We should be able to recall the President like California did it's governor

We aren't even supposed to be voting for a POTUS. It's supposed to handled by the state's legislative bodies to appoint electors to make that determination. We never should have allowed our federal government to change the rules. They have turned elections into vacuous beauty pageants.

I've been thinking about your post. I've long understood what you're saying to be fact but now, in this time, your post made me realize something else.

As Congress and the Courts try to change the laws to change the presidential election, the power is actually still in the state legislatures. The Constitution requires that the House, and unfortunately the Senate, too, be elected by popular vote. But the Constitution puts no such requirement for the electors for the presidential election. The requirement is only that the States appoint electors in a manner approved by the legislatures.

The Constitution of the United States of America said:
Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress; but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Change the law so that the legislature appoints the electors directly. Take the people and fake ballots out of it.

I've been thinking about your post. I've long understood what you're saying to be fact but now, in this time, your post made me realize something else.

As Congress and the Courts try to change the laws to change the presidential election, the power is actually still in the state legislatures. The Constitution requires that the House, and unfortunately the Senate, too, be elected by popular vote. But the Constitution puts no such requirement for the electors for the presidential election. The requirement is only that the States appoint electors in a manner approved by the legislatures.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress; but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Change the law so that the legislature appoints the electors directly. Take the people and fake ballots out of it.
The 17th Amendment needs to be repealed as well. The US Senate us supposed to be a road block, so that the legislature couldn't rob the treasury to buy votes and corporate donations. Until just after the Civil War, the Federal Government was an entity that had little power to do anything too offensive to common sense. You had real checks and balances. It wasn't perfect then either, but you didn't have collectivist sociopaths running for POTUS promising free shit. You didn't have people as stupid or malevolent as hitlary clinton, AOC, Fauxcohontas... fuck this would be a long list....

"People"... Like these assholes wouldn't be in government, and if they were someone else in government would beat the shit out of them.

1626473291717.png

The 17th Amendment needs to be repealed as well. The US Senate us supposed to be a road block, so that the legislature couldn't rob the treasury to buy votes and corporate donations. Until just after the Civil War, the Federal Government was an entity that had little power to do anything too offensive to common sense. You had real checks and balances. It wasn't perfect then either, but you didn't have collectivist sociopaths running for POTUS promising free shit. You didn't have people as stupid or malevolent as hitlary clinton, AOC, Fauxcohontas... fuck this would be a long list....

"People"... Like these assholes wouldn't be in government, and if they were someone else in government would beat the shit out of them.

View attachment 513572

Absolutely; the 17th Amendment was the beginning of the end. The Senate was supposed to represent the States and the House represent the people. We quit being a federal form of government and became a national government on the day the 17th Amendment was ratified.

Forum List

Back