We should raise the voting age requirement.

The prefrontal cortex of the brain, which controls judgement, does not fully develop in humans until ~25 years of age.

I think a voting age at least 25 is reasonable.

I wonder if that is why that is the min age to rent a car?

To 22.

Rationale:

When the Constitution was written people were getting married at 18 and starting families shortly thereafter. By 25-26 people were considered mature adults. These days kids can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26. I would still keep it at 18 IF these persons serve in the military. Otherwise I would raise it to 22. Fact is most young people lean very left. This is because they live cushy lives with their parents paying for everything and we have prologed this dependency adolescence now by allowing them to be on their parents insurance until they turn 26. Once people start getting jobs, career paths, having families, often times their political views change as well. They realize why it is important to have fiscal responsibility, strong education system for their kids, etc.

Thoughts?

Raise voting age then you raise legal drinking age and age for one to be accepted into the military.

the drinking age and the age to be accepted into the military should be the same age.

Why?

if you can give your life for your country you should legally be able to drink a fucking beer.

That sounds accurate and all...isn’t joining the military a choice? Are you saying that since an 18 year old can choose to join the military they must be considered good decision makers across the board?

...keep it at 18 IF these persons serve in the military. Otherwise I would raise it to 22...
The idea that a nation's voters are those who defend it is how it's been working ever since national voting was first invented.

Back in ancient Greek democracies only the swordsmen voted. At first. As time went on they let the wealthy vote too because more often than not they provided the swords. Likewise after WW I it was obvious women worked in the munitions factories back on the home front, so they had to get the vote. It was the Vietnam War that forced the voting age from 21 to 18.

Voting has to be done by those who make the vote possible, and voting by children and illegal immigrants is stupid.

we should change it back to the way the founders intended. Only white landowning men can vote. Imagine how much better everything would be!

How about only those that earn the right to vote by serving their country.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I am OK with that. More would serve then. Even if it is in the reserves, part time, etc.

well we cant let them get away with only doing the bare minimum cuz the left would find a way to exploit the system to get their valuable trannies and various assorted abnormal degenerate constituency counted

To 22.

Rationale:

When the Constitution was written people were getting married at 18 and starting families shortly thereafter. By 25-26 people were considered mature adults. These days kids can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26. I would still keep it at 18 IF these persons serve in the military. Otherwise I would raise it to 22. Fact is most young people lean very left. This is because they live cushy lives with their parents paying for everything and we have prologed this dependency adolescence now by allowing them to be on their parents insurance until they turn 26. Once people start getting jobs, career paths, having families, often times their political views change as well. They realize why it is important to have fiscal responsibility, strong education system for their kids, etc.

Thoughts?

Raise voting age then you raise legal drinking age and age for one to be accepted into the military.

the drinking age and the age to be accepted into the military should be the same age.

Why?

if you can give your life for your country you should legally be able to drink a fucking beer.

That sounds accurate and all...isn’t joining the military a choice? Are you saying that since an 18 year old can choose to join the military they must be considered good decision makers across the board?

Not when I was inducted.

we should change it back to the way the founders intended. Only white landowning men can vote. Imagine how much better everything would be!

Shit, I could go for that. Combined with being self funded and sane.
We must exclude the lost soul degenerates who joined for the programming and direction.

...How about only those that earn the right to vote by serving their country.
--the idea being that those who defend the nation are making national voting possible, .

The way it works is that service in the uniformed military is only possible if we've got defense plant workers --which is why these days everyone over 18 votes.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Why?

I am saying that you are an adult at 18 or you are not...it is that simple. Not more piecemeal adulthood.

I know many 50 year olds that are shitty decision makers, yet we let them drink and vote.

Shit, I could go for that. Combined with being self funded and sane.
We must exclude the lost soul degenerates who joined for the programming and direction.

Good to see you would be willing to give up your right to vote.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?
Limit it to landholding men without regard to age.

Adulthood needs to be set and then all things 'adult" need to be at that age.

at 18 one can legally sign contracts and die for their country, but they cannot drink or pay for a hooker, and now you morons want to make it so they cannot vote.

Yet you cannot rent a car until you're 25 and you missed the BOLD! I said if they serve it should still be 18.
Those are private corporations setting rental terms. There’s nothing in the law that prevents someone under 25 from renting a car.

You remain a dumbass.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?
Limit it to landholding men without regard to age.

Why only men?

They should cap the voting age at 70 years. After that, they no longer have the judgement to vote, and why should retired people not contributing to society get to vote?

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

I think the fact we have not had fiscal responsibility from our elected officials in longer than we have all be alive shows a flaw in your view that people find it important as they age. If that were the case then we would vote for such people, but we never do.

I do vote for such people but its too late. I leaned very left when I was younger and dumber so I just assumed money was always there. By the time I graduated college and got my first true job my political identity changed radically.

you might vote for such people, but the vast majority of people do not, even those over 25.

In my younger days I was a die hard, far right conservative. As I aged I became actually fiscally conservative and socially libertarian. I no longer think it is my place to tell other how to live their life.

We are seeing talk from some on the left about lowering the voting age to 16 so how many here if you could have voted at 16 would have followed national politics enough to really have an understanding of the issues or would you just have gone with whatever the popular theme of the moment was? I can tell you honestly at 16 following politics was not a priority for me.

Democrats and 16 YOs follow their idols in cults of personalities, not politics. They are easily led.

Thats hilarious.

And true.

Forum List

Back