We would have defaulted no thanks to Biden

catatomic

Gold Member
Nov 28, 2012
Friday of last month we were told the debt could default on June 1.

They came up with a deal that day. They printed it the next. The house had to have 72 hours to look at it. The house voted in one day. The senate voted in one day, without sending it back to the house. It takes at least one day to get it to the president.

So we would have defaulted if the deadline hadn't been pushed until June 5.

No thank you Brandon.

They came up with a deal that day. They printed it the next. The house had to have 72 hours to look at it. The house voted in one day. The senate voted in one day, without sending it back to the house. It takes at least one day to get it to the president.

No thank you Brandon.
I was not one of the trumpian or Desantis minority supporters that wanted the US to default on debts, we had already agreed to pay by acts of congressional budgets under Republican and Democratic administrations. It was a workable compromise, that was needed, unless really in favor of shooting craps with the economy for (only possible) political gains, but most likely loss and disruption. I am glad it is behind us now.

Going into default is a kin to bankruptcy... when people file for bankruptcy that is when they begin to put their life back on track and pay their debts after reorganizing payments and interest rates...
That would be the best thing that could happen to the government and our nation.... the only bad thing about it is not bad at all... it would mean the end of all political careers of the people responsible for the ever increasing debt.... and that's a plus....
The media spun this default like it would hurts us all... that's BS....

Default will happen one day... better to have it take place now then down the road as it will get worse....

No thank you Brandon.
We need to default.... unfortunately it would be a total system collapse...no telling what would happen.
Closed grocery stores, no federal paychecks at all, power producers would need to shut off the grid....
It wouldn't be good.

Jo

We need to default.... unfortunately it would be a total system collapse...no telling what would happen.
Closed grocery stores, no federal paychecks at all, power producers would need to shut off the grid....
It wouldn't be good.

Jo
I am no expert but I can't see it being like that.... we would have to reorganize the debt and the government would have to reorganize what they spend money on.... if they make it harder on us than necessary for effect we would see it and a revolt would happen....
We need to go through this to stop the uncontrolled spending....
Its the only way we can curtail them... its our money not theirs after all....

No thank you Brandon.

Last I checked we have a divided government. That means they work together to broker a deal. It doesn't mean the party you don't like automatically has to capitulate to the one you do.

The bottom line is we never should have been in this situation in the first place and both parties are to blame for us getting here.

I am no expert but I can't see it being like that.... we would have to reorganize the debt and the government would have to reorganize what they spend money on.... if they make it harder on us than necessary for effect we would see it and a revolt would happen....
We need to go through this to stop the uncontrolled spending....
Its the only way we can curtail them... its our money not theirs after all....
Hope you're right.

Last I checked we have a divided government. That means they work together to broker a deal. It doesn't mean the party you don't like automatically has to capitulate to the one you do.

The bottom line is we never should have been in this situation in the first place and both parties are to blame for us getting here.
But the deal they broker fixes nothing.... it never changes.... the debt will continue to grow.... then what?....

Another reason the Democrats have no place in this world. Of course, Mitch McConnel and his supporters need to leave with the Democrats.

I talked to teenagers from my boy's school that thought if we defaulted that we would be plunged into the worst depression, resulting in people starving to death overnight. Who fills children with these lies and distortions.

Another reason the Democrats have no place in this world. Of course, Mitch McConnel and his supporters need to leave with the Democrats.

I talked to teenagers from my boy's school that thought if we defaulted that we would be plunged into the worst depression, resulting in people starving to death overnight. Who fills children with these lies and distortions.
Well...it wouldn't be the next day....but...if it dragged on for a few weeks we could see something apocalyptic yes.

Government schools.... or propaganda camps....

If we had a fair and unbiased media, we could have possibly passed a sensible debt limit package. But as long as the media is in lockstep with Democrats, you can count on this insane spending to continue and for the media dickheads to do everything they can to blame Republicans.

If we had a fair and unbiased media, we could have possibly passed a sensible debt limit package. But as long as the media is in lockstep with Democrats, you can count on this insane spending to continue and for the media dickheads to do everything they can to blame Republicans.
Our media is broken... beyond repair...

Forum List

Back