we need to repeal Obamacare and replace it with Medicare For All, my friends

Medicare was never meant to cover the whole population. Moreover, at the time it was instituted, the elderly didn't live a long as they do now. Medicare was meant to be supported by a younger working population but, that no longer applies today like it did decades ago. In fact, Medicare today is losing solvency. So, how is Medicare supposed to give 'free' health care to the total population of the U.S. if it can't stay solvent just serving a small fraction?
it all fell apart when Medicare was extended to those who never paid a cent into the system. It's no different than someone who has never worked going to your bank and taking your money out.

Medicare was never meant to cover the whole population. Moreover, at the time it was instituted, the elderly didn't live a long as they do now. Medicare was meant to be supported by a younger working population but, that no longer applies today like it did decades ago. In fact, Medicare today is losing solvency. So, how is Medicare supposed to give 'free' health care to the total population of the U.S. if it can't stay solvent just serving a small fraction?
it all fell apart when Medicare was extended to those who never paid a cent into the system. It's no different than someone who has never worked going to your bank and taking your money out.

Yes and now the Democrats want to totally destroy it.

Yes and now the Democrats want to totally destroy it.

See, the plan is to take the existing safety net, and have everyone jump in. All at once. What could go wrong?

Let’s see our elected reps craft some legislation and present proposals. This time let the American public know what’s in it before it becomes law.

Let’s see our elected reps craft some legislation and present proposals. This time let the American public know what’s in it before it becomes law.
we need to pass medicare for all so we find out what's in it!

it's inefficient to maintain private insurers — middle men who are sucking money out of the system to rake in profits

“I am a proponent of ‘Medicare for all,’" Harris said on Morning Joe. "Private insurance will exist for supplemental coverage, but under my vision of ‘Medicare for all,’ one, we will expand coverage, so that would include dental, it would include vision, it would include hearing aids, which is a big issue for our seniors and extremely expensive. Also this: listen the insurance companies for years have been putting millions of dollars into an advertising campaign and a lobbyist campaign that is trying to convince American families you need to have your insurance company to have your doctor. Well that’s a myth, and it’s a fallacy — 91% of the doctors in America are in Medicare, so you will not lose your doctor.”

we need to pass medicare for all so we find out what's in it!

I understand that, but the insurance lobby has too many members of Congress in its pocket. If PPACA could not even get a Public Option included, MFA is likely a non starter.

i clearly have a detailed plan and let me give ya a coupla details on that!

my plan would force everybody off of their insurance within four years to a new government-run plan which promises generous coverage with no co-payments, premiums, or deductibles. The only remaining role for private coverage would be to offer narrow coverage on services not paid for by the government plan — which promises to offer a broad array of medical benefits in addition to dental services and optical care.

I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me why I would want to support a program that leaves me without insurance and therefore, relatively quickly, DEAD.

Forum List

Back