. This is also how our short term weather patterns change so rapidly. The energy on the surface of the ocean is 72% of the earths surface. anything that can influence that will cause change in weather patterns.

I am going to dispel the myth that storms are getting worse or stronger. The Accumulated Cyclonic Storm Energy (ACE), is still at record low levels. It is the troughs, created by the jet streams, which allow storms to sit longer and cause flooding in small regions. The over all storm energy has not increased.

Last edited:
To stop the "back-radiation" BS before it starts, anything with a wavelength above 1.2um cannot penetrate the ocean's surface beyond the first ten microns and cannot warm it. Evaporation in the region defeats this energy as the layer just below this region is cooler. The energy cannot defeat this thermocline barrier. CO2 radiates at 12.0 to 16.1um and it is incapable of warming the oceans.

Last edited:
My last two posts deal with physical attributes of the matter itself or the historical patterns of the ENSO that are involved. Those scientific facts are easily verifiable.

Why is it we cannot model our weather with any reliability?

The trough on the hot side of the polar and equatorial jets (in yellow) is what caused massive flooding last week in Yellowstone and surrounding areas. It is very slow moving and the reason the plains are now looking a flooding as it moves slowly east.

View attachment 660111

As the world cools these troughs, created by the jets, are what give us our major floods and snowfalls. The polar jet has not moderated this year. I fully expect winter to be here very early and it to be a very hard and cold one with snow. The current weather patterns we see today, if they continue through the fall, will create these major snow events.
It was these troughs that created massive snows in the 1930-1970's. They are back for the foreseeable future. With these troughs being so pronounced now, it is very likely we will see a return of those major snows this winter.

These troughs have been steadily getting more pronounced over the last 9 years.

Last edited:
Lol, 'question the science, be skeptical, do fall to bias', except when it comes to Billy_Bob's imaginary credentials that everyone just accepts that no one has actually seen.
So? Don’t accept it. But that’s not what you wrote, stupid. You ignorantly labeled him as a fraud. You not believing his credentials isn’t the same thing as him not having them. You dope.

So? Don’t accept it. But that’s not what you wrote, stupid. You ignorantly labeled him as a fraud. You not believing his credentials isn’t the same thing as him not having them. You dope.

Billy_Bob's 'credentials' are a complete matter of belief (fantasy, really) and only 'exist' simply because you believe them to exist. Unless you've seen them (you haven't and no one else on these forum or any of the forums he's posted over the years has).

Billy_Bob's 'credentials' are a complete matter of belief (fantasy, really) and only 'exist' simply because you believe them to exist. Unless you've seen them (you haven't and no one else on these forum or any of the forums he's posted over the years has).
They either exist or don’t exist independent of your disbelief and independent of whether he has shown them to you or has any need to do so.

You have yet to refute any of the science presented. All you have done is whine and make accusations that you cannot support. Disprove what I have demonstrated with evidence or STFU. I owe you nothing.

IT can't because IT doesn't have any viable form of critical thinking in IT.

You will get the same type of reply from IT.

It is what it is. When they have no ability to discuss things intelligently, they go straight to discrediting people and the realm of personal destruction. It is the only thing they have left.

I am in several forums Three of them full of leftists who can't utter a coherent argument in favor of AGW claims anymore as they have realized their case is too weak and have vanished, all we get now are the bottom CO2 sniffing feeders left who are like children posting a lot of fallacies and lies.

I bet Joylessbeard has no idea what the TWO parts of the AGW is about.

You have yet to refute any of the science presented. All you have done is whine and made accusations that you cannot support. Disprove what I have demonstrated with evidence or STFU. I owe you nothing.

You mean you haven't refuted that your claim of a being whatever type of physicist du jour is nothing other than total horseshit. There's no empirical data to back that up.

Forum List

Back