We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

Well, you're right, it is not polio or small pox. But, we do need to be wise so we don't overwhelm the system.
Name somewhere over burdened

It is not unproven,just not accepted, there is a difference. What reason could you probably have to assume that this particular virus acts in other ways than every other virus known to man? Every virus when transmitted is fully capable of transmitting themselves fully virulent, meaning that transmission doesn't mean it loses it's potential. In this case, some people hardly notice other people come down with sever pneumonia.
You presentation does not address my main point and offers some I never made
That’s s Lib 101 trick that we recognize
What I did offer is the “excuse” that since the symptoms are mild or non noticeable in 80% of the cases then why is it presumed as fact and presented as fact that those 80% WILL transmit the virus to others for sure and that it will be more severe.
Really, you are accusing me of putting up a strawman? I'll tell you what, go on this board, on youtube... wherever you want . Find me one person left or right who has ever claimed that people who catch this are guaranteed to infect others more severely. I dare you since that's your accusation and since we are on the topic of strawman.
Not going g to do your homework and go thru 116 pages when I’ve been on this thread from the start. Perhaps you have not been fully involved in this thread so to dispute my contention you can review 116 pages and count the references to “the people who don’t know that had it or had it mildly will infect other people far more severely”
And that possibility corroborates your contention that the left claims it's a certainty? The possibility is my contention and as far as I know everybody's . It's also not my claim but yours, establishing the truth IS your homework.

I will also briefly touch on your other claim. Namely that left-wing fuddle numbers. Yesterday I had 2 OP's I answered about the differences between H1N1 and covid 19.In it I pointed out the actual mortality rate of H1N1 and lowballed the current COVID 19 number for the reason that the way Covid 19 manifests itself means the number will be high. In response someone on the right gave the total CONFIRMED number of infected in the US as a percentage of total population. A number that is meaningless in so many ways.

So far going to all threads it's the right that plays fast and loose in an attempt to make this thing seem almost benign. You are also seeing some people on the right now changing their tune as the reality sets in. In another week maybe 2 the full effects will become more visible.
320 million in the USA divide that into the number of cases gives one the percentage of Americans with it. You should go to school and learn you some math
People who have no money talking about how all bad it is and people who can’t do math trying to use math
Lib101

You presentation does not address my main point and offers some I never made
That’s s Lib 101 trick that we recognize
What I did offer is the “excuse” that since the symptoms are mild or non noticeable in 80% of the cases then why is it presumed as fact and presented as fact that those 80% WILL transmit the virus to others for sure and that it will be more severe.
Really, you are accusing me of putting up a strawman? I'll tell you what, go on this board, on youtube... wherever you want . Find me one person left or right who has ever claimed that people who catch this are guaranteed to infect others more severely. I dare you since that's your accusation and since we are on the topic of strawman.
Not going g to do your homework and go thru 116 pages when I’ve been on this thread from the start. Perhaps you have not been fully involved in this thread so to dispute my contention you can review 116 pages and count the references to “the people who don’t know that had it or had it mildly will infect other people far more severely”
And that possibility corroborates your contention that the left claims it's a certainty? The possibility is my contention and as far as I know everybody's . It's also not my claim but yours, establishing the truth IS your homework.

I will also briefly touch on your other claim. Namely that left-wing fuddle numbers. Yesterday I had 2 OP's I answered about the differences between H1N1 and covid 19.In it I pointed out the actual mortality rate of H1N1 and lowballed the current COVID 19 number for the reason that the way Covid 19 manifests itself means the number will be high. In response someone on the right gave the total CONFIRMED number of infected in the US as a percentage of total population. A number that is meaningless in so many ways.

So far going to all threads it's the right that plays fast and loose in an attempt to make this thing seem almost benign. You are also seeing some people on the right now changing their tune as the reality sets in. In another week maybe 2 the full effects will become more visible.
320 million in the USA divide that into the number of cases gives one the percentage of Americans with it. You should go to school and learn you some math
People who have no money talking about how all bad it is and people who can’t do math trying to use math
Lib101
BTW, no patients around me, or any in our hospital. Hmmm. Damn we be good

I don’t think they are going to be able to keep these low numbers suppressed beyond Tuesday or Wednesday

The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

Well, you're right, it is not polio or small pox. But, we do need to be wise so we don't overwhelm the system.
Name somewhere over burdened

None yet, I hope, but that does not mean it won't happen. After all, 4 months ago, no one had heard of Covid-19.

Local hospitals prepare for surge in coronavirus patients

I don’t think they are going to be able to keep these low numbers suppressed beyond Tuesday or Wednesday

We could if we took some simple steps, like washing your hands. What bothers me about the run on soap and hand sanitizer...why the hell weren't they using it during cold and flu season?

fk dude, even the doctors that come on the tv to give their updates. where the fk is their responsibility in all of this? Why didn't their hospitals reach out for supplies? WTF, throw over the fence and say hey the president didn't tell us? WTF. I'm done listening to nonsense from Dr.s that are politicizing this. it's almost everyone of them. They should be Offering advice recommendations, helping getting material for their local medical personnel not getting on tv and bitching that they need shit. Go fking get it. You know what they'll find, none was manufactured at a volume for the demand. And, that isn't trump's fault. The CDC's or anyone in the fed gov. Nope, the local hospitals set the volume based on their volume. they only maintained two weeks of inventory. Don't they have any responsibility to think about an outbreak? why is this only trump?
Its crystal clear to see, that you have COMPLETELY lost your cotton-pickin' mind.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
In the past the stupidity of JC456 and others like him/her was frustrating and funny at the same time. It is no longer funny.
It threatens to undermine our country. I truly wonder if they could be foreign agents.
We will get to the other side of this virus but the JC456's are making it more difficult and are undermining the US mandated response. They are ignoring the directions of their messiah, Trump. If they are Americans, they are traitors in the strongest sense.
I’m right here internet tough guy. Hey your rants are special indeed
Where is right here, Moscow, better yet Tehran? You are no American.
You wouldn’t know an american if you were in our country
I hope your treasonous actions are uncovered by the appropriate authorities and you pay the consequences of endangering our wonderful country.

Well at least there are a few things we can all agree is "under-reacting." ...

For much of this week, revelers continued to cram four and five to a hotel room, swarm beaches over hundreds of miles of coastline, and then gather shoulder-to-shoulder in bars and clubs – almost a model process for spreading contagious diseases...

Contumacious writes:
"Assuming that these spring breakers are not immunocompromised or malnourished they are doing NOTHING wrong..."
".... viruses do not like saline water, heat, sun, fresh air or alcohol..."

Every year the beaches are open, and some dumb drunken and roudy students "avoid viruses" by drowning, or require emergency services in local hospitals after overdosing. Locals understand this and local businesses do normally welcome the students. Normally there are few serious problems. But at this time of Covid-19 threat, our Republican Governor acted reasonably to protect his constituents and the nation and most students did not come or went home peaceably. But many others -- perhaps as irresponsible as you -- hung around sitting on sidewalks downtown getting drunk and throwing up on the pavement, until ordered to leave. Just patriotic Americans no doubt, "defending their rights and freedoms" .... at great risk to others.

You are not a scientist, nor am I. I don't presume to know exactly what every Governor or Mayor should do in this huge country. Any more than I know when Korea or Japan should or shouldn't close their auto factories or public cinemas. But your crackpot irrationality and selfishness, your arrogance and prejudice ... is crystal clear.

So , why did you choose the pseudonym "Tom Paine" - you must not be familiar with his biography.

While he declared war on King George the III - you on the hand would be kissing his ring or worse his ass

Tom Paine would be looking for the factual basis to declare that

" at this time of Covid-19 threat"

May I suggest that you stop desecrating his name a find some spineless cretin you really admire

1ebf6a4d94d4e0984e4fd68332069be2.jpg

The only thing that makes it novel are a couple proteins on the outer shell it still shares characteristics of other related Corona viruses

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
No, dope.
By definition a novel virus is new to humans. As it has never existed in the human body previously, humans have no natural immunity.

By definition it is a corona virus and related to all other corona viruses and differs from other corona viruses that infect humans like SARS by a very small sequence of its genome

In this case there is a specific protein projection on the virus that was not found in SARS but COVID 19 has a 96% genetic similarity to other know corona viruses

Mutation Which Makes Coronavirus Extremely Infectious

“The mutation could not be found in Sars, Mers or Bat-CoVRaTG13, a bat coronavirus that was considered the original source of the new coronavirus with 96 percent similarity in genes”

Irrelevant nonsense. It's a novel virus, dope.
No on has a natural immunity. Heard or otherwise.

Yeah it's novel in the sense that it it just a little different from other corona viruses. It is a mutation of a virus that has already been in existence. The differences do not have to be great but since it is a corona virus it's genome is very similar to other corona viruses so we have a starting place in the research for either a vaccine or a treatment

Every year the flu virus mutates and it is never the same as the year before so technically the new mutations of the flu virus are novel too but they are similar enough to past flu viruses

you really are thick

You are simply wrong. You are promoting erroneous information. You are part of the problem. Just stop.
Novel means new to humans. Period.

You're too dense to understand what I am saying.

be gone

Why does the media keep using incendiary and incorrect language like “surging infection rates”
The rates are Not surging, they are percentage or proportionally the same. The gross number of reported infected is increasing because the gross number of people being tested is increasing and the infection rate, or percentage, is remaining stable.
Counting On all Americans to be math illiterates is a Huge part of why we are under this bullshit overreaction

Why does the media keep using incendiary and incorrect language like “surging infection rates”
The rates are Not surging, they are percentage or proportionally the same. The gross number of reported infected is increasing because the gross number of people being tested is increasing and the infection rate, or percentage, is remaining stable.
Counting On all Americans to be math illiterates is a Huge part of why we are under this bullshit overreaction

The same reason when they put up a map of the country and they color an entire state red when there is only one person in that entire state who tested positive.

006% of the people in my state have been proven by lab tests to have the virus.

BFD

No, dope.
By definition a novel virus is new to humans. As it has never existed in the human body previously, humans have no natural immunity.

By definition it is a corona virus and related to all other corona viruses and differs from other corona viruses that infect humans like SARS by a very small sequence of its genome

In this case there is a specific protein projection on the virus that was not found in SARS but COVID 19 has a 96% genetic similarity to other know corona viruses

“The mutation could not be found in Sars, Mers or Bat-CoVRaTG13, a bat coronavirus that was considered the original source of the new coronavirus with 96 percent similarity in genes”

Yeah it's novel in the sense that it it just a little different from other corona viruses. It is a mutation of a virus that has already been in existence. The differences do not have to be great but since it is a corona virus it's genome is very similar to other corona viruses so we have a starting place in the research for either a vaccine or a treatment

Every year the flu virus mutates and it is never the same as the year before so technically the new mutations of the flu virus are novel too but they are similar enough to past flu viruses

you really are thick

You are simply wrong. You are promoting erroneous information. You are part of the problem. Just stop.

be gone

You're not saying anything worthwhile. You're arguing over the quality of trash.

Novel means one thing only. New to humans.

I guess the O/P feels pretty much like the stupid moron we thought he was.

90171717_10158047713707264_514338345334079488_n.jpg

I believe that the definition is wrong - COVIDIOT sounds more like the gullible who believes the unfounded hype.

you really are thick

be gone

You're not saying anything worthwhile. You're arguing over the quality of trash.

And I am trying to tell you that to be new to humans only a minuscule change in a virus is necessary you fucking dolt

It is idiotic to think that millions, possibly hundreds of million dead people, and many more who get sick would not harm the economy. Our RE-action is intended to prevent those deaths and illnesses. Yes , shutting the country down to quell this thing id doing damage, but it is short term damage, and we will quickly get back to normal when it passes . And you are wrong about 1918.

The economic effect of the 1918 influenza epidemic
Economic Effects during the Influenza Pandemic. The pandemic influenza during 1918, didn’t affect only the country socially but economically as well. Businesses were impacted from the decreased labor force as a result of the influenza. The increased percentage of the death rate was high and considered excessive.
The Influenza Pandemic Of 1918 History Essay - UKEssays.com

In addition, it is especially dispicable to suggest that those lives are expendable in the name of economic considerations. YOU migh be one of them.

Our RE-action is intended to prevent those deaths and illnesses

OK walk me through it - facts not conclusions.

HOW will someone who is not immunocompromised , malnourished and who does not eat bats will benefit from medical martial law.

Medical or scientific facts not conclusions

Looking more like 80% of infectees have it so mild or no symptoms.
Now lib panic peddlers are declaring that as a Bad Thing with the worst case assumption presented incorrectly as fact that those 80% will in turn infect others with a Far More Deadly effect.
Anthing that happens with or is discovered about this virus is immediately seized upon by the Hate Trump and Destroy USA as either negative or leading to another sure fire worst case scenario.

EXACTLY.

I get suspicious when places like Seattle Washington , that elected a socialist Councilmember Kshama Sawant., claim that they are the epicenter of the coronavirus infections in the US.
Why?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I like reports from those who are not conflicted by interest

Nursing Homes are always negligent but attempting to prevent liability

The CDC is in bed with Big Pharma

The Socialist/Parasitic Axis is always looking for handouts

And so it goes

you really are thick

be gone

And I am trying to tell you that to be new to humans only a minuscule change in a virus is necessary you fucking dolt

Which means nothing.
It's precisely that change that makes it so virulent. Humans have no immunity.

you really are thick

be gone

Which means nothing.

Actually most people do because most people who get it won't die

think about will ya?

you really are thick

be gone

Posts like this are why you're on my ignore list.

be gone

Which means nothing.

Actually most people do because most people who get it won't die

think about will ya?

You can't use Hutch Starskey and think in the same sentence. It won't compute.

Forum List

Back