We need an independent commission to look at what happened in Afghanistan

To me it's very clear what happened.

The fall of the Afghan government is to blame on both Trump and Biden

Trump pulled US troops out and made a ceasefire with the Taliban even as our allies in Afghanistan for still fighting them.
Biden continue Trump's withdrawal without leaving any support for the Afghan government even though he had intelligence reports in his possession that said the Taliban were likely to take the capital within a month. He did this while at the same time claiming that it was unlikely that the Taliban would be able to overthrow the government.

given the history of how brutal the Taliban treat his enemies, and the families of their enemies, especially Muslims living in their country, it's not surprising that the Afghan soldiers decided it'd be better to Retreat instead of risking their families facing retaliation from the Taliban if they fought.

Republicans and Democrats are so busy trying to blame each other, when each side holds a measure of blame for the failure in Afghanistan. it's really just a repeat of our failures in Vietnam when we left hundreds of thousands of South Vietnamese soldiers and civilians who had helped us so face the North Vietnamese alone as our soldiers fled.
This started with the Bush/Cheney decision and everybody knew that there would be no clean end to it.

1629276496073.png

To me it's very clear what happened.

The fall of the Afghan government is to blame on both Trump and Biden

Trump pulled US troops out and made a ceasefire with the Taliban even as our allies in Afghanistan for still fighting them.
Biden continue Trump's withdrawal without leaving any support for the Afghan government even though he had intelligence reports in his possession that said the Taliban were likely to take the capital within a month. He did this while at the same time claiming that it was unlikely that the Taliban would be able to overthrow the government.

given the history of how brutal the Taliban treat his enemies, and the families of their enemies, especially Muslims living in their country, it's not surprising that the Afghan soldiers decided it'd be better to Retreat instead of risking their families facing retaliation from the Taliban if they fought.

Republicans and Democrats are so busy trying to blame each other, when each side holds a measure of blame for the failure in Afghanistan. it's really just a repeat of our failures in Vietnam when we left hundreds of thousands of South Vietnamese soldiers and civilians who had helped us so face the North Vietnamese alone as our soldiers fled.
How many more soldiers and for how many years did we need for proper nation building you want to undertake? It took days for the regime to crumble.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
How many more soldiers and for how many years did we need for proper nation building you want to undertake? It took days for the regime to crumble.
That's the question none of these trumpers want to answer. And now trump is running his mouth.

When your really really serious about making a loud, expensive, and useless gesture - independent commission.

Those of us who were against the full-scale invasion from the beginning knew this was the likely ultimate outcome.

What I want to know is the reasoning behind the way we left. Was this another horrific intelligence failure, or did Biden make some terrible decisions? Either way, this is on Biden, but we need the big picture.

I suspect we'll find out much more on this, regardless of whether the Trumpsters want to.

Those of us who were against the full-scale invasion from the beginning knew this was the likely ultimate outcome.

What I want to know is the reasoning behind the way we left. Was this another horrific intelligence failure, or did Biden make some terrible decisions? Either way, this is on Biden, but we need the big picture.

I suspect we'll find out much more on this, regardless of whether the Trumpsters want to.
It is on Trump, who enabled the rapid takeover by releasing 5000 Taliban fighters last year.

Pay attention, dumbed-down Qtip dullard.

Trump let 5000 Taliban fighters go free last year. He ordered the release of their leader in Pakistan. Trump DID cause this mess, you blithering brainwashed dimwit.

Are you Jin P-Snarky?

She told that same lie.

But then you Nazis are a hive mind feeding from the Fascist hate sites like KOS and CNN...

It isn't just a Biden problem, it didn't start now, and it goes much deeper than what happened today. It requires some serious political soul searching and our broken hyperpatisan political system is incapable of doing that with integrity.

Some of the questions that come to me, as more and more news reveals hidden cracks.

1. What did various military and civilian intelligence say, know, miss?
2. What was relayed to Biden, and his national security team?
3.What was happening with Afghan leadership?
4. What information, if any, was ignored by Biden?
5. Could the outcome have been different while still allowing withdrawal and how?
6. What has the Taliban been doing since they signed that agreement?

More questions.

We had a small force of 3,500 troops maintaining the peace - zero casualties in 18 months!

Easy in hindsight to say you should have known the Afghan army was going to walk away. However our soldiers are getting out safely. It’s not like closing time at Disney. This is gonna be bumpy.

Were we prepared for worst case scenario? Hard to say. Probably not as well as we should have. Call us lucky.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

No mac, this isn't completely on Biden, but he does share responsibility.

It isn't just a Biden problem, it didn't start now, and it goes much deeper than what happened today. It requires some serious political soul searching and our broken hyperpatisan political system is incapable of doing that with integrity.

Some of the questions that come to me, as more and more news reveals hidden cracks.

1. What did various military and civilian intelligence say, know, miss?
2. What was relayed to Biden, and his national security team?
3.What was happening with Afghan leadership?
4. What information, if any, was ignored by Biden?
5. Could the outcome have been different while still allowing withdrawal and how?
6. What has the Taliban been doing since they signed that agreement?

More questions.
heres something worth investigating,,

Forum List

Back