We could lose 20% of small businesses.

Dog eat dog is your term not mine

we do believe in a competitive but fair market

you want workers to make more money for their labor but at the same time you want cheap junk from china

But you cant have it both ways

Where the cheap junk is made is kind of irrelevant to the discussion. We lost far more jobs to automation and process improvement than outsources. Most of what you consume is still made here.

So working folks get a little pittance of $1500 and big companies get a huge bailout after they already got big tax breaks in the Trump Giveaway.

Kind of like what they did in 2008, where all the working folks got kind of screwed.

What do you base the statement that "most of what you consume is still made here" on?

I dont care if you claim to be Henry Ford himself

The manufacturing jobs in America were moved to china and filled by chinese not by robots

Here, educate yourself.

During the recovery through our most recent data of 2013, all sectors except printing and printed goods recovered. The largest gains were in metals, machinery, automobiles, apparel, and petroleum. Over the entire period 2006-2013, manufacturing grew by 17.6 percent, or at roughly 2.2 percent per year. This is modestly slower than the economy as a whole, which grew by 19.4 percent over the same period, or 2.4 percent per year on average. Growth during the 2006-2013 period varied dramatically by sector, as reported in Table 1.

Manufacturing has continued to grow, and the sector itself remains a large, important, and growing sector of the U.S. economy. Employment in manufacturing has stagnated for some time, primarily due to growth in productivity of manufacturing production processes. Three factors have contributed to changes in manufacturing employment in recent years: Productivity, trade, and domestic demand. Overwhelmingly, the largest impact is productivity. Almost 88 percent of job losses in manufacturing in recent years can be attributable to productivity growth, and the long-term changes to manufacturing employment are mostly linked to the productivity of American factories. Growing demand for manufacturing goods in the U.S. has offset some of those job losses, but the effect is modest, accounting for a 1.2 percent increase in jobs beyond what we would expect if consumer demand for domestically manufactured goods was flat.

It's just easier to be racist against a Chinese than a Robot.

The manufacturing jobs in America were moved to china and filled by chinese not by robots

Here, educate yourself.

During the recovery through our most recent data of 2013, all sectors except printing and printed goods recovered. The largest gains were in metals, machinery, automobiles, apparel, and petroleum. Over the entire period 2006-2013, manufacturing grew by 17.6 percent, or at roughly 2.2 percent per year. This is modestly slower than the economy as a whole, which grew by 19.4 percent over the same period, or 2.4 percent per year on average. Growth during the 2006-2013 period varied dramatically by sector, as reported in Table 1.

Manufacturing has continued to grow, and the sector itself remains a large, important, and growing sector of the U.S. economy. Employment in manufacturing has stagnated for some time, primarily due to growth in productivity of manufacturing production processes. Three factors have contributed to changes in manufacturing employment in recent years: Productivity, trade, and domestic demand. Overwhelmingly, the largest impact is productivity. Almost 88 percent of job losses in manufacturing in recent years can be attributable to productivity growth, and the long-term changes to manufacturing employment are mostly linked to the productivity of American factories. Growing demand for manufacturing goods in the U.S. has offset some of those job losses, but the effect is modest, accounting for a 1.2 percent increase in jobs beyond what we would expect if consumer demand for domestically manufactured goods was flat.

you dont give a link so I dont know who is filling your head with globalist bullshit

but my basic point still remains unchallenged

Millions of jobs moved to china that are being fill by human chinese NOT ROBOTS!

hum

this is a race issue for you

Thats the usual knee-jerk liberal response every time you dont get your way

I want manufacturing returned to America

if in many cases that means robots I WANT THE DAMNED ROBOTS IN AMERICA!

but many more Americans will have better jobs than they have now

Estimated it will be 10-11% soon. Millions will be out of work.

Time to lift this quarantine BS now.

Unfortunately, a lot of people will not go to restaurants for the foreseeable future. Expect a lot more business failures
Just what the Democrats are praying for

the chinese virus revealed - at least to some people - that relying on a brutal communist dictatorship to make all the stuff we needed to survive is stupid and short sighted

Hey, funny thing. They are taking all those Chinese factories and moving them to Vietnam. Still a brutal communist dictatorship.
Thats a step in the tight direction

there is also thailand, the philippines, indonesia, and taiwan to name a few

if nothing else that does not leave us at the mercy of our #1 enemy in the world

Nice try but it does not wash

mayors and county commissioners in democrat controlled districts are issuing the orders to close businesses

yes, they are acting on the information given them by health professionals from international down to the local hospital

but the elected officials at state and local area have the final decision

Which wasn't the point. If your business was SO Marginal that being limited in operations for a few weeks is going to shut you down, then frankly, why should the rest of us bail you out? This is the argument you guys always make when it's working folks losing their jobs or some poor girl who gets knocked up and needs a welfare check.

Fuck them.
Fuck you ass hole, it was not there decision to shut down.. It was a government order
There is the difference.

the chinese virus revealed - at least to some people - that relying on a brutal communist dictatorship to make all the stuff we needed to survive is stupid and short sighted

Hey, funny thing. They are taking all those Chinese factories and moving them to Vietnam. Still a brutal communist dictatorship.

if nothing else that does not leave us at the mercy of our #1 enemy in the world
You're #1 enemy in the world is a mere 535 decrepit assholes who congregate on el Captal de Hell, DC and their Euro banker masters.

You're #1 enemy in the world is a mere 535 decrepit assholes who congregate on el Captal de Hell, DC and their Euro banker masters.
Yes, them too

but they are just useful idiots for the globalists led by china

hum

Probably not... The thing is, manufacturing comes along with a lot of pollution. Most of us don't want a dirty factory down the block dumping God knows what into the water or the air.

But again, easier for you to hate on people of color than take responsibility for your own life. Trump's secret to success.

you dont give a link so I dont know who is filling your head with globalist bullshit

but my basic point still remains unchallenged

Millions of jobs moved to china that are being fill by human chinese NOT ROBOTS!

It's not China's fault you got replaced by a robot.
you sill say anything to avoid admitting you are wrong

the jobs that moved to china are being performed by humans not robots

hum

Probably not... The thing is, manufacturing comes along with a lot of pollution. Most of us don't want a dirty factory down the block dumping God knows what into the water or the air.

But again, easier for you to hate on people of color than take responsibility for your own life. Trump's secret to success.
Now you have finally admitted a truth

you want the cheap toys from china but not the pollution

unfortunately chinese pollution is global and it reaches here sooner or later

Nor is it necessary to have pollution if you make stuff cleanly

it just costs more

and globalists are tightwads who talk the talk about a clean earth but dont walk the walk

Here, educate yourself.

Your fairy tale still does not cover up the fact that 90% of our drugs and much of our pandemic supplies are made in china

now new york and california are bidding against each other on the world market for crap made in china

that is what globalism does for us

Except that they didn't, as pointed out in the article I posted. I work in manufacturing, I can tell you that lots of stuff is still being made here, it's just being made more efficiently.

Not what I want, what we all want. Get real. You don't want a factory down the street pouring lead and PCB's into your water supply and neither do I.

Your fairy tale still does not cover up the fact that 90% of our drugs and much of our pandemic supplies are made in china

now new york and california are bidding against each other on the world market for crap made in china

No, that's what "free markets" does to us. The reason those things are made in China is that usually, there isn't enough demand for them to make them economically here. Most of the time, we don't want or need pandemic supplies.

Now we have a world wide pandemic and a lot of people demanding them, and production isn't keeping up. By the time it does, the crisis will probably be over, then we will go back to letting China make that shit because we don't need it. Or we'll have the government do what it should have done and stock up on a whole bunch of this shit that will deteriorate in a warehouse somewhere right next to the Government Cheese.

Except that they didn't, as pointed out in the article I posted. I work in manufacturing, I can tell you that lots of stuff is still being made here, it's just being made more efficiently.

Not what I want, what we all want. Get real. You don't want a factory down the street pouring lead and PCB's into your water supply and neither do I.

No, that's what "free markets" does to us. The reason those things are made in China is that usually, there isn't enough demand for them to make them economically here. Most of the time, we don't want or need pandemic supplies.

Now we have a world wide pandemic and a lot of people demanding them, and production isn't keeping up. By the time it does, the crisis will probably be over, then we will go back to letting China make that shit because we don't need it. Or we'll have the government do what it should have done and stock up on a whole bunch of this shit that will deteriorate in a warehouse somewhere right next to the Government Cheese.
You are still in denial

as I pointed out 90% of our drugs are made in china

you say oh well that capitalism

bull

its mercantilism

the communist government creates a company or companies to make drugs

and then subsidized them to the point that they can underbid American WORKERS

after that jobs for those drugs move to china

ou are still in denial

as I pointed out 90% of our drugs are made in china

you say oh well that capitalism

bull

its mercantilism

No, man, it's capitalism.

Also, you aren't even close on China being the producer of 90% of drugs. Quite the contrary, China isn't even in the top 10 of Drug exporters.

You source is from 2014 which is not up to date

the exact percentage of our dependance varies from drug to drug

but its high enough that when china threatened to withhold drugs from America people took notice

Forum List

Back