We always talk about the great battles and leaders of WW II

our intervening in WWII

Oh yes, and surely Japan attacking us in Hawaii and the Philippines had nothing to do with that at all.

Gods, have you ever actually looked at a history book? Because you have obviously never read one.

Quick news flash, in case you did not know. Japan declared war and attacked the US on the same day. Then four days later Germany declared war on the US. And on the same day, Italy declared war on the US.

That is the strangest kind of "intervention" ever, where it only happens after three nations declare war on another nation.

Here is a good book for you, if you’re man enough to read it.

Just by reading the title, I can tell it is complete garbage.

It still amazes me how many "Well intentioned" Liberals believe in the "Indian Genocide" myth. TO be honest, most of us actually loathe it, just as we loathe the more recent attempts to remove us from the popular culture by forcing almost anything named by or after us to something else. To me, the country honors us by naming a sports team after us, or uses one of our words to name a park or city. Now though, all must be scrubbed, and apparently we must remove any and all evidence that the first ones here were the Indians, and marginalize us by making us invisible.

You know the situation is insane when a school on the Ute Reservation is forced to change its mascot away from "Indians" because it is "racist". That to me is literally a case of lunacy that I for the life of me can't comprehend. Literally telling Indian kids, on an Indian Reservation that they can not have a mascot of "Indian".

I can’t find a good copy of a book which I once read about the Ford factory that produced so many or our aircraft. It was about the “Willow Run” plant. I see a copy costing way too much on Amazon.

View attachment 588982
But, here’s the cover I just copied from the Amazon site.

it’s pure historical-data driven. Non fiction. More like an accounting book. But I found it very interesting. You might, too. (Not at $62.00, though.)
Try this one then. I was swapping emails for a while years ago with the author when he sent me a copy.

The Arsenal of Democracy: FDR, Detroit, and an Epic Quest to Arm an America at War Hardcover – June 3, 2014​

by A. J. Baime
51OiWNkxu3L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A New York Times Bestseller

A dramatic, intimate narrative of how Ford Motor Company went from making automobiles to producing the airplanes that would mean the difference between winning and losing World War II.

In 1941, as Hitler’s threat loomed ever larger, President Roosevelt realized he needed weaponry to fight the Nazis—most important, airplanes—and he needed them fast. So he turned to Detroit and the auto industry for help.

The Arsenal of Democracy tells the incredible story of how Detroit answered the call, centering on Henry Ford and his tortured son Edsel, who, when asked if they could deliver 50,000 airplanes, made an outrageous claim: Ford Motor Company would erect a plant that could yield a “bomber an hour.” Critics scoffed: Ford didn’t make planes; they made simple, affordable cars. But bucking his father’s resistance, Edsel charged ahead. Ford would apply assembly-line production to the American military’s largest, fastest, most destructive bomber; they would build a plant vast in size and ambition on a plot of farmland and call it Willow Run; they would bring in tens of thousands of workers from across the country, transforming Detroit, almost overnight, from Motor City to the “great arsenal of democracy.” And eventually they would help the Allies win the war.

Drawing on exhaustive research from the Ford Archives, the National Archives, and the FDR Library, A. J. Baime has crafted an enthralling, character-driven narrative of American innovation that has never been fully told, leaving readers with a vivid new portrait of America—and Detroit—during the war.
Amazon product
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Review: 'The Arsenal of Democracy' by A.J. Baime​

Henry Ford's son, Edsel, was one of the unsung heroes of World War II.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Oh yes, and surely Japan attacking us in Hawaii and the Philippines had nothing to do with that at all.

Gods, have you ever actually looked at a history book? Because you have obviously never read one.

Quick news flash, in case you did not know. Japan declared war and attacked the US on the same day. Then four days later Germany declared war on the US. And on the same day, Italy declared war on the US.

That is the strangest kind of "intervention" ever, where it only happens after three nations declare war on another nation.
You need to get informed about FDR’s actions to instigate war and his foreknowledge of the attack at Pearl. Like nearly all our wars, the powers-that-be set things up.

War is a racket.

War is the health of the state.

You need to get informed about FDR’s actions to instigate war and his foreknowledge of the attack at Pearl. Like nearly all our wars, the powers-that-be set things up.

War is a racket.

War is the health of the state.
No one forced the Japanese empire to attack Pearl Harbor.

the only rational response to Pearl Harbor was exactly what we did.

Just by reading the title, I can tell it is complete garbage.

It still amazes me how many "Well intentioned" Liberals believe in the "Indian Genocide" myth. TO be honest, most of us actually loathe it, just as we loathe the more recent attempts to remove us from the popular culture by forcing almost anything named by or after us to something else. To me, the country honors us by naming a sports team after us, or uses one of our words to name a park or city. Now though, all must be scrubbed, and apparently we must remove any and all evidence that the first ones here were the Indians, and marginalize us by making us invisible.

You know the situation is insane when a school on the Ute Reservation is forced to change its mascot away from "Indians" because it is "racist". That to me is literally a case of lunacy that I for the life of me can't comprehend. Literally telling Indian kids, on an Indian Reservation that they can not have a mascot of "Indian".
Of course. Hopefully someday you’ll be able to see the truth, but I have my doubts.

I must love Il Duce.

“Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State.”

So why did the Japanese attack us?
(I doubt "gipper" could answer, or will, so ...)

A few reasons ...
1) They did not want to abandon their conquest and pillage of China, which is why the USA and Allies had imposed sanctions and trade embargoes against Japan.
2) Creation of their "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" (for Japan's benefit) had been the plan for some time and required further conquest of resources and markets.
3) They thought a few sound defeats/thrashings and the USA would caver-in and give-up.
4) With the USA out of the picture, the UK, Dutch, and others would be easy to defeat/conquer in East Asia/Western Pacific.
5) Military cliques of the Army and Navy had real control of the national government and thought they were more powerful than they were, and the West was weaker and had less resolve than it did.
6) Other ...

WWII hastened the end of imperialism. That’s why the map of Africa no longer says things like “French West Africa” and “Belgian Congo”
One of FDR's goals was de-colonizing the world and setting up independent states, That was Truman's basic plan, to follow FDR's program.

Oh really. Then kindly tell us about the evil actions he did to start the war. And how innocent the Japanese were in all of it.

No one forced the Japanese empire to attack Pearl Harbor.

Nor to invade Manchuria. Not to invade China, killing over 200 civilians and raping over 60,000 alone in a single battle (which prompted the embargos in the first place).

Oh, and what did the UK do to instigate the war with peaceful Japan? After all, they declared war against them as well. But I know Gipper will still blame it all on the US.

This is what I love about Gipper, he has absolutely no grasp of reality.

Of course. Hopefully someday you’ll be able to see the truth, but I have my doubts.

You know one thing I realized long ago? Most who try to tell me "the Truth" are really full of crap. Which is why I almost never go to the Conspiracy Theory area, it is full of lunatics that scream all day as they try to tell people the "truth".

1) They did not want to abandon their conquest and pillage of China, which is why the USA and Allies had imposed sanctions and trade embargoes against Japan.
2) Creation of their "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" (for Japan's benefit) had been the plan for some time and required further conquest of resources and markets.

China, Manchuria, French Indochina, Burma, Dutch East Indies, and all other lands in the region. Including in their mind India (which at that time still included Pakistan), the Philippines, and the eastern part of the Soviet Union. And they hoped eventually to expand to Australia.

3.america.england.png

And it can not be forgotten that they had already left the League of Nations almost a decade earlier in 1933. Over their expansion and cruelty in China. The LoN wanted to impose sanctions, so instead they left the organization. Today, that would be like Iraq leaving the UN after sanctions were proposed in the wake of the 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

FDR threatened to declare war on them if they didn't.

Actually, FDR made no threats against Japan. In fact, the US had already left the US area of control in China and largely turned it over to them by default. The only thing the US did was to enact embargos, as Congress was firmly in the hold of the Isolationists. Even going so far as to abandon China, starting in 1938, until 11 November 1941 when the last US forces protecting the area they were patrolling and going to the Philippines as it was obvious war was coming soon. Arriving in the Philippines barely a week before war came.

The US made no threats, and only threatened and did sanctions. Each one worse as Japanese aggression and atrocities increased.

Actually, FDR made no threats against Japan. In fact, the US had already left the US area of control in China and largely turned it over to them by default. The only thing the US did was to enact embargos, as Congress was firmly in the hold of the Isolationists. Even going so far as to abandon China, starting in 1938, until 11 November 1941 when the last US forces protecting the area they were patrolling and going to the Philippines as it was obvious war was coming soon. Arriving in the Philippines barely a week before war came.

The US made no threats, and only threatened and did sanctions. Each one worse as Japanese aggression and atrocities increased.
I agree. But I made a joke.

So why did the Japanese attack us?

(I doubt "gipper" could answer, or will, so ...)

A few reasons ...
3) They thought a few sound defeats/thrashings and the USA would caver-in and give-up.
4) With the USA out of the picture, the UK, Dutch, and others would be easy to defeat/conquer in East Asia/Western Pacific.
5) Military cliques of the Army and Navy had real control of the national government and thought they were more powerful than they were, and the West was weaker and had less resolve than it did.
6) Other ...

One of FDR's goals was de-colonizing the world and setting up independent states, That was Truman's basic plan, to follow FDR's program.

China, Manchuria, French Indochina, Burma, Dutch East Indies, and all other lands in the region. Including in their mind India (which at that time still included Pakistan), the Philippines, and the eastern part of the Soviet Union. And they hoped eventually to expand to Australia.

3.america.england.png

And it can not be forgotten that they had already left the League of Nations almost a decade earlier in 1933. Over their expansion and cruelty in China. The LoN wanted to impose sanctions, so instead they left the organization. Today, that would be like Iraq leaving the UN after sanctions were proposed in the wake of the 1990 invasion of Kuwait.
Here’s a good thread for you terribly uninformed imperialists.
Post in thread 'Paul Fussell — “Thank God for the Atom Bomb”'

Forum List

Back