We Were Wrong.....

So liberals do wish saddam was still in power torturing and murdering people?

Watch now....as we witness the great liberal dance.

I call it the "left wing two step."

They are glad saddam is not around but......

Saddam was contained and was not a threat to anyone

We ended up with over 100,000 dead Iraqis, Saddam would not have killed that many. They are still at war ten years later

It cost us 5000 dead, tens of thousand wounded and 2 trillion dollars that could have been better spent on helping Americans

Last edited:

We ended up with over 100,000 dead Iraqis, Saddam would not have killed that many.

It cost us 5000 dean, tens of thousand wounded and 2 trillion dollars that could have been better spent

Further, Saddam represented a military and strategic counter-balance to Iran and a firewall against Al Qaeda, two absolutely critical qualities, whether we liked him or not.

So now here we are, with the law of unintended consequences laughing right in our face, again.

We ended up with over 100,000 dead Iraqis, Saddam would not have killed that many.

It cost us 5000 dean, tens of thousand wounded and 2 trillion dollars that could have been better spent

What we got was not worth what it cost and there is a pretty rigid no refund policy in place for invasion and occupation.

Damn...I guess Montana newspapers have finally come to their senses...

Newspaper: ‘We Were Wrong’ To Endorse Obama; He’s Even Worse Than George Bush

The Billings Gazette, a Montana newspaper that endorsed Barack Obama over John McCain in 2008, admitted Friday that it was wrong. It appears that the unraveling of Iraq is the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back.
Obama, the paper said, is even worse than George W. Bush:
“[W]e were wrong. We said things couldn’t get much worse after the sub-par presidency of George W. Bush. But, President Barack Obama’s administration has us yearning for the good ol’ days when we were at least winning battles in Iraq.”
Here’s what the paper wrote about Obama in 2008:
“At this extremely challenging time, America needs a uniter, not a divider. In this economic turmoil, America needs a thoughtful, cool-headed optimist who envisions a bright future for all citizens.
After several years in which worldwide respect for America has been diminished, our great nation needs a new leader who can inspire confidence at home and abroad.”
A “uniter, not a divider” who could restore “worldwide respect for America”? LOL.
“Obama is that leader. As Gen. Colin Powell said last week, Obama is the president America needs now ‘ecause of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities. … He has both style and substance.’”
After painting his opposition as “enemies” for 5 ever-more polarizing years, it’s clear that this couldn’t be any further from reality.
If you’re one of the people who voted for Obama in 2008, 2012 or both and now regret it, The Billings Gazette officially feels your pain. Finally.

Why do we want to be winning battles in Iraq? We should never have invaded that country to begin with.

i agree, but the progressive liberal congress at the time insisted (actually forced) GW Bush to attack due to the WMD situation where Saddamn was killing his own countrymen.

today those same assholes, and the libertools on USMB are saying, "it's Booooooosh's war"..., lying scumbags. :up:

The Billings Gazette, a Montana newspaper that endorsed Barack Obama over John McCain in 2008, admitted Friday that it was wrong. It appears that the unraveling of Iraq is the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back.
“[W]e were wrong. We said things couldn’t get much worse after the sub-par presidency of George W. Bush. But, President Barack Obama’s administration has us yearning for the good ol’ days when we were at least winning battles in Iraq.”
“At this extremely challenging time, America needs a uniter, not a divider. In this economic turmoil, America needs a thoughtful, cool-headed optimist who envisions a bright future for all citizens.
After several years in which worldwide respect for America has been diminished, our great nation needs a new leader who can inspire confidence at home and abroad.”
A “uniter, not a divider” who could restore “worldwide respect for America”? LOL.
“Obama is that leader. As Gen. Colin Powell said last week, Obama is the president America needs now ‘ecause of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities. … He has both style and substance.’”
After painting his opposition as “enemies” for 5 ever-more polarizing years, it’s clear that this couldn’t be any further from reality.
If you’re one of the people who voted for Obama in 2008, 2012 or both and now regret it, The Billings Gazette officially feels your pain. Finally.

Why do we want to be winning battles in Iraq? We should never have invaded that country to begin with.

i agree, but the progressive liberal congress at the time insisted (actually forced) GW Bush to attack due to the WMD situation where Saddamn was killing his own countrymen.

today those same assholes, and the libertools on USMB are saying, "it's Booooooosh's war"..., lying scumbags. :up:

All I can say is........:lol:

What a stupid newspaper editorial staff. Iraq was an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation - why is that so hard to accept? Is Montana now becoming another one of America's stupid states? Excellent piece below, and check out the veteran's op.

The Philosopher's Stone: IRAQ -- PART ONE

"With Iraq's Sunni insurgents taking over increasing amounts of territory, and with splits among Shiite factions in the country, I called up Thomas E. Ricks, the Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter who became well known for his work covering the war in Iraq. Over the course of numerous newspaper articles and two books, Ricks traced the conflict from its beginning all the way until the American withdrawal. Currently the National Security advisor at the New America Foundation, he also writes the blog The Best Defense for Foreign Policy magazine."
An Interview With Tom Ricks on the Crisis in Iraq: How Bad Can It Get? | New Republic

"The Wikipedia says Operation Iraqi Freedom started on the 20th of March, 2003, which is just another reason why you shouldn’t believe anything you read in the Wikipedia (don’t, just don’t). That’s not correct, the war began a day earlier. See, I was there on the night the war really started, at precisely 2200 hours, on the 19th of March in the Northern Arabian Gulf. I was there when US Navy SEALs and Polish GROM stormed the MABOT and KAAOT oil terminals a full day before Saddam Hussein discovered that his time was finally up. In point of fact, I had arrived there four months before, a few days before Christmas in December of 2002. From the day of my arrival (and before that really) to the day the war started, and for months after, I was a Navy intelligence officer working in support of the invasion force. There’s not much I don’t know about the events leading up to war and the aftermath of the invasion.
Absolutely Nothing: A Veteran’s Savage Indictment of the Iraq War | Americans Against the Tea Party
^The Obama Fluff is strong in this one.

Bloomberg News reports stock in the Obama Kneepad Company is at an all time high

I am trying to understand why liberals who supposedly stand up for the tortured, oppressed and down trodden always seem to wish saddam was still around.

This country did not "invade Iraq" and I am still waiting for liberals to explain to me why Obama never called for an independent investigation into Bush and Cheney. Liberals, like you, always say Bush is as guilty as hitler. Get that? Guilty as hitler. One liberal (rightwinger) said the reason Obama did not conduct an investigation was the same reason Gerald Ford did not conduct one into Nixon. That means to rightwinger, the spying on a handful of democrats is akin to mass murder. Which, liberals not only say Bush is as guilty as hitler, they also say he targeted Iraqi civilians and killed millions.

Do you follow that? I doubt it.

So, let us know when Bush gets charged with high war crimes by the UN (who independently investigated Iraq and determined they violated at least 17 resolutions and voted unanimously to LIBERATE Iraq from saddam.)

Too bad so sad for the morons on the left who insist it is so obvious Cheney and Bush cooked up all of this terrorism stuff for oil. Hell, we already know the morons on the left are truthers.

They still think Bush started TWO unwarranted wars. I think they still think the war on terror is a myth. For the ones that supposedly don't, they were stupid enough to believe the war on terror was isolated getting one person and one organization. Osama and al aqeda.

Have those morons noticed that bin laden has been dead for nearly 3 years, and al qaeda is on the run (according to obama...remember) and there are still mass terror killings?

Oh never mind. Liberals will not get it. They will stick with their bullshit and all of the irrational rantings with out proof.

It's easy to understand once you realize that Liberals are zombie sheep and in desperate need of having someone in power to run their lives on a 24/7/365 basis.

Look at their love of Stalin! FDR called him "Uncle Joe" right after he starved 3 million children to death.

We ended up with over 100,000 dead Iraqis, Saddam would not have killed that many. They are still at war ten years later

It cost us 5000 dead, tens of thousand wounded and 2 trillion dollars that could have been better spent on helping Americans

Not according to the UN independent security council that voted unanimously to have him removed for violating 17 resolutions.

He was torturing and murdering still and that was according to defectors. Including his two son in laws who he had executed.

Not to mention the murderous exploits of his sons.

Go ahead and continue to not understand the fullness of what we are fighting in this war on terror. Go ahead and think it was isolated to one man and one group.

That way you and the rest of the ignorant boobs on the left can make yourselves feel comfortable blaming Booooosh for the terror attacks now even though bin laden is dead and al qaeda is "on the run."

Naive ignorant asses continue to demonstrate how and why a 911 happened and why it will happen again.

Last edited:
The Billings Gazette is correct

They were wrong to endorse Obama. McCain said he would keep us in Iraq for 50 years. If McCain were President, we would still have troops in Iraq. We would be losing 4-5 soldiers a week, but Iraq would be policed.

If that is what you wanted, you would be better off with McCain/ Palin

Once again you are oh so close to being right, it was Bush who said 50 years, McCain said 100. Not that he said he expected it to take 100 years but that it COULD be 100 years. So what happens? Both Obama and Hillary attack the President, you know in a time if war, and McCain.

Here is what McCain said:

"It's not a matter of how long we're in Iraq, it's if we succeed or not," McCain said to CNN's Larry King.

"And both Sen. Obama and Clinton want to set a date for withdrawal -- that means chaos, that means genocide, that means undoing all the success we've achieved and al Qaeda tells the world they defeated the United States of America.

Seems as if he has been proven correct.

They were wrong to endorse Obama. McCain said he would keep us in Iraq for 50 years. If McCain were President, we would still have troops in Iraq. We would be losing 4-5 soldiers a week, but Iraq would be policed.

Once again you are oh so close to being right, it was Bush who said 50 years, McCain said 100. Not that he said he expected it to take 100 years but that it COULD be 100 years. So what happens? Both Obama and Hillary attack the President, you know in a time if war, and McCain.

"It's not a matter of how long we're in Iraq, it's if we succeed or not," McCain said to CNN's Larry King.

"And both Sen. Obama and Clinton want to set a date for withdrawal -- that means chaos, that means genocide, that means undoing all the success we've achieved and al Qaeda tells the world they defeated the United States of America.

The far left would much rather see the world burn than admit they were wrong!

McCain was also for campaign finance reform, so why did so many vote for Obama and against Campaign finance reform?

Fuck the Billings Gazette and the rest of the media. While I am no big fan of the President, I am even less of a fan of the media that all but refused to take a good deep look at Obama when he was a candidate.

I agree to the extent that, when taken in total, the media has been licking this assholes boots since day one. Now that 76% of the American people are telling the media that the IRS and Obama are crooks and thieves, they are FINALLY starting to wake the hell up.

Let's face it. If something isn't done about the IRS and this crooked administration, the media in America is done. There is NO trust between America and this administration any longer and there is almost as little trust between America and the "so-called" watch-dog media.

The far left would much rather see the world burn than admit they were wrong!

McCain was also for campaign finance reform, so why did so many vote for Obama and against Campaign finance reform?

This "scorched earth" crap started with Billy Bob Clinton and his miserable Wife. This time, however, America has had enough. There are now calls to defund the IRS until they produce the Emails. Will it happen? No. However, the clown-assed politicians are beginning to understand that a "sleeping giant" (the American people) have awakened and they are pissed.

I see once again that any critique of Obama turns into a diatribe about Iraq. OK, we got it, you don't think that removing a sadistic dictator like Saddam was worth it in Iraq but you do in Syria, Libia, and of course the Balkans. You don't think that the freeing millions of Iraqis so they too can have the freedom to vote is worth it, got ya. You didn't much care about Saddam's sons and their torture chambers, OK then. You think it was all about oil yet I don't see where we stole a drop, should have, didn't.

That said, I would have voted no for war but what the hell do I know? I am glad that the war didn't cause a huge disruption in the world economy. If anything it stimulated the US economy. Had we bombed the crap out of Saddam he would have done what he did in Kuwait and blew up his oil fields, and quite frankly I am addicted to oil, I like the stuff and I don't want to mortgage my house to be able to drive to work.

The president of Iraq wanted us out, made a big deal of it, we left to give our puppet some legitimacy, he thanks us for setting him up by fanning the flames of sectarian conflict and now he wants us back. Fuck him, and fuck anyone who wants to help him retain power.

Oh fuck off on the Maliki wanted us out bullshit. Blew it out of the water early on so you are either an ignorant son of a bitch or a pathalogical liar.

Iraq wanted a stable force to keep the country safe. Obama refused. Made the draw down to 3000 instead of the 20000 requested.

Now it turns out that you have fucked up on giving air support not only requested but by the Iraqi government begging for the purchase of fighter planes.

Guess who is helping Iraq now? Russia. Russia is going to supply the planes.

Damn I thought the cons had come to their senses and were ready to apologize for Bush.

Oh well...

Apologize...? Are you kidding? If Bush had run in 2012, I would have voted for him again, over Obama.

You crazy!

Yep. I would have voted for Bush again, rather than the ass-clown Obama. Hell, I would have voted for ANYONE rather than that pimp Obama.

Forum List

Back