We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

New York is getting creamed and I suspect it will only get worse there.

I am not sure what you expect when you have that many people living on top of each other (not being critical...just saying).

But, it seems most other states are doing O.K.
You do understand, don’t you, that if 10,000 out of One million New Yorkers tezt positive and two weeks later 40,000 out of Four million are positive there is NOT a media inspired quadrupling?
If you don’t I Will explain. It’s the same percentage, the “rate” of infection is Not Increasing. The sample size enlarged and the infected matched stride. Liberals try to present percentages and hard numbers as the same and when a bit more sophisticated they try to mingle or blend them.

I am not sure what you expect when you have that many people living on top of each other (not being critical...just saying).

You do understand, don’t you, that if 10,000 out of One million New Yorkers tezt positive and two weeks later 40,000 out of Four million are positive there is NOT a media inspired quadrupling?
If you don’t I Will explain. It’s the same percentage, the “rate” of infection is Not Increasing. The sample size enlarged and the infected matched stride. Liberals try to present percentages and hard numbers as the same and when a bit more sophisticated they try to mingle or blend them.

I get what you are saying. I am just not sure what point you trying to make.

Are you saying the reporting by New York if faulty ?

No, he is saying you should trust his gut feelings and AM radio hosts over scientists.

No.
What I am saying is that as more and more people get tested then the hard numbers will and are increasing but are doing so in the same proportional percentage.
Liberals are ignoring or misquoting that and are rolling out the default excuses beginning with “a lot of people have it mildly but are passing it onto others who get it much more severely” which is unknown and unproven but in line with the “worst case scenario” hysteria

No, he is saying you should trust his gut feelings and AM radio hosts over scientists.

I'll defer to his answer.

But thank you anyway.

No.
What I am saying is that as more and more people get tested then the hard numbers will and are increasing but are doing so in the same proportional percentage.
Liberals are ignoring or misquoting that and are rolling out the default excuses beginning with “a lot of people have it mildly but are passing it onto others who get it much more severely” which is unknown and unproven but in line with the “worst case scenario” hysteria

O.K.

Thanks for the clarrity.

I was reading from a site that just gives totals.

They had over half the 100 reported new deaths (which I assume are in the last 24 hours), so something is going on.

And I have always had a bit of a funny feeling about the early numbers based on the reporting vs. sample.

But that has been my concern all along and the reason I agreed with a statement about a different approach.

New York is stacked on itself so I would think they would be at a greater risk.

Wyoming...well that is an altogether different story.

You can’t use your own words to support your position so certainly don’t deliberately misconstrue and try to present mine

You can’t use your own words to support your position so certainly don’t deliberately misconstrue and try to present mine
Hmm, what I said is spot on.

No.
It is not unproven,just not accepted, there is a difference. What reason could you possibly have to assume that this particular virus acts in other ways than every other virus known to man? Every virus when transmitted is fully capable of transmitting themselves fully virulent, meaning that transmission doesn't mean it loses it's potential. In this case, some people hardly notice other people come down with severe pneumonia.

Last edited:

No.
It is not unproven,just not accepted, there is a difference. What reason could you probably have to assume that this particular virus acts in other ways than every other virus known to man? Every virus when transmitted is fully capable of transmitting themselves fully virulent, meaning that transmission doesn't mean it loses it's potential. In this case, some people hardly notice other people come down with sever pneumonia.
You presentation does not address my main point and offers some I never made
That’s s Lib 101 trick that we recognize
What I did offer is the “excuse” that since the symptoms are mild or non noticeable in 80% of the cases then why is it presumed as fact and presented as fact that those 80% WILL transmit the virus to others for sure and that it will be more severe.

With the appalling Senate scandal over coronavirus insider trading, it is no longer possible to deny it: we are governed by a caste of the unimaginably rich who don’t care if we live or die.

"On January 24, Sen Loeffler sat in on a private, senators-only briefing about the virus, which included Dr Anthony Fauci. Over the next three weeks, until February 14, Loeffler and her husband sold off between $1.275 to $3.1 million of stocks, while buying stocks in Citrix, a company that makes software for remote work."

Bear in mind that by February 12, a booming Dow Jones Industrial Average had hit a record high, with no signs of slowing down.

But even this is nothing compared to North Carolina’s Richard Burr, who has justifiably been thrust into the eye of the hurricane over congressional stock sell-offs. As ProPublica reported, Burr not only attended the same January 24 briefing as Loeffler, but, as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, was getting daily briefings about the virus’s spread. A day after the Dow Jones Average hit its all-time high, Burr made his largest stock sell-off in fourteen months, selling up to $1.72 million in shares, including as much as $150,000 invested in several hotel chains whose value tanked not long after. Burr didn’t buy any shares, either. As icing on the cake, Burr was one of only three senators to vote against the 2012 STOCK Act, which banned insider trading by members of Congress.

What makes Burr’s case particularly outrageous is that, unlike with Loeffler, we have evidence he was lying to the public about the threat of the virus. Despite authoring a February 7 op-ed assuring people the government was well-prepared to prevent a pandemic, twenty days later, in a meeting with his real constituents — a group of wealthy local industrialists who had donated more than $100,000 to his last campaign — Burr gave a very different message: that the virus was “much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history”; that “you may have to alter your travel” and that of their employees; that there would be school closures; that the military would be tasked with grappling with the health crisis.

Last edited:

No.
It is not unproven,just not accepted, there is a difference. What reason could you probably have to assume that this particular virus acts in other ways than every other virus known to man? Every virus when transmitted is fully capable of transmitting themselves fully virulent, meaning that transmission doesn't mean it loses it's potential. In this case, some people hardly notice other people come down with sever pneumonia.
You presentation does not address my main point and offers some I never made
That’s s Lib 101 trick that we recognize
What I did offer is the “excuse” that since the symptoms are mild or non noticeable in 80% of the cases then why is it presumed as fact and presented as fact that those 80% WILL transmit the virus to others for sure and that it will be more severe.
Really, you are accusing me of putting up a strawman? I'll tell you what, go on this board, on youtube... wherever you want . Find me one person left or right who has ever claimed that people who catch this are guaranteed to infect others more severely. I dare you since that's your accusation and since we are on the topic of strawman.

You realize that we never operate on that argument, right? We never operate on "if it saves one life" or anything even CLOSE.

Do you remember the flu year of 17-18? Do you realize we lost 60,000 people that year? Do you remember shutting down the economy like this? I sure don't

This isn't the flu. The Flu is treatable. This isn't.

Well that's wrong (not a big surprise)

There are in fact some treatments right now that show great promise but instead of starting large scale trials right now the government as usual is doing nothing
You're referring to Trump's do-nothing government, right?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

IDGAF who's government it is

ALL governments are full of shit for brains idiots like the ones in my state who think liquor stores are "essential" businesses along with lawn mowing and take out pizza

If you trust any of these idiots to look after your interests you are an even bigger idiot than the politicians

Funny when I said we had promising treatments you disagreed with me
No. I said we don't have any actual treatments for the virus yet. Because we do not. Promising treatments are not treatments. Nothing is "medicine", until its efficacy has been conclusively demonstrated.

Hopefully, soon, we will have treatment.

Seems like now is the time to drop that line of thinking.

Small studies have shown that a very well know very safe drug in combination with another very well known very safe drug were able to rapidly reduce the viral load of patients with COVID.
What studies?

Funny when I said we had promising treatments you disagreed with me
No. I said we don't have any actual treatments for the virus yet. Because we do not. Promising treatments are not treatments. Nothing is "medicine", until its efficacy has been conclusively demonstrated.

Hopefully, soon, we will have treatment.

Seems like now is the time to drop that line of thinking.

Small studies have shown that a very well know very safe drug in combination with another very well known very safe drug were able to rapidly reduce the viral load of patients with COVID.
Link?

I've provided links in this thread already if you can't find them then Google it

But the treatment has already worked
Sorry, but you don't know that. Causation must be established over correlation, and efficacy must be conclusively demonstrated over placebo effect, for a treatment to be deemed effective.

and it's not harmful
Forgoing possible effective treatment for ineffective treatment would be very harmful. Directing resources away from effective methods to ineffective methods would be very harmful. You're not thinking this through.
The only "thought ", if you can call it that, in these Trumpettes' skull is "must. defend. Trump."

A denier?
Correct, an embarrassing, ignorant, uneducated slob of a denier.

Are you really expecting me to feel shamed by some half-assed accusation thrown by a peabrain I don't respect enough to piss on if he were on fire?
Of course not retard, you don't even listen to career scientists.

President Trump, along with his point man on the Chinese Flu , Jared Kushner, have been making a lot of progress on this.

A lot of people have been following their President's suggestion to wash their hands and as a result, we have Zero cases in the Tremendous County of Mercer. Further, Trump's idea to use anti-malarial drugs is a tremendous one. It hasn't been proven effective yet, but conservative doctors will be able to prescribe it "off label" for their CV patients

I’m really impressed how you can post something like this. 3 weeks ago you don’t even believed Coronavirus existed and it’s a hoax.
Here you are. Name is Covid-19.

The malaria vaccine you are talking about is not Trump idea. IDEA? How does he know? Did he tried and tested it?

What is a conservative doctor?

Let me update your retardation.

ALL approved antibiotics.
ALL infections drug available.
ALL HIV/AIDS.

Doctors will not hesitate to use those meds to save the patients. There are no such thing as conservative doctors in a pandemic like this.
These bastards are so stupid its not even funny.

Forum List

Back