We could lose 20% of small businesses.

I’m guessing the thing you are typing on was made in China and that you wouldn’t have paid $1,000 more for the US version. It’s supply and demand. Not a big company conspiracy. Now if we have strategic reasons to make stuff here - like weapons/medicine - then that is a different story and just need to legislate but higher drug prices seems absurd in today world.

Here's the underlying problem. Labor would be only a small part of the cost no matter where it was made. This has always been as much about breaking the back of the American working class as it was about cost effectiveness.
So you’re back on conspiracy? My company imports from China all the time. We don’t meet with globalists to break the backs of work men or anyone. We get quotes from companies all over the world. China is cheapest about 25-35% of the time and that’s how much of our business they get. Sorry to disappoint.

You source is from 2014 which is not up to date

the exact percentage of our dependance varies from drug to drug

but its high enough that when china threatened to withhold drugs from America people took notice

Guy, you don't quote the Washington Times (Owned by the fucking Moonies!) and have credibility.

People can take notice all they want. The big corporations, the only people who really count. the people who OWN Trump, will keep on going to China or other third world countries to make stuff.

DEAL WITH IT. You can sit here and whine about it because Trump tells you to, because heaven forbid you look at this disaster and blame Trump and the Corporations that caused it. But when it's all over, they'll go right back to business as usual.
I’m guessing the thing you are typing on was made in China and that you wouldn’t have paid $1,000 more for the US version. It’s supply and demand. Not a big company conspiracy. Now if we have strategic reasons to make stuff here - like weapons/medicine - then that is a different story and just need to legislate but higher drug prices seems absurd in today world.
How about no drugs at any price because china wants to punish America for standing in the way of their strategic or political goals?

The absolute cheapest price is a very shortsighted way of looking at the world
Markets shift. If it’s unavailable then higher priced US versions would be in demand. That happens two ways. China refused to ship or we legislate you can’t buy from there. It’s not magic.

You source is from 2014 which is not up to date

the exact percentage of our dependance varies from drug to drug

but its high enough that when china threatened to withhold drugs from America people took notice

Guy, you don't quote the Washington Times (Owned by the fucking Moonies!) and have credibility.

People can take notice all they want. The big corporations, the only people who really count. the people who OWN Trump, will keep on going to China or other third world countries to make stuff.

DEAL WITH IT. You can sit here and whine about it because Trump tells you to, because heaven forbid you look at this disaster and blame Trump and the Corporations that caused it. But when it's all over, they'll go right back to business as usual.
How about no drugs at any price because china wants to punish America for standing in the way of their strategic or political goals?

The absolute cheapest price is a very shortsighted way of looking at the world
Markets shift. If it’s unavailable then higher priced US versions would be in demand. That happens two ways. China refused to ship or we legislate you can’t buy from there. It’s not magic.
In a perfect world where no nation was a threat to any other nation and all the workers enjoyed the same wages and standard of living unregulated competition would be possible

but that world does not exist

china is a threat to American workers and their standard of living

Let's hope this guy is wrong.

Shops in Manhattan are boarded ...I really gotta call some of my old buddies who are in retail an own stores...rags ...I call it slummin...for me it was lol. retail ewwwl.
I used to always talk to all the store owners ...knew em all ...all foreigners these days .

I know an indian he'll be fine owns the building his family owns a mill in dot head land ..alot of my silks came from that plant ....others gotta be crying...I have one ibecame close with... Syrian been here decades his wife an angel when ever I came into his office the woman always had grapes ...want some grapes ...hes gotta be dying ...his rents only 18k a month...employs a couple family members and 4 negros who need those jobs ...wouldn't be surprised if he goes under ....

Oh my

You are a true china apologist and America basher

do you really want to let china run roughshod over your own country?

China isn't capable of running roughshod over us... and we need to stop bullying them. Maybe even apologize for some of our past actions.

China had a fantastic potential to be a political and economic power, especially when dealing with problems like Middle East terrorism or global warming, if we work with them.

We have to get rid of the Reality TV Rodeo Clown, first.

So you’re back on conspiracy? My company imports from China all the time. We don’t meet with globalists to break the backs of work men or anyone. We get quotes from companies all over the world. China is cheapest about 25-35% of the time and that’s how much of our business they get. Sorry to disappoint.

Whatever buddy... fact is you made a decision to buy foreign instead of employing American. You really are part of the problem.

Oh my

You are a true china apologist and America basher

do you really want to let china run roughshod over your own country?

China isn't capable of running roughshod over us... and we need to stop bullying them. Maybe even apologize for some of our past actions.

China had a fantastic potential to be a political and economic power, especially when dealing with problems like Middle East terrorism or global warming, if we work with them.

We have to get rid of the Reality TV Rodeo Clown, first.

Your feigned arrogance is unbecoming for an America basher

china is quite capable of posing a threat to the US

Just for laughs what do we need to apologize to china for?

How about our imperialist policies towards them before WWII? Propping up warlords and corrupt governments. We could start there, but you are probably so ignorant of Chinese history that you have no idea why the Chinese call the period between 1839 (The first Opium War) and the Revolution "The Century of Humiliation".

Here's a crazy idea. Let's stop worrying about what they are doing in their country and be worried about what we are doing in ours.

How about our imperialist policies towards them before WWII? Propping up warlords and corrupt governments. We could start there, but you are probably so ignorant of Chinese history that you have no idea why the Chinese call the period between 1839 (The first Opium War) and the Revolution "The Century of Humiliation".

Here's a crazy idea. Let's stop worrying about what they are doing in their country and be worried about what we are doing in ours.
The humiliation was not inflicted by America

And we more than made up for any perceived slights by saving China from Imperial Japan during WWII

The businesses that should permanently close are the restaurants and factories with poor health practices, who sell contaminated food and food products.

And we more than made up for any perceived slights by saving China from Imperial Japan during WWII

Not really? Why do you think they overthrew our puppet Chiang? because they wuz so grateful?

America participated in the exploitation of China after the First Opium War... We sailed our gunboats up and down their rivers like we owned the place. Imagine if a foreign power did that with the Great Lakes or Mississippi river. The west introduced drugs, encouraged prostitution, and generally pissed them off.

This is what makes Trump's approach so awful. He's still trying to treat them like a subordinate instead of an equal.

Whatever buddy... fact is you made a decision to buy foreign instead of employing American. You really are part of the problem.
Businesses don’t decide jack shit. The customer does. When the customer wants to buy American companies will buy American. Again, what are you typing on?

Not really? Why do you think they overthrew our puppet Chiang? because they wuz so grateful?

America participated in the exploitation of China after the First Opium War... We sailed our gunboats up and down their rivers like we owned the place. Imagine if a foreign power did that with the Great Lakes or Mississippi river. The west introduced drugs, encouraged prostitution, and generally pissed them off.

This is what makes Trump's approach so awful. He's still trying to treat them like a subordinate instead of an equal.
Chang was not America’s puppet

thats your lib revisionist history misleading you

as for the gunboats I saw the Sand Pebbles too

a great movie

but as I said America saved china from Japanese aggression so we have nothing to apologize for

Businesses don’t decide jack shit. The customer does. When the customer wants to buy American companies will buy American. Again, what are you typing on?

An HP.

Now, keep in mind, that doesn't stand for Huang-Ping. It stands for Hewlett Packard. AN AMERICAN company decided to make it in China instead of America, not me. They patted each other on the back and paid themselves Eight figure salaries for fucking over American working people.

But Trump has managed to trick all the stupid people into hating on China for what American rich people did.

Chang was not America’s puppet

thats your lib revisionist history misleading you

Uh, yeah, we used to refer to him as "Peanut" and "Cash My Check", that's how little regard we had for him.

but as I said America saved china from Japanese aggression so we have nothing to apologize for

Yeah, let's look at that. We turned a blind eye for nearly a decade as Japan looted and plundered China. Then the Japanese attacked us and we became "Suddenly concerned".

An HP.

Now, keep in mind, that doesn't stand for Huang-Ping. It stands for Hewlett Packard. AN AMERICAN company decided to make it in China instead of America, not me. They patted each other on the back and paid themselves Eight figure salaries for fucking over American working people.

But Trump has managed to trick all the stupid people into hating on China for what American rich people did.
You hypocrite coward. Type away on your China produced computer while talking about buying in the USA. Well then what fucking shoes do you own? Unless your active shoes are one of these brands you are a hypocrite... I know you have ugly ass New Balance shoes on if you even have enough money not to buy Walmart knock offs.

You hypocrite coward. Type away on your China produced computer while talking about buying in the USA. Well then what fucking shoes do you own? Unless your active shoes are one of these brands you are a hypocrite... I know you have ugly ass New Balance shoes on if you even have enough money not to buy Walmart knock offs.

I'm all for free trade... I just don't pretend it was the Chinese that screwed us.. It was American companies.

This isn't like the 1980's, where we convinced ourselves that Japanese meant quality, so we all bought Japanese brands for Electronics and Cars. This was a case where AMERICAN brands decided to screw AMERICAN workers to make their Nikes and their computers in China.

But Trump has convinced stupid people like you that China is to blame.

I'm all for free trade... I just don't pretend it was the Chinese that screwed us.. It was American companies.

This isn't like the 1980's, where we convinced ourselves that Japanese meant quality, so we all bought Japanese brands for Electronics and Cars. This was a case where AMERICAN brands decided to screw AMERICAN workers to make their Nikes and their computers in China.

But Trump has convinced stupid people like you that China is to blame.
You don’t have to buy Nikes. In fact if you have such a loyalty to American made products let’s talk about how much research you do before buying. You have active shoes made in America I listed? Probably Nike. Or just as good, what jeans you wear? Probably Levi’s. Not American made either.

You decided that. The customer. Not Nike or Levi’s.

Forum List

Back