We Need Government Healthcare Like Canada!

While this is true, you can get insurance that does have contracts with your doctor or facility. It might not be easy or cheap, but it can be done. With government monopolizing the industry, then you go where they tell you.

When I talk to Canadian drivers, the young and middle-aged people love their system. The older ones warned me about supporting the same in our country. So once it's there, you'll never get rid of it. Senior citizens (or any one group of people) would be the minority, so even a public vote won't get rid of it yet alone any politician or party. Now that I'm reaching that age, I fear healthcare rationing since it's the older folks that would suck up most of the resources and costs.
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for; well most of the time. The U.S. spends 4 times more per person on healthcare and nearly five times more per person on administration than Canada does. Assuming the US would adopt a system with such drastic reductions in healthcare cost is purely speculative and IMHO very unlikely. If Medicare for All is implemented in the US, it will be democrats that do it and as we are well aware, democrats tend be quite generous when it comes to spending federal dollars on social programs.

And I'm sure our grandchildren will be so thankful.

Look, you've made it clear you're a selfish prick looking out only for yourself and your immediates. Fair enough. You don't gaf about our grandchildren. Or you'd howl about spending on endless bogus illegal wars across the globe.

So when have I done that?

You do know that this country will eventually implode because of our debt, don't you? How is that being selfish?

Speaking of selfish, every other generation before ours tried to make this a better country for the next. How did we lose that value to the point we only care about ourselves and to hell with the people after us? Oh yes, now I remember, liberalism.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Imagine how financially sound our country would be had we only adhered to Madison's words.

My Medicare plan is great, beats the socks offa anything I was offered through pharma employers for decades. Sorry to hear about your personal financial situation relative to healthcare.

Your constitution also laid out how we were to go to war, we've paid no attention to that since WWII. A little consistency would go al long way in attempting to establish some credibility here Ray Ray. Your constitution is as inconsistent as the law is in america.

What's inconsistent about it? We haven't declared war on anybody since WWII.

There is already rationing of healthcare in the USA. Insurance companies won't pay for life extending treatments for the terminally ill. They're going to die anyway, but 6 months of additional life may come at a huge price tag. You're treatment is further restricted by networks.

I can walk into any hospital or doctor's office in Ontario and be seen at no cost to me.

Show us the facts! Do you honestly believe that tens of thousands of Canadians do NOT die while on your tortuously long waiting lists?

How can you say you see a doctor for free?

CostofCanadianHealthCare_zpseade7006-M.jpg

Sign in an emergency waiting room in Canada: Be grateful you have to wait. It means you are in no danger of dying. We thank you for your patience.

People don't die waiting for treatment in Canada because if you're really fucking sick, there are no waits or delays for your treatment. It's called "triage". You are assessed when you come the door by the Triage Nurse. My friend, who collapsed on the street, and went to Sunnybrook Hospital on the way home to get "checked out for pneumonia" on December 29th a few years ago, wasn't allowed to go home. They told her she had a very agressive form of cancer, and she started chemotherapy on January 2nd. She left Sunnybrook at the end of February, with her cancer in remission.

Last summer, I was terrified when my sister went to her doctor for a cough and he had her in for an MRI and a cancer biopsy within a week. I dropped everything to be by her side. Fortunately it wasn't cancer, but just the speed at which she was seen and tested was alarming. I am waiting for a knee replacement but my friend went to her doctor and asked for one and was operated on within a month. Of course she couldn't walk unassisted, and I can.

Americans pay nearly 35% of every health care dollar for administration and billing. So of your family expenditures of $14,000 on health insurance/medicare, $4,900 goes to administration - insurer pre-approvals prior to treatment, billing your insurers, and billing/collection of co-pays, filing and processing of claims.

In Canada, we have none of this. There are no pre-approvals on any standard treatments, and no waiting for pre-approvals. There are no third party billing companies, and no claims be submitted or rejected. All those layers of administration are eliminated. As is the insurance company profit margin.

I have an electronic swipe card I present when I go to the doctor, the phamacy, the dentist. I have never received a bill from the doctor or the hospital in my adult life, and I've had more than 5 major surgeries, a broken toe, a broken foot, three babies, and a heart attack. I'm waiting for knee replacement, which should be this year. I got in line early, so I can still walk without pain, and triage isn't a problem.
New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage
New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage

NEW STUDY? It is more than a decade old.

It seems to me the study (introduced by Harvard just as DumBama was trying to push Commie Care.) assumes that if people had healthcare insurance, they would go to the doctor more often. People don't avoid going to the doctor because of insurance, they avoid going because most people hate going to the doctor unless absolutely necessary.

Still soiling yourself Ray Ray? My Medicare is great, maybe they're picking on you.

Everybody that uses Medicare says it's great, but they only service the elderly and disabled. Folks have been paying into it the last couple of generations. When I started to work in the field, I was a kid, but my impression was government had more money they knew what to do with. I was in disbelief what kinds of things they paid for.

The system is not sustainable. It's going to be broke and become a major financial burden for our country. I can't see putting that problem in higher gear.

Canada couldn't afford the crappy healthcare they have if they actually had to defend themselves with an actual military, create new medical technologies and medicines.......we do all of that for them and....like the millenial living in the parents basement...bitch and moan about mom and dad being old and dumb....

Being the world police is an expensive position, but if somebody has to be the world police, think of who is strong and advanced enough to take our place if we don't want to do it any longer.

While this is true, you can get insurance that does have contracts with your doctor or facility. It might not be easy or cheap, but it can be done. With government monopolizing the industry, then you go where they tell you.

When I talk to Canadian drivers, the young and middle-aged people love their system. The older ones warned me about supporting the same in our country. So once it's there, you'll never get rid of it. Senior citizens (or any one group of people) would be the minority, so even a public vote won't get rid of it yet alone any politician or party. Now that I'm reaching that age, I fear healthcare rationing since it's the older folks that would suck up most of the resources and costs.
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for; well most of the time. The U.S. spends 4 times more per person on healthcare and nearly five times more per person on administration than Canada does. Assuming the US would adopt a system with such drastic reductions in healthcare cost is purely speculative and IMHO very unlikely. If Medicare for All is implemented in the US, it will be democrats that do it and as we are well aware, democrats tend be quite generous when it comes to spending federal dollars on social programs.

Look, you've made it clear you're a selfish prick looking out only for yourself and your immediates. Fair enough. You don't gaf about our grandchildren. Or you'd howl about spending on endless bogus illegal wars across the globe.

So when have I done that?

You do know that this country will eventually implode because of our debt, don't you? How is that being selfish?

Speaking of selfish, every other generation before ours tried to make this a better country for the next. How did we lose that value to the point we only care about ourselves and to hell with the people after us? Oh yes, now I remember, liberalism.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Imagine how financially sound our country would be had we only adhered to Madison's words.

My Medicare plan is great, beats the socks offa anything I was offered through pharma employers for decades. Sorry to hear about your personal financial situation relative to healthcare.

Your constitution also laid out how we were to go to war, we've paid no attention to that since WWII. A little consistency would go al long way in attempting to establish some credibility here Ray Ray. Your constitution is as inconsistent as the law is in america.

And, we have followed the constitution when using force.

There is already rationing of healthcare in the USA. Insurance companies won't pay for life extending treatments for the terminally ill. They're going to die anyway, but 6 months of additional life may come at a huge price tag. You're treatment is further restricted by networks.

I can walk into any hospital or doctor's office in Ontario and be seen at no cost to me.

Show us the facts! Do you honestly believe that tens of thousands of Canadians do NOT die while on your tortuously long waiting lists?

Sign in an emergency waiting room in Canada: Be grateful you have to wait. It means you are in no danger of dying. We thank you for your patience.

People don't die waiting for treatment in Canada because if you're really fucking sick, there are no waits or delays for your treatment. It's called "triage". You are assessed when you come the door by the Triage Nurse. My friend, who collapsed on the street, and went to Sunnybrook Hospital on the way home to get "checked out for pneumonia" on December 29th a few years ago, wasn't allowed to go home. They told her she had a very agressive form of cancer, and she started chemotherapy on January 2nd. She left Sunnybrook at the end of February, with her cancer in remission.

Last summer, I was terrified when my sister went to her doctor for a cough and he had her in for an MRI and a cancer biopsy within a week. I dropped everything to be by her side. Fortunately it wasn't cancer, but just the speed at which she was seen and tested was alarming. I am waiting for a knee replacement but my friend went to her doctor and asked for one and was operated on within a month. Of course she couldn't walk unassisted, and I can.

Americans pay nearly 35% of every health care dollar for administration and billing. So of your family expenditures of $14,000 on health insurance/medicare, $4,900 goes to administration - insurer pre-approvals prior to treatment, billing your insurers, and billing/collection of co-pays, filing and processing of claims.

In Canada, we have none of this. There are no pre-approvals on any standard treatments, and no waiting for pre-approvals. There are no third party billing companies, and no claims be submitted or rejected. All those layers of administration are eliminated. As is the insurance company profit margin.

I have an electronic swipe card I present when I go to the doctor, the phamacy, the dentist. I have never received a bill from the doctor or the hospital in my adult life, and I've had more than 5 major surgeries, a broken toe, a broken foot, three babies, and a heart attack. I'm waiting for knee replacement, which should be this year. I got in line early, so I can still walk without pain, and triage isn't a problem.

Your desperation is duly noted. All you have are personal experiences which are of questionable validity.

"In all, over one million Canadians waited some amount of time for surgery and medical treatment in 2018. This has a financial cost in addition to the physical and psychological one: specifically, a total of $2.1 billion in lost wages."

"Canadians are also underserved when it comes to preventive screening tests. In 2017, the United States had 37.6 magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) units per 1,000,000 inhabitants, versus just 10.0 in Canada. (Similar discrepancies exist for CT scanners, mammography machines, and radiotherapy equipment.) Little wonder, then, that Canadians waited an average of 10.6 weeks for an MRI."

Waiting for surgery and medical treatment

First come--first serve doesn't always work with people here. I don't want to have to take a number. I want to get treated by X in X facility when services are needed. Why is it out of all the elderly people I've spoken with from Canada, your experiences are the exact opposite?

So basically you're a whiny selfish prick. Yeah, you won't like everyone one being equal to you. Maybe that's your issue with Medicare now Ray.

My only issue with Medicare is the program is partly responsible for individual and group insurance being so expensive. Yes, I like the idea I can go where I want for care. I don't like the idea of government telling me where I can go, because like anything else, Democrats politicize everything.
Telling you where you can go for Medical Care is what insurance companies do, not Medicare. And how does your insurance company determine who you get to see? They negotiate will doctors and hospitals selecting those that will accept the lowest reimbursement rate in order to maximize profits. It's the old health insurance axiom, "Maximize Premiums and Minimize Claims".

And you continue to be stupid enough to believe "nothing out-of-pocket at the moment" is the same as "no cost to me" . . . unless you're the leech I think you are, who puts nothing into the system and expects other people's taxes to cover you, because your existence adds some indefinable "benefit" to the lives of others.

My only issue with Medicare is the program is partly responsible for individual and group insurance being so expensive. Yes, I like the idea I can go where I want for care. I don't like the idea of government telling me where I can go, because like anything else, Democrats politicize everything.
Telling you where you can go for Medical Care is what insurance companies do, not Medicare. And how does your insurance company determine who you get to see? They negotiate will doctors and hospitals selecting those that will accept the lowest reimbursement rate in order to maximize profits. It's the old health insurance axiom, "Maximize Premiums and Minimize Claims".

Look, you've made it clear that you're a greedy prick who wants to pick other people's pockets while glorifying yourself as "generous" for spending their money and denigrating them as "selfish" for not wanting you to take it. Not fair at all. You don't give a fuck about our families, or you'd stop howling to take our money for your own purposes.

Don't even TRY to claim some sort of moral high ground for yourself on the basis of your plans for our money, asshole.

Meanwhile, American emergency rooms and urgent cares don't have to post signs assuring people that they're lucky to wait. They advertise on the basis of you not waiting AT ALL.

Thank you, now get back in your line and mind your own business.

NEW STUDY? It is more than a decade old.

It seems to me the study (introduced by Harvard just as DumBama was trying to push Commie Care.) assumes that if people had healthcare insurance, they would go to the doctor more often. People don't avoid going to the doctor because of insurance, they avoid going because most people hate going to the doctor unless absolutely necessary.

Still soiling yourself Ray Ray? My Medicare is great, maybe they're picking on you.

Everybody that uses Medicare says it's great, but they only service the elderly and disabled. Folks have been paying into it the last couple of generations. When I started to work in the field, I was a kid, but my impression was government had more money they knew what to do with. I was in disbelief what kinds of things they paid for.

The system is not sustainable. It's going to be broke and become a major financial burden for our country. I can't see putting that problem in higher gear.

Canada couldn't afford the crappy healthcare they have if they actually had to defend themselves with an actual military, create new medical technologies and medicines.......we do all of that for them and....like the millenial living in the parents basement...bitch and moan about mom and dad being old and dumb....

Being the world police is an expensive position, but if somebody has to be the world police, think of who is strong and advanced enough to take our place if we don't want to do it any longer.

The arrogance and hubris you champion will be the nation's downfall; ignoring our own constitution as we self-aggrandizingly foment endless war and violence across the globe in economic colonialism.

The entire world knows the US has not followed its own constitution since WWII relative to war making and interventions across the globe illegally. The entire world knows the US reneges on treaties like Don files bankruptcies. The entire world knows the US partners/partnered with radical public square beheading Saudi Islamists, neo-Nazis in Ukraine, al Qaida, al Nusra, The Taliban, Saddam, Osama. The entire world knows that the US public water system is becoming ever more contaminated to support concentrated capital profit margin growth. The entire world knows the US that endless war is america’s economic engine. Whether you can confront this or not.

Yes, our militarist empire is economically cannibalizing society. Care to whine about your own hellthcare situation some more?

The arrogance and hubris you champion will be the nation's downfall; ignoring our own constitution as we self-aggrandizingly foment endless war and violence across the globe in economic colonialism.

The entire world knows the US has not followed its own constitution since WWII relative to war making and interventions across the globe illegally. The entire world knows the US reneges on treaties like Don files bankruptcies. The entire world knows the US partners/partnered with radical public square beheading Saudi Islamists, neo-Nazis in Ukraine, al Qaida, al Nusra, The Taliban, Saddam, Osama. The entire world knows that the US public water system is becoming ever more contaminated to support concentrated capital profit margin growth. The entire world knows the US that endless war is america’s economic engine. Whether you can confront this or not.

Yes, our militarist empire is economically cannibalizing society. Care to whine about your own hellthcare situation some more?

We can back out of all our military agendas across the world. After all, that's what we were doing before 911, and that worked out real fine.

Look, you've made it clear that you're a greedy prick who wants to pick other people's pockets while glorifying yourself as "generous" for spending their money and denigrating them as "selfish" for not wanting you to take it. Not fair at all. You don't give a fuck about our families, or you'd stop howling to take our money for your own purposes.

Don't even TRY to claim some sort of moral high ground for yourself on the basis of your plans for our money, asshole.

I don't need your precious money, l retired after contributing half a century of working in/to this predatory economic system.
If you care about your family, stop cooperating and participating in your endless bogus illegal unconstitutional wars of empire and the past half century of wealth redistribution to the top. Shittiest most expensive healthcare system among advanced post-industrial nations, MAGA-n-shit.

We can back out of all our military agendas across the world. After all, that's what we were doing before 911, and that worked out real fine.

Obviously we cannot help ourselves and no, this did not start at 9/11 Ray Ray.

What we did was ignore the terrorists. Clinton had a chance to take out Bin Laden, and he didn't. We suffered the first WTC attack, and didn't take it serious enough to guard against the second one on 911. In other words, we didn't go after them overseas. We waited until they came here. We simply can't do that with our enemies.

What we did was ignore the terrorists. Clinton had a chance to take out Bin Laden, and he didn't. We suffered the first WTC attack, and didn't take it serious enough to guard against the second one on 911. In other words, we didn't go after them overseas. We waited until they came here. We simply can't do that with our enemies.
Oh sure Ray Ray, that's why we have a military presence in 70% of the nations on the planet as we support 73% of the world's dictators.

We partnered with Osama you'll recall.

Oh sure Ray Ray, that's why we have a military presence in 70% of the nations on the planet as we support 73% of the world's dictators.

Yes we did. At the time it was post Vietnam. Few Americans approved of any overseas military disputes. So we let others do our fighting for us. We also supported Saddam for the same reason. We just sent military aid to Ukraine. Does that mean they're the good guys? No, it means they are fighting against the worse guys.

Yes we did. At the time it was post Vietnam. Few Americans approved of any overseas military disputes. So we let others do our fighting for us. We also supported Saddam for the same reason. We just sent military aid to Ukraine. Does that mean they're the good guys? No, it means they are fighting against the worse guys.

Ah but of course, the "lessor of evils" shit again. A rationale for every occasion so we can continue the same maniacal behavior as we await a different outcome. We support 73% of the planets dictators. Or would you like to say that the US supports the least evil 73% of the world's dictators?

Ah but of course, the "lessor of evils" shit again. A rationale for every occasion so we can continue the same maniacal behavior as we await a different outcome. We support 73% of the planets dictators. Or would you like to say that the US supports the least evil 73% of the world's dictators?

It's irrelevant who we support than it is the reason why. Yes, with conflicts, you need to support the less of two evils. I'd rather support a dictator who will keep us from having to send troops to fight a war than not supporting him and us end up having to get involved with a costly conflict.

I don't need your precious money, l retired after contributing half a century of working in/to this predatory economic system.
If you care about your family, stop cooperating and participating in your endless bogus illegal unconstitutional wars of empire and the past half century of wealth redistribution to the top. Shittiest most expensive healthcare system among advanced post-industrial nations, MAGA-n-shit.

Everything's not about you personally, Spanky . . . ESPECIALLY you, insignificant as you are even compared to regular people.

You're making plans for federal tax dollars, which means you're making plans for money that comes from people other than you, and then you're congratulating yourself on your "moral superiority" for how generous you are with money you never earned. Fuck you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back